What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Roosters @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 1: Wests Tigers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger Ted

Bench
Gee it was a great weekend,WT win and Rorters,Dogs and Eels lose.
...& turdesco & the tanker were shite.

Us beating the rorting bondi effluent is obviously the most joyous result of the opening round & the most side splitting vision of the weekend is unequivocally Shazza Woods’s haircut.Its going to take some beating !

Das Hassler

Bench
Teddy no doubt would have expected he'd put that losing at the death feeling well and truly in the rear view mirror....always time for one more

WT Unity

Juniors
OTT - I think what most impressed me was having front rowers that do a good job at being front rowers. They all hit hard. They all fought to get a good play the ball. Packer and Matulino really stepped up and took some tough hit-ups and made some critical tackles.

There have been numerous times over the last however many years where soft c**k Woods has done a soft hit-up and had a slow play the ball when we needed so much better.

I would put Fonua into the side straight away. MWZ doesn't offer enough. You could play MWZ in the centres though. Naiqama to me has to go next week.

There has been a few comments in the latter posts about our Front Rowers....IMO Packer's first stint was outstanding - During that first 24 minutes (I think his first stint was 24 mins) the first 24 mins of the game, the first 24 mins of the season he put his hand up and charged directly into the opposition pack without fear of regard for self-preservation....he eyed off JWH and Napper and was there to meet those 2 every time they took a hit up...he made good solid first contact and dropped on top of them....he grounded them...he didn't dance with them. To me it looked like he went out there with the mindset to be the most dominant forward on the park in the first front rower session of the game - AND HE DELIVERED!
Welcome to the tiges big man and please keep leading the pack that way and the fans will show you some big love cos it's just what we've been waiting for!

Clifferd

Coach
Does anyone have the stats for our front rowers running meters? I think Twal topped them off the bench iirc

The kid is a gun and should also be one of our long term re-signings

Last edited:

WT Unity

Juniors
Does anyone have the stats for our front rowers running meters? I think Twal topped them off the bench iirc

The kid is a gun and should also be one of our main re-signings

Twal - 11 runs for 129 metres / 24 tackles @ 96% efficiency
Packer - 7 runs for 99 metres / 29 tackles @ 93.5% efficiency
Matulino - 8 runs for 84 metres / 21 tackles @ 95.5% efficiency
Eiso - 15 runs for 149 metres / 31 tackles @ 93.9% efficiency
All of the above averaged 10+ metres per hit up (except Eiso who averaged 9.93 metres per run)
Packers average metres per hit up was 14.14 which is huge!

I couldn't find the minutes played stat which would have some bearing on the above stats

One more stat...
Woods - 14 runs for 117 metres / 31 tackles (no efficiency rating given)
Average of 8.3 metres per run

Clifferd

Coach
All of the above averaged 10+ metres per hit up (except Eiso who averaged 9.93 metres per run)

I couldn't find the minutes played stat which would have some bearing on the above stats

One more stat...

Packer and Matulinos stats don’t do it justice, but they really provided starch. Packer lined up JWH every tackle and hardly got dominated, same with Matulino.

The huth does so much work. Hes the sort of player you go to the trenches with, fckin love him. Not sure if I’d persist with him at prop though, I think his best work is done in the 13

Tiger05

First Grade
Our middle forwards are guns. So much better than what we've had in the past. Sue and Felise were also huge in reserves.

magpie_man

Juniors

One more stat...

This post gave me wood.
I was concerned about how Eiso would go playing in the front row but he delivered, with a lot of help from the platform layed by Packer and Matulino.
I would still rather he play at Lock but ICWT (in Cleary we trust)

Latest posts