What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Panthers @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 10: Knights v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K-Man

Bench
I guess can someone just fill me in on what I should be looking out for with King? I haven't seen much of anything from him to warrant any sort of optimism is all. Should I be judging based on his workload? His impact? The 1%ers? What does he do well that has people liking him, because I haven't seen it?

The only feature of his game that I've noticed is that he's completely unnoticeable most of the time he's on the field, but maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

While I can't say I've ever paid extra close attention to him, I recall him being the type of prop that makes the most out of his runs. He's got the size and he doesn't get dominated on impact like a Yates. With zero stats to back this up, I'd hazard a guess his post contact metres are decent. Defensively I think he's quite solid, but we'll know more after Friday.

I'm hoping King will bring a bit more punch in the opening 20 minutes than Lillyman, who I feel is starting to show his age.

Old dog

Juniors
I quite like his play, not a world beater more a handy fill in due to injury etc, his big claim to fame seems to be his big hit on Korbun Sims last season, sat him on his butt since then many have liked him but has just about been a no show since, regular 18th man.

Noname36

First Grade
his big claim to fame seems to be his big hit on Korbun Sims last season, sat him on his butt since then many have liked him but has just about been a no show since, regular 18th man.

I have to admit that hit on Korbin gave him a lot of leverage with me haha.

I don’t think King is a world beater either, although I’m happy for him to have a run over Lillyman who hasn’t been setting the world on fire either.

Noname36

First Grade
Brown doesn’t have balls.
If he had balls he would’ve dropped Sione a long time ago.
Buhrer hasnt been bad and set up our winning try a couples week ago.
Buhrer over Sione in the centres solves a lot of our defensive issues.
Buhrer is a footballer just a dumb decision.

Honest question Woosh, who do you hate more? Brown or Sione?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I guess can someone just fill me in on what I should be looking out for with King? I haven't seen much of anything from him to warrant any sort of optimism is all. Should I be judging based on his workload? His impact? The 1%ers? What does he do well that has people liking him, because I haven't seen it?

The only feature of his game that I've noticed is that he's completely unnoticeable most of the time he's on the field, but maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

From what I have seen in first grade is that King doesn't have a high involvement. When he gets the ball he makes decent metres and doesn't get dominated in the play the ball. He hit's hard in defense and stops the opposition getting a roll on. I guess his biggest strength is being able to win the ruck.

I haven't seen a great deal of him, but I think there is potential there. The fact he goes from reserve grade to starting prop gives an indication that the coach believes that he can match it with the big boys.

Frederick

Staff member
King has been improving over the years. When he first came into first grade his hands were so bad I thought he must've been a long lost Burgess brother. Last year his handling had improved out of sight. He also showed signs of ball playing ability and plenty of strength on both sides of the ball. I'm pretty keen to see if he's progressed even further since then

Old dog

Juniors
Set up two is a bit of a stretch
Gave the final pass is a better description for those two, scored a try beating Inglis, ran a lot of metres with intercept, who said he wasn't fast enough left a few quick centres/wingers in his wake and flattened one of the Burgess boys in a good tackle with a bit of help, not a bad day in the office.
Facts, Details, Credit, he ain't perfect but he is what we got

Noname36

First Grade
Interesting that a lot of Penrith fans think they should flog us tonight - some by 40+ points.

I know when we lose we lose comfortably but that’s very confident. It must be nice to support a team where you expect them to smash the opposition. While I don’t doubt we have the attack to put a lot of points on it’s the holding possession and keeping the opposition out that always terrifies me.

superpanther

Juniors
Interesting that a lot of Penrith fans think they should flog us tonight - some by 40+ points.

I know when we lose we lose comfortably but that’s very confident. It must be nice to support a team where you expect them to smash the opposition. While I don’t doubt we have the attack to put a lot of points on it’s the holding possession and keeping the opposition out that always terrifies me.

TBH it wouldn't surprise me if you guys actually won, You guys have played some great games this year!!!!

Joel-22

Juniors

When was the last time we really put a side to the sword. Every game we have won since Brown has been coach has been very close

K-Man

Bench
I've come up from home in Melbourne and going to the game, so really hope we put in a good performance.

I'll be keeping close eye on our kicking game / end of sets, as I feel this is an area we need to improve massively. Far too often the way we finish a set actually hands momentum to the opposition, when it should be the other way around.

Watching the Tigers last night, they won that game in part thanks to how often they came up with a result from a kick, while the Cowboys (apart from the try before half time) were woeful in this regard. I would love Brock to have a big game in the 7.

Also hopeful of an improved effort from our forwards. We really need to not get dominated for once, because that is where the Panthers will try to blow us away.

Burwood

Bench
When was the last time we really put a side to the sword. Every game we have won since Brown has been coach has been very close

I think we beat Canberra by 12-14 points early last year, but that was only after we scored a try late in the match to seal the win. I miss the days of putting 40 on sides. :(

Burns

First Grade
Cold snap always going to effect numbers. Our games so far have been against the big drawing teams. Average form too I suppose

Latest posts