What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Meredith

Disco

Bench
I got this from another site, so i don't know about its credibility, but have any souths fans (slugs) heard anything, also how does this guy go? what possie does he play (backrow???)

Signing Rumor
1/9/2003 6:21:05 AM

A mate of mine who is an ardent Souths supporter, was at Souths Leagues club after their game on Saturday night.
He was talking at length to a player called Mark Meredith who apparently has been playing really well in a beaten team each week.
A month ago Souths told him he won't be re-signed for next year.
He then put in some really good performances and Souths offered him a deal to which he replied" Shove it up you ass, I'm signing with Manly".
There were a lot of people at Souths who were really pissed off when they heard because he was a real prospect for them.
Anyway it's a rumor, but from the horses mouth so it could be true.

Seano

Juniors
that is true - i dunno bout the signing with manly part (hope thats not true) but souths told him he wasnt wanted, then his form picked up and we wanted to keep him, and he said he was testing the market.

So he could be headed to manly?!?

Disco

Bench
how does he go, a couple of Manly fans claim he is a prop and an exciting prospect, if so i hope he comes our way

Seano

Juniors
hes not huge but hes solid and is aggressive.
he could be a good player with more weight, time and experience

kaon

Juniors
Mark Meredith was a schoolboy star and really impressed as a Parramatta junior but he hasn't lived up to those expectations yet.

In my opinion it is because he has come to first grade via the Souths system. With some proper coaching, he will go far.

Slugs

Yeah he is strong and can build up speed over a small amount of space, however he does have a bad sets of hands.

Hope he does earn well in the future no matter which side he plays in because he certaintly will struggle to succeed on the Guest Speaker circuit once he retires.

Briza

Juniors
90% of the players who leave sth's move on to become stars!!!! - this kid will be no exception.

Slugs

Briza said:
90% of the players who leave sth's move on to become stars!!!! - this kid will be no exception.

Just ask Fatty Vautin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grantwhy

Juniors
Briza said:

Souths = Gold Coast Giants/Seagulls/Gladiators/Chargers/DidIMissOne? of Sydney

as soon as a young player shows promise they get taken by a bigger team :cry:

Alan Shore

First Grade
Grantwhy said:
Briza said:

Souths = Gold Coast Giants/Seagulls/Gladiators/Chargers/DidIMissOne? of Sydney

as soon as a young player shows promise they get taken by a bigger team :cry:

Or their talent gets coached out of them.

Latest posts