What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match 1: Aust v NZ t20 tri-series at SCG Feb 3, 2018

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kinda like Goliath (nz) v David (aust) match this

Despite being belted and losing the t20 series to Pakistan across the ditch, am expecting the kiwis to bounce back hard and win this opener quite easily.

Don’t think Warner should be playing this series, the rest of the test squad are resting and will be going over to SA for a tour game mid feb.

JJ

Immortal
I think we're at better T20 and ODI side than you at the moment

But our selections in the last game were insane so not sure what will happen next

Also unlike ODIs T20s are just about a coin toss

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Pakistan beating NZ have seen them move to number 1.

A tri series is not a bad idea, I reckon we'll do ok.

Meth

Staff member
T20 is a carnival.

If the NZ team is the team that played last night, Australia got dis

JJ

Immortal
T20 is a carnival.

If the NZ team is the team that played last night, Australia got dis
Agreed, presumably Munro is back, Taylor stays, and hopefully this stupidity with Kitchen and Blundell is finished (but I doubt it)

If Phillips isn't ready ATM then it has to be Seifert and then either Devcich, Chapman or perhaps Worker for Kitchen

Munro
Guptill
Williamson
Taylor
Bruce
Seifert
CDG
Santner/Sodhi
Southee
Sodhi/Ferguson
Boult

Bazal

Post Whore
So NZ sending Blundell and Kitchen - LOL

We're so bad at T20 cricket that you lot could send Chris Harris, Andre Adams, Glen Sulzberger and the Marshall twins and still beat us tbh

JJ

Immortal
We're so bad at T20 cricket that you lot could send Chris Harris, Andre Adams, Glen Sulzberger and the Marshall twins and still beat us tbh
Maybe - I guess Blundell is a the equivalent of Paine

Kitchen is bizarre, he's literally like the 6th or 7th best spin bowling all-rounder in the country, and despite his appearance is well over 30 - makes as much sense as Cameron White - except some people actually think Cameron White was ok once

Meth

Staff member

I won't have you disparaging the good name of Glen Sulzberger.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Maybe - I guess Blundell is a the equivalent of Paine

Kitchen is bizarre, he's literally like the 6th or 7th best spin bowling all-rounder in the country, and despite his appearance is well over 30 - makes as much sense as Cameron White - except some people actually think Cameron White was ok once

There's also a lot of criticism by Kiwi fans being aimed at Kane Williamson in T20. His sub 120SR in the World T20 was okay due to the low scoring big turning pitches that NZ got lumped with (Santner and Sodhi starred), but he's sub 115 this year and last year on better pitches.

He had Corey save an innings against Bangladesh, and Kane had a good knock in one further game, but his efforts versus Safrica and Pakistan last, live long in the memory of a few disgruntled with his slow SR.

Hopefully with Ross back in the team, with Munro and Guppie, KW plays a lil more like he does for the SRH with Warner and Dhawan in the IPL, cos in the CPL - he's 10 games, 17 average and SR 89. CPL is comparatively low scoring typically, but its where Munro made a name for himself at the top of the innings last year. So its not SR 89 material.

I back KW to succeed sooner or later. Kitchen, well - less so. Hopefully Blundell looks to play his pull shots and drives instead of scooping every ball. He kinda looked like that Zimbabwean guy facing McGrath in the last T20 match. Except Marillier hit a couple.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
We're so bad at T20 cricket that you lot could send Chris Harris,

I was listening to Mark Taylor self saucing about The Big Show the other day - how there's so much more to him than his batting, he saves a thousand runs in the field, takes wickets etc etc. I reckon Tubby would spontaneously combust if he thinks too much about Harry, the ultimate bits and pieces cricketer, handy bat, pretty good ODI bowler with his never arriving in-swings come leg rollers, and a flat out great fielder.... And a great hair style too!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I was listening to Mark Taylor self saucing about The Big Show the other day - how there's so much more to him than his batting, he saves a thousand runs in the field, takes wickets etc etc. I reckon Tubby would spontaneously combust if he thinks too much about Harry, the ultimate bits and pieces cricketer, handy bat, pretty good ODI bowler with his never arriving in-swings come leg rollers, and a flat out great fielder.... And a great hair style too!
Yes, but was he a qualified number 8?

JJ

Immortal
Yes, but was he a qualified number 8?
Probably more a 6 or 7, but back in the day could out-Woakes Woakes I reckon

Did make me think about the poor bastards cleaning up the Nine commentary booths - spooge everywhere, yuck

TheParraboy

Staff member
Be interesting to see how we go, I rate NZ in t20

(also keen to see how poms go v NZ)

No surprise out of all the test nations we have played the least international t20s (according to the current rankings)
Even Afghanistan have played a lot more

We have picked some inform t20 players in Carey, Short and Lynn. Any of one ore more of them get going we are in with a huge chance

Latest posts