What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Webber claims first career F1 pole!

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Some great news to wake to this morning in seeing Mark Webber claim his maiden F1 pole position! This is HIS chance to claim that elusive first Grand Prix win - I can't wait to watch this tonight.

As a Ferrari fan in mourning, seeing our boy Mark Webber enjoy success in 2009 has been awesome.

Meanie

Juniors
I stayed up to watch it, awesome moment. He's in a good position to turn it into a win too, Red Bull's are the fastest cars out there. Weather is only variable.

Parra

Referee
He can handle the weather.

Webber has botched some great grid positions in his time. Hopefully he gets a clean start - if he does a win is on the cards.

Should be a great race.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Not one to state the obvious though it has to be said: this is his BEST chance to win a Grand Prix. No excuses. If he leads in to the first corner, he should be able to win this barring mechanical failure/accident.

The Red Bull car is quick, Mark Webber is a very good driver.

On a side note, I really hope Ferrari can put in a good showing here.

roopy

Referee
"you f**king beauty" he said when they went to the live cross.
Can't argue with that.
Good luck to the guy. I can't believe he has finally done it after being an 'also ran' for so long.

roopy

Referee
He can handle the weather.

Webber has botched some great grid positions in his time. Hopefully he gets a clean start - if he does a win is on the cards.

Should be a great race.
He didn't get a clean start.
He caused a crash and got a drive through penalty, and still won the race, although i don't know how because i turned off for a while after the penalty drivethrough.

Cletus

First Grade
I never thought he'd win a grand prix but he's kicking arse in the lead now. The post match press conference will be great if he wins, I don't think he'd think he'd win one either.

Dee

Juniors
Amazing win really taking into consideration the drive through penalty. Very dominant and a much deserved win, Good stuff!

Knightmare

Coach
ONYA MARK! NO LONGER THE BRIDESMAID!!!:D

I can still remember so well the days when he was driving Formula Ford at Bathurst, there is no more deserving winner in Formula 1.

Haven't heard someone so ecstatic on the pit radio since Ayrton won his first Brazilian Grand Prix back in '91...

Jason Maher

Immortal
More than makes up for the form of my team (McLaren). Well done to Mark, and a big thankyou to Kovaleinen and Massa for backing up his challengers for substantial periods in the first half of the race, which made up the time Mark lost on the drive-through. He was quicker than them anyway, but he would ahve had to pull off a few passing manouvers, rather than just wait for them to pull into the pits.

I thought it was brilliant how Mark's team used the drive-through to pass Barrichello by coming into the pits at the same time. With the extra fuel Mark had on board and Barrichello getting backed up when he came out, the penalty was effectively nullified.

Big Tim

First Grade
A race that could have gone down the gurgler if it werent for KERS. Who said KERS was a waste of money?????

My Mrs. said it best: "Whats the big deal? He had a drive thru and didnt even get any McDonalds!"

Was a brilliant moment. First Australian to win an F1 Grand Prix in my lifetime.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Easily amongst the top 3 moments off all-time for me in terms of being a F1 fan.

I watched the race, I taped the race (IQ2) and enjoyed it as much as any win as a passionate Ferrari fan. This is a turning point for Mark Webber. He can get it done. He can dominate a race weekend. Webber will go on to bigger and better things.

Can he win the Championship? I don't think he can, I think he gave Brawn too big a head start. 2010 he will be a favourite (especially if RB can improve the car's performance when behind a car).

0,,6716818,00.jpg

he carried the sand well in 1990

Last edited:

Latest posts