What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Finals Wk 1 vs Panthers @ Allianz Stadium

Who will win? Finals Wk 1: Panthers v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2016 - Finals Wk 1
Penrith Panthers v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park (TICKETS)
Sunday 11 September 2016

Gates Open 11am / U20s (WST v PAR) 11:10am / U20s (PEN v CRO) 1:30pm / NRL 4:10pm

PEN-16teamlist.png

1. Matt Moylan 2. Josh Mansour 3. Waqa Blake 4. Tyrone Peachey 5. Dallin Watene Zelezniak 6. Bryce Cartwright 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Leilani Latu 9. Peter Wallace 10. Suaia Matagi 11. Isaah Yeo 12. James Fisher-Harris 13. Trent Merrin
Interchange: 14. Sitaleki Akauola 15. Jeremy Latimore 16. Chris Grevsmuhl 17. Zak Hardaker 20. Moses Leota

CBY-16teamlist.png

1. Brett Morris 2. Tyrone Phillips 3. Josh Morris 4. Kerrod Holland 5. Curtis Rona 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Moses Mbye 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Lichaa 10. James Graham 11. Josh Jackson 12. Greg Eastwood 13. David Klemmer
Interchange: 14. Sam Kasiano 15. Tim Browne 16. Tony Williams 17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 19. Danny Fualalo

REF-RED-2016-150.jpg

Referees: Jared Maxwell, Chris James
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Russell Turner
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Ben Galea, Jason Robinson

Both the Bulldogs and Panthers have been eliminated from the Intrust Super Premiership (NSWRL)

Head to Head
Overall 98 - Panthers 38 Bulldogs 57 Drawn 3
At Allianz 1 - Bulldogs 1 Panthers 0
Last 5 - Panthers 3 Bulldogs 2
Finals 3 - Panthers 1 Bulldogs 2

Last Meeting
2016 Round 2 - Bulldogs 18 Panthers 16 at Pepper Stadium

Biggest winning margins
2008 - Panthers 52 Bulldogs 16 at Pepper Stadium (36 points)
1980 - Bulldogs 40 Panthers 14 at Pepper Stadium (26 points)
2001 - Bulldogs 40 Panthers 14 at Spotless Stadium (26 points)
2004 - Bulldogs 46 Panthers 20 at ANZ Stadium (26 points)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't know why but I'm not worried about this game.

When I say not worried I guess I mean in the sense that we're on a hiding to nothing - so anything resembling competitiveness would be a bonus.

Dogs Of War

Coach

When I say not worried I guess I mean in the sense that we're on a hiding to nothing - so anything resembling competitiveness would be a bonus.

Pretty much. I don't hold high hopes if we come out with the energy we have had in the last month or so. But it's a whole new ball game now, and the positional changes made for this game may provide that spark that has been missing. Geez, I would have had Bmoz at the back ages ago to change things up. I think Hoppa would make a better centre at any rate.

Gareth67

First Grade

Well you were certainly right about that , ( 6th sense ? ) , Timmah !
Those young Panthers really put the cleaners through your mob , did they what !

The alarm bells should be ringing like ' thunder-claps ' around the Bully-dogs Boardroom, for a number of reasons . Firstly , Des's tactics of using big bodies to trample the opposition just ain't going to work anymore .
Secondly , as we already knew , your halves DO NOT have that creative flair that IS
required to go all the way in the Final Series .
Thirdly , although you use the Third Party Agreements to the maximum advantage , and by so doing buy just about whomever Des' s wants , you still cannot find that WINNING formula to buy , I mean win a priemership .

Which comes back to one thing , your superstar coach , just does not have the ability to take your team all the way .
Sad , but true . Perhaps your Boardroom may be able to entice Craig Bellamy to the Bulldogs , but to do so they would have to get him to break his current contract with the Storm .

That should not prove too difficult to do , as your Club has had pass experience in doing just that , from memory I think it was a fella by the name of Des Hasler , ring a bell ?

By the way , bad luck about the weekends match , I personally believe that you blokes were robbed , however there's is always next year , or the year after that , maybe .

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Who taught you how to type?
Why , I must say , that I have had no professional tutelage in the art of English Grammar and associated composition . I am proud to say that i'am entirely self - taught .

Why , do you see a bright future for me , in perhaps Rugby League journalism ?

Latest posts