What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Panthers @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 10: Knights v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Somehow our props are getting worse and worse. Our outside backs and back row could get the job done if the middles and halves weren't the worst in the comp. f**king frustrating game, that one.

Noname36

First Grade
Does anyone else think it’s a coincidence that Gus was out in the media all week spraying the refs and then that happened? Yeah me neither...

They were offside literally all night then kept giving away penalty after penalty on their line and nobody was binned...you can bet your arse one of our blokes would have been sent 2 penalties earlier had have the shoe been on the other foot.

Our props are horrendous and we need some badly but it doesn’t make the job any easier when the opposition are offside all f**king night.

Swarzey

Bench
Same problem as last week; young players who don't know enough. The majority of our pack is still in their early 20's and lack the size. I think we over-relied on Pearce being fit in the off-season, Lamb and Watson didn't seem tight. Some shit calls against us, felt like the refs did everything to not give us a fair go for 10-15 minutes in the second half.

Forgettable night. Glass half full, we're 5-5 and in a better position than we thought we were going to be during preseason. When things clicked, we looked good; Ramien and possibly Glasby and Wallace will do a lot for us.

Burwood

Bench
Saifiti came on and his first two or three tackles were dominant and it looked like he was fired up and it was going to be a strong game from him- then it just turns into him getting rolled onto his back every tackle and playing at half pace.

Anyone else notice in the first half when we got a penalty 12 metres out, we go for the quick tap, but the ref stops us because he said it was inside the 10m? It's little moments like that and the ref ignoring blatant offsides that really hurt- you just know it wouldn't happen to opposition teams against us.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I know we can’t always go to Ponga but during that extended period on their line we didn’t go to him much.
Also, I very pissed that we lost by 11 points when all we needed was a good pass from Watson to Lamb on that break and the 12 point turnaround :tired_face:

perverse

Referee
Same problem as last week; young players who don't know enough. The majority of our pack is still in their early 20's and lack the size. I think we over-relied on Pearce being fit in the off-season, Lamb and Watson didn't seem tight. Some shit calls against us, felt like the refs did everything to not give us a fair go for 10-15 minutes in the second half.

Forgettable night. Glass half full, we're 5-5 and in a better position than we thought we were going to be during preseason. When things clicked, we looked good; Ramien and possibly Glasby and Wallace will do a lot for us.
Has piss all to do with not knowing enough. These kids have been playing first grade for years. They flat out are not good enough and/or not having a go. The Saifitis are f**king embarrassing at the moment, and clearly not in good shape physically (and never really have been). You can count Lambs good games for the club on one hand, and they all came in a single patch of form. Watson has a lot to like about his game, but completely shat the bed tonight and was a derpfest.

perverse

Referee
I know we can’t always go to Ponga but during that extended period on their line we didn’t go to him much.
Also, I very pissed that we lost by 11 points when all we needed was a good pass from Watson to Lamb on that break and the 12 point turnaround :tired_face:
It would not have been justice if we had won. Despite the shit refereeing, we flat out did not deserve to win tonight. I would have been more angry if we had won, tbh... because it would have just re-enforced the shit behaviour in the minds of those not putting in the effort at the moment.

Noname36

First Grade
I’d be investing all our money on the front row.

Our outside backs aren’t brilliant but they’re solid enough to get the job done when they’re given a tiny bit of space. We could throw money at another class outside back but they’re not going to be able to do anything without any space.

perverse

Referee
I’d be investing all our money on the front row.

Our outside backs aren’t brilliant but they’re solid enough to get the job done when they’re given a tiny bit of space. We could throw money at another class outside back but they’re not going to be able to do anything without any space.
Absolutely, I don't think there's been any moment this year where we've struggled to score points when given half a sniff. It's getting those sniffs that proves to be difficult, and the middles are the ones supposed to be getting us there.

Noname36

First Grade
Absolutely, I don't think there's been any moment this year where we've struggled to score points when given half a sniff. It's getting those sniffs that proves to be difficult, and the middles are the ones supposed to be getting us there.

Exactly. Scoring points isn’t the problem which tells me the spine is good (with Pearce obviously) and the outside backs are fine/adequate.

We’re just always on the back foot though. Have we won a possession count this year? It wouldn’t surprise me if we hadn’t.

It’s not just the talent, it’s the size. They look like f**king babies. The only ones with size are the twins and they have sadly declined which is a shame because they were looking so promising last year.

perverse

Referee
Exactly. Scoring points isn’t the problem which tells me the spine is good (with Pearce obviously) and the outside backs are fine/adequate.

We’re just always on the back foot though. Have we won a possession count this year? It wouldn’t surprise me if we hadn’t.
I was going to ask that question last week, actually. I don't think we have. I doubt we've won any forward-related stat this year. In fact, I'd go as far to say that I'd be surprised if we're anything but dead last for ANY forward related stat.

Noname36

First Grade
Barnett has declined too.

Thank f**k for Fitzy. Would have to be one of the form backrowers in the comp right now. He’ll play origin in the next year or two.

Noname36

First Grade
We averaging 17 points a season this year, exactly the same as last year.
Take Ponga out and rofl.

That would be much higher if we actually had equal possession and field position from the forwards. Whenever we get a sniff we score. We just don’t give ourselves enough sniffs.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Our middle is shit and noticeable. But if we tried and/or were allowed to stand 2m offside do you think that would have made a noticeable difference?

I think it would make our middle issue less bad

Latest posts