What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Sea Eagles @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 1: Knights v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SQUAD

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
3. Sione Mata’utia
4. Tautau Moga
5. Nathan Ross
6. Connor Watson
7. Mitchell Pearce (c)
8. Herman Ese’ese
9. Slade Griffin
10. Jacob Lillyman
11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12. Aidan Guerra
13. Mitch Barnett

14. Brock Lamb
15. Chris Heighington
16. Jamie Buhrer (c)
17. Daniel Saifit

18. Ken Sio
19. Jacob Saifiti
20. Danny Levi
21. Luke Yates

Knight76

Juniors
Unless the plan is for Daniel to sub on with lamb and use lamb as a battering RAM for hitups I don't have any idea why Lamb would be on the bench.

Burwood

Bench
That bench is terrible- not the quality of the players, but the general make up of it.

And the reasoning behind Lamb’s selection is to cover a possible injury? What happens if there are no injuries? It means that he either sits on the bench for 80 minutes, or part of Brown’s game plan is for him to come on at 5/8 and Watson either gets a rest or covers hooker.

I hope it’s not the latter- I hate when coaches fiddle with a team’s spine during the match. Fullback, half and 5/8 needs to remain untouched.

slotmachine

First Grade
I hate when coaches fiddle with a team’s spine during the match. Fullback, half and 5/8 needs to remain untouched.

That type of dumb got Rick Stone sacked.

Like everyone else I think that bench is going to struggle big time, but who knows, brownie might look like a genius come 8pm friday.

Burwood

Bench
If that’s the case then Brown needs to pick Lamb at #6 and let him play the entire match. You’d think a utility player (i.e Watson) would be the natural choice to cover 1-9 on the bench, not a player like Lamb who can only play in the halves.

I also think it hurts that our two centres can only really cover their own position in the backline. If 1,2 or 5 go down injured, you can’t really shift Sione or Moga to cover them.

Lol I think it all boils down to me not liking Griffin. I see him as nothing more than a solid part timer who is able to take the sting out of the opposition’s attack in the opening stanza of the game. Hopefully he proves me wrong like Ross and Fitzgibbon have recently.

Old dog

Juniors
If that’s the case then Brown needs to pick Lamb at #6 and let him play the entire match. You’d think a utility player (i.e Watson) would be the natural choice to cover 1-9 on the bench, not a player like Lamb who can only play in the halves.

I also think it hurts that our two centres can only really cover their own position in the backline. If 1,2 or 5 go down injured, you can’t really shift Sione or Moga to cover them.

Lol I think it all boils down to me not liking Griffin. I see him as nothing more than a solid part timer who is able to take the sting out of the opposition’s attack in the opening stanza of the game. Hopefully he proves me wrong like Ross and Fitzgibbon have recently.
Doesn't matter, Lamb or Watson, bench or 5/8 is the same,mWatson covers everything 1-5 & 9 Lamb covers 6-7 other 3 bench cover 8-13 minus 9

Knight Vision

First Grade
That bench is terrible- not the quality of the players, but the general make up of it.

And the reasoning behind Lamb’s selection is to cover a possible injury? What happens if there are no injuries? It means that he either sits on the bench for 80 minutes, or part of Brown’s game plan is for him to come on at 5/8 and Watson either gets a rest or covers hooker.

I hope it’s not the latter- I hate when coaches fiddle with a team’s spine during the match. Fullback, half and 5/8 needs to remain untouched.

Could not agree more with this.

It'll be interesting to see how Brown uses the interchange. Nowhere near the grunt we need on that bench.

slotmachine

First Grade
Buhrer spells Barnett and fitz, Dan and heighno the props

Lamb gets 15 minutes at 5/8, Watson to hooker when Griffin has a rest.

Noname36

First Grade
That’s a terrible bench. Seems like Brown is trying to accommodate Lamb and Burher even if it means weakening the whole squad.

So where does Lamb play? Is Brown planning on giving Watson time at hooker to relieve Griffin? That will just completely stuff around the entire flow of the team (when we’re already trying to build combinations) and also Levi is a better hooker than Watson, Burher and IMO Griffin too so it really boggles the mind that he’s left out. You really don’t need to carry an extra half just for injury cover. There are plenty of ways we could cover and adding Lamb to the mix just makes the squad even smaller when size was clearly an issue against the Eels.

I’m usually right on board with Brown’s decisions but this one I just can’t get my head around. If Lamb isn’t the best choice half then he shouldn’t be in the squad - trying to include him from the bench just weakens the entire side.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Levi is shit. Buhrer should be our permanent hooker. Run 4 forwards off the bench. Release lamb to negotiate with other clubs.