What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marika Koroibete

Drag Queen

Bench
I really don't know where this rumour started, but I am supposing it was the time when the ARU was deciding which RU franchise to boot out. Of course the so called rumour mill went into overdrive due to the fact there were 2 ex-rugby league players playing for those franchises under question, Koroibete and Rona.

So the Rebels survived, so why would Koroibete leave?
He has a year left on his contract with the Rebels
He has played for Australia
Why would he come to the Dragons? (or any NRL team)
Mmm can't think of much really that would entice him. Considering that playing RU you get to travel frequently O/S ie: NZ, SA, Japan, South America and of course, if selected, Aust rep tours.

Same applies to Rona, except the Force was cut, but given the fact he is an Aust rep player, there is no doubt another franchise will snap him up.

My guess is that we are desperate for a "flyer" on at least one wing and of course Fijians seem to fit that bill very well, however, dreams of Koroibete are IMO just that dreams. We are more likely to sign a Fijian in the mould of Rokoduguni (Bath Rugby) if we were looking at all.
Kiwi rugby have a huge amount of talent even in D grade. Radradra is a freak of nature but you'll find a hub of excellent players in Union

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Always a centre with plenty of representative honours to boot.
So you have to ask yourself why our centre pairing plays like crap most games.

Agree dennis
You would think that would be our strongest area.
Just goes to show that mary is no were near a coach

Last edited:

jak

Bench
Answer is simple. Not all good students end up good teachers and not all good players end up good coaches. We have a coaching staff filled with good players but unfortunately I don't rate any of them as a coach.,
right on the money back in the good old days 63/64 raper had to replace gasnier for Australia and they were ok players average coaches.

Como Connection

First Grade
Answer is simple. Not all good students end up good teachers and not all good players end up good coaches. We have a coaching staff filled with good players but unfortunately I don't rate any of them as a coach.,
Possm
In my opinion Wayne Collins did a good job with the under 20's.
Also has more experience than the rest of the Dragon coaches.
Would be ok with him.
FACT
CC

possm

Coach
Possm
In my opinion Wayne Collins did a good job with the under 20's.
Also has more experience than the rest of the Dragon coaches.
Would be ok with him.
FACT
CC
I agree. I was referring to the first grade coaching staff - Mary, Hornby and Young.

MrDragon007

Juniors
Every thread, regardless of topic, seems to end up a bitch fest about the coach.
Theres a thread for you all to vent your anger about the coach, actually, theres a few, hows about you leave these threads for the topics they are created for, and take the coach bashing to the appropriate threads.
Onya Lads.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Every thread, regardless of topic, seems to end up a bitch fest about the coach.
Theres a thread for you all to vent your anger about the coach, actually, theres a few, hows about you leave these threads for the topics they are created for, and take the coach bashing to the appropriate threads.
Onya Lads.
I agree 100%.

possm

Coach
Onya Lads.
For the Mary apologists it must be very frustrating. For the rest of us it is simply the result of our irritation resulting from the non sacking of Mary.

getsmarty

Immortal
Onya Lads.

Cue the Sack Mary Quotes LOL

qld redvee

Juniors
story in todays tele where koroibete says that he doubts he will return to league - union easier on the body ... So Id say this rumour is now put to bed and we still need some speed ... I think we should give Lomax the off season to train as a winger