Marika Koroibete

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by TomRedVRiver, Sep 29, 2017.

1. TomRedVRiver

TomRedVRiver Juniors

Thought I may as well get some chat going about this seeing as the whispers are getting louder. It'll probably get moved to the rumours thread as well, so apologies in advance to the admins haha.
    There's a good chance we miss out on Marika because he'll want to stay in Rugby, but if the impossible becomes a reality, what are everyone's thoughts on this?

Personally I think he's our missing link, signing this guy will almost be as big as Hunt.

2. denis preston

denis preston Bench

Cherry on top of the cake. Top 4 minimum with him and the other signings and the coach should be KPI'd into this. I think the Thompson rumors are directly related to this or at least securing a QUALITY winger / centre.

Country Dragon likes this.
  3. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Juniors

A winger pairing of Marika and a fully realised Nene would have been among the best in the NRL. Unfortunately Nene is too slow and lazy at the moment, but I will take any great winger we can get.

I would like to see Kurt Mann hold the other wing spot, possibly Zac Lomax if all goes well with him. Nighty is an excellent finisher but his speed means we will never be a good chance of attacking from long range, and I believe with Hunt's passing game, long range tries for our wingers may be on the cards again for us.

nontime111 and Country Dragon like this.
  4. dragonssamy61

dragonssamy61 Bench

He would be great.
    But we may not get him

5. BennyV

BennyV Coach

Seems like the perfect bloke to catch a cold sitting on the wing outside Aitken, while all our attack goes left to Nightingale to try and outrun anyone...

6. Old Timer

Old Timer First Grade

Be careful what you wish for.
    Any signing of a decent winger with the current squad staying as is will mean the end of Dufty for 2018.
    If you give any opportunity to Mc Fookknuckle he will play Nighty at FB as he will never drop him nor Nene for that matter.
    The only way around it is for Nene to be offloaded and a new winger come in for him.

7. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG Juniors

If Dufty doesn't address his 'Quinlan like' weaknesses such as allowing return kicks to bounce, or passing to his wingers instead of a 'hit up', I don't think your scenario will be worth much deliberation anyway.

I'll be surprised if Dufty lasts the whole of 2018.

8. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

Another Drag Queen clone no doubt maybe Mr McGregor instructed the boy to pass the ball to MCDONALD to stop him catching a cold on the wing.

9. denis preston

denis preston Bench

Jesus , Last year was his first year against men so he was always expected to play in trust and as a bonus one or two NRL appearances. He exceeded that but the off-season is pivot able to his body development and the club will be focused on that. Way , way ahead of Field in the NRL ready stakes.

blacksafake likes this.
  10. Objective View

Objective View Juniors

According to science, I think you may find that Mary is the missing link.

Straight Shooter

Life's Good, blacksafake and BennyV like this.
  11. BrissyRedV

BrissyRedV Bench

From memory, isn't Koroibete a left side winger making Flo the odd man out in this unlikely situation?

blacksafake and dragonssamy61 like this.
  12. Country Dragon

Country Dragon Juniors

I love Flo, but I really hope so!

13. ouryear

ouryear Juniors

No point discussing ...he is staying in rugby boring... min 2 years. Now he has been chosen in the oz squad.. he is staying for sure.

14. BennyV

BennyV Coach

The only 2 fullbacks I've ever seen do this consistently and obviously are Dufty and Quinlan. It's not coincidence considering who the coach is - this is 100% a 'tactic' from the genius in the coaches box, possibly an attempt to protect the smaller bodies. Ultimately it's dumb, erases a strength of Dufty (broken field running) and takes confidence away from a young player.

In saying that, I agree that Dufty won't last the season. Not due to any lack of ability or form drop that will see him relegated. More that our genius coach has no clue how to avoid player burnout or prepare youth for a long season, and an undersized youngster in a key position is very vulnerable to that...

15. Saints Forever

Saints Forever Juniors

We can only dream about signing Koroibete. He would give us the strike power for long distance tries we sadly lacked this year.

Only Dufty has the acceleration and speed to score from our 20, and of course Sims !

16. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

Would really love his signature but realistically I think it'll just be another rumoured signing of which we seem to have a lot of.

Qdf, dragonssamy61 and Life's Good like this.
  17. 71saintsimon

71saintsimon Juniors

Doesn't matter who the dragons sign they can sign the Melb big 3 won't make any difference as long as that Boldy bloke is sitting in the coaches box

Hills Dragon and Uplifting like this.
  18. Dragon Blood

Dragon Blood Juniors

True, as I have mentioned in other threads

19. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Juniors

I would be rapt if we signed Koroibete.

blacksafake and Smurf like this.
  20. Dragsters

Dragsters Juniors

Yes he is.

His speed would be an asset but he must be paired along side a strong defensive centre so better on the left with lafai than the right potentially with Aitken.

Flo and Nene can fight it out for the right wing. We know flo can play both sides...

blacksafake and dragonssamy61 like this.