What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mason Gone From Origin 1?? - What Odds Ryles??

Sportsjock

Juniors
Interesting to see if Mason is dumped from Origin 1.

In my opinion he will be gone, early Monday, and it would not suprise me if Jason Ryles is called in pending him pulling through last nights game.

RenoufPhan

Juniors
If they were gonna dump him, wouldn't they have announced it after the meeting with the NSWRL when they announced Minichello's dismissal?

He deserves to get booted but if it hasn't happened yet, it probably won't happen. Gould seemed to dodge the question last night when Vossy and Sterlo asked him why Mason wasn't kicked out even after it was acknowledged he broke 3 rules.

wittyfan

Referee
RenoufPhan said:
If they were gonna dump him, wouldn't they have announced it after the meeting with the NSWRL when they announced Minichello's dismissal?

Yeah, the $6000 fine was his only punishment. I haven't heard of further investigations into his antics. :?

Sportsjock

Juniors
The punishment apparently did not include his antics at the signing session, with NSWRL board member John Chalk today saying live on radio that fresh evidence ( including a stat decleration by a 2GB producer, and statements from surrounding witnesses ) will be discussed at a special meeting on Monday. If that isnt enough, there is apparently security footage of Minichello and Mason hassling a female in Darlinghurst road ( where the girl was allegedly pushed to the ground after one of the players looked up her skirt ) which is due to also be viewed Monday. The weight of confidence in these allegations suggests it is far from being a media beat up , as you can't argue with security footage after all can you?!

Its my belief that he will be gone.

Weight of numbers today, and John Chalks reaction to the new allegations, suggests its not over yet.

SaintTPP

First Grade
No don't make Ryles go please!! We need him fit for Friday against the broncos. Although there is no doubt in my mind why they chose him on the run-on squad even after playing only 2 weeks, he is playing great!!!!

Eels Dude

Coach
The spot should go to Clinton if Mason is sacked. If Phil Gould is serious that the reason he missed out in the first place was because of a lack of match practise he can hardly overlook him for Ryles.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Clinton and Skandalis deserved to be there ahead of Mason anyway.

Mason is a dead set tosser and a blight on the game. The sooner he is kicked out of the squad, and better still the game, the better. The Bulldogs need to do something substantial to teach this guy a lesson and restore their credibility with both the NRL and the rugby league public. As Ray Hadley said last night, wherever there is trouble or controversy, you'll find one W Mason. In my opinion, he is starting to make the likes of Julian O'Neill, Chris Walker and John Hopoate look like saints by comparison and the game doesn't need him.

ibeme

First Grade
I hope the Bulldogs give him the boot, but their hands are tied until the NSWRL have completed their investigations. The Bulldogs can't undermine that investigation by sacking him now. And if the NSWRL don't sack him, then the Bulldogs will be in a very difficult position. The SOO would have a sacked player representing NSW. That would not be a good look. So I hope he's sacked from SOO first thing Monday morning.