What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marika Koroibete

super_coach

First Grade
We play Brooks and Moses every week in the top grade and will continue to regardless of form. The power brokers have decided they need to learn their trade in the top grade and I am not against that school of thought. What I do not understand is we vanished Koro to reserve grade because he had defensive problems, yet Brooks and Moses to a lesser extent are weaker in that area. You just do not let a player with the X factor walk out the door, he put bums on seats, and that is why I still think their were issue outside football that have been kept quite, but that is only a hunch and I could be very wrong.

Good luck to him, the Storm is a good fit for Koro

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We didn't let him go, he chose to go. He was told by Potter to fight for his spot and push for top grade selection. Sure he could score the tries in NSW Cup but he was effectively a turnstile in defence (something Bellyache has fixed up).

I would argue that if it took Bellamy less than 6 months to fix Koroibete's defence issues, then there's no reason why we couldn't have done that as well. It's the most ludicrous reason to let a fast and strong winger to go.

Fact is, we let him go and in turn, signed Naiqama who I would suggest is poorer than Koroibete in ever facet of the game (except hair style)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually Prince and Laffranchi

Not sure about all of them, but these guys as well I think were under contract

Gibbs
Marshall
Murdoch-Masila
Blair
Politoni
Fifita
Lui
Laurie
O'Hara
Head
Harrison
Covell
Villasanti

Didn't Ellis head back for personal reasons? If you're going to include him, then you better add Fulton, Tuiaki, McCracken and Dwyer as well.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
I would argue that if it took Bellamy less than 6 months to fix Koroibete's defence issues, then there's no reason why we couldn't have done that as well. It's the most ludicrous reason to let a fast and strong winger to go.

Fact is, we let him go and in turn, signed Naiqama who I would suggest is poorer than Koroibete in ever facet of the game (except hair style)

I had no/low expectation for Naiqama but he has been very solid if not great in defense and under the high ball.

not defending tigers sending Koro but Naiqama has been good for us.

...if he gets back in the good books. On the outer atm.

Kev has been surprisingly good.

Will be inreresting when Lawrence inevitably gets injured....

JT may not rate the other centre options in the lower grades as he used Lovett when Lawrence didn't play in a earlier game this season.

gronkathon

First Grade
I think that had as much to do with cap management as it did rating or not rating players.

Lovett has multiple uses like Halatau and is very handy to have as a guy already used in the cap

Tigers Tale

Juniors
What is the story with Nofo?

I know he came back from injury recently but this talk of being on the outer, is that because his form has been poor or isn't he happy for some reason. I really like watching this guy so I'd be intereasted to hear off those who know what the full and true story is.

Thanks....

super_coach

First Grade

I know he came back from injury recently but this talk of being on the outer, is that because his form has been poor or isn't he happy for some reason. I really like watching this guy so I'd be intereasted to hear off those who know what the full and true story is.

Thanks....

Re injured first or second game back, so it is nothing to do with form. Probably just a beat up by a second grade jurno. Although with the cap the way it is you can afford to have too much money tied up on wingers so who knows what Taylor has in mind, its not like the old days when we got a new leak a day from inside the camp, Taylor has managed to keep a lid on things

gronkathon

First Grade

Thanks....

Has to work his way back to the NRL side. Just like Lodge this weekend on his way back from injury.

Nof is out for another 3 - 5 weeks after getting a ankle injury last play of the games against the Panthers

The Rosco

Bench
...if he gets back in the good books. On the outer atm.

Kev has been surprisingly good.

Will be inreresting when Lawrence inevitably gets injured....

I was discussing this very topic with Scooby Doo, and that's exactly what he said too !!

Sorry Shanghai . . . couldn't resist :D

N.C.

Juniors
Not sure about all of them, but these guys as well I think were under contract

Gibbs
Marshall
Murdoch-Masila
Blair
Politoni
Fifita
Lui
Laurie
O'Hara
Head
Harrison
Covell
Villasanti

Didn't Ellis head back for personal reasons? If you're going to include him, then you better add Fulton, Tuiaki, McCracken and Dwyer as well.

Chris Heighington, Beau Ryan, Blake Ayshford

macnaz

Staff member

Lol true.
On a side note .. the guy was winning games in state cup scoring EVERY try at times for the teams win , and the side went backwards after his departure.
If u can score 3 and 4 and perhaps let in one u are still ahead.
But anyway MU , as u said , if he had defensive issues that couldnt be fixed shows a massive weakness in the coaching staff.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'd like to drop this topic because its one that pisses me off. I reckon him and Nofo on our wings would make us a much better team.

I remember Benji running sideways at some point in a game and just throwing it to Koro with a little space. Koro took off and scored. I wonder how much better our halves would be with some more strike power out wide.

Latest posts