What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mary Set To Get Some Help

Lewish33

Juniors
Not sure how true. But can only be a good thing right?

The Dragons are set to sign highly-rated English coach Richard Agar to help embattled coach Paul McGregor next season.

Agar is one of the most respected coaches in Britain, having coached the French national team as well as Wakefield and Hull at club level
He is currently assistant coach to Tony Smith at Warrington but is believed to be close to signing on at the Dragons in a recruitment and high performance manager role.

The Dragons started the season strongly and signed McGregor to a new deal as a result.

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/07/25/...iggest-risk-of-his-career#U2LueSsXye34Ao34.99

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Recruitment and High Performance may not be assistant coaching Role. However good to see they are getting someone outside the club. Is Pickworth/Millward leaving ?

I wouldn't think so. Millward seems well entrenched as the head of recruitment. Maybe its just providing an avenue to the UK players. As far as High Performance, Pickworth doesn't have this title.
McGregor would never show any respect to JD and he showed that last year with comments such as "the Nth QLD attacking coach" and calling him "Dimitri".
This guy is older has more experience and given a couple of years in our system will more than likely be our coach from 2020.
Thats a pretty big call, but why would you uproot your family move to Oz just to he a recruiter? Unless there is a carrot at the end of the stick so to speak.

I wouldn't think so. Millward seems well entrenched as the head of recruitment. Maybe its just providing an avenue to the UK players. As far as High Performance, Pickworth doesn't have this title.
McGregor would never show any respect to JD and he showed that last year with comments such as "the Nth QLD attacking coach" and calling him "Dimitri".
This guy is older has more experience and given a couple of years in our system will more than likely be our coach from 2020.
Thats a pretty big call, but why would you uproot your family move to Oz just to he a recruiter? Unless there is a carrot at the end of the stick so to speak.
That'll do me!
Why did we hire McGregor in the first place and why did we extend if only to keep propping him up?
I hope Agar turns out to be a genius but if you add Mary's current, upgraded salary to Agar's salary then why not invest in a real coach that doesn't need imported experience?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Can we get an assistant for the assistant, who happening to assist the coach, who needs all the assistance he can get?

Just another layer of management for to feather blame to and or complicate the situation.
As in soccer, we'll soon have more coaching assistants than players.

In saying that, anything that can assist McGregor can't be all that bad, can it?

I think l'll get me an assistant to assist me posting on this forum.
If someone doesn't like my post, l can blame it on the assistant ............ sounds like a plan!

Old Timer

Coach
Millward finally found a prop but it wasn't for the team evidently
Hope he has the same accent as the captain otherwise Mc Fookknuckle will never understand him

Gareth67

First Grade
Any help , whatsoever , from whomever , can only be of benefit to the man . Who knows, this Agar chap may be able to ensure that we , the supporters , have something to cheer about throughout the entire season . Wouldn't that be pleasant ?

Latest posts