What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Raiders @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 10: Knights v Raiders

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 10
Newcastle Knights v Canberra Raiders
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Sunday 14 May 2017

Gates 11:30am / NYC 11:45am / NRL 2pm

NEW-17teamlist.jpg

1. Brendan Elliott 2. Ken Sio 3. Dane Gagai 4. Peter Mata'utia 5. Nathan Ross 6. Brock Lamb 7. Jaelen Feeney 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Danny Levi 10. Josh Starling 11. Sione Mata'utia 12. Sam Stone 13. Luke Yates
Interchange: 14. Anthony Tupou 15. Joe Wardle 16. Jack Stockwell 17. Jacob Saifiti 18. Trent Hodkinson 19. Tyler Randell 20. Josh King 21. Lachlan Fitzgibbon

CAN-17teamlist.jpg

1. Jack Wighton 2. Nick Cotric 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Blake Austin 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Junior Paulo 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Shannon Boyd 11. Iosia Soliola 12. Elliot Whitehead 13. Luke Bateman
Interchange: 14. Adam Clydsdale 15. Dunamis Lui 16. Clay Priest 17. Joseph Tapine 18. Scott Sorensen 19. Jordan Turner 20. Dave Taylor 21. Zac Santo

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Yellow.jpg

Referees: Gavin Badger, Peter Gough
Sideline Officials: Dave Ryan, Adam Reid
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Jared Maxwell

NYC - Sun 11:45am at McDonald Jones (FOX)

ISP NSW - Newcastle v Mounties, Sat 3pm (TBC)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Apey

Staff member
Oh right this thing is still on. Almost forgot over the weekend and it was bliss.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Being back at home this week will help but we won't win.

This has a "Sizzling Raiders overcome brave Knights" headline written all over it.

Haffa

Fine upstanding gentlemen from Newcastle 55 - Inbreds from the most boring place in Australia 0.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Hodkinson and Randell named on an extended bench.

Unless feeney has a niggle I dare say hokko will play halfback, no other reason to name him on the extended bench.

Then either feeney will drop back to reserves and Randell comes onto the bench, or feeney goes onto the bench.

Levi can't play 80 and needs coverage, Randell is our best option off the bench IMO.

Just my 2 cents.

slotmachine

First Grade
Nah makes too much sense. Brownie will have Feeney to hooker and sione in the halves like last two games. Worked awesome.

Joel-22

Juniors
I don't understand how Pauli isn't in the side yet.

He was strong in limited time in the city v country game which was a much higher standard than regular NRL.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Hodkinson and Randell named on an extended bench.

Unless feeney has a niggle I dare say hokko will play halfback, no other reason to name him on the extended bench.

Then either feeney will drop back to reserves and Randell comes onto the bench, or feeney goes onto the bench.

Levi can't play 80 and needs coverage, Randell is our best option off the bench IMO.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeh, I reckon Brown is just keeping to options open...

It will either be 7 - Feeney & Bench - Randell or 7 - Hog & Bench - Randell/Feeney. (Randel at Halfback might be a long shot too)

I dont see Levi playing 80min and im guessing Brown just hasnt settled on the rotation yet...

I'd rather have Randell off the bench instead of Hodko.
Levi does need a break. He tends to drop off if out there all game. Randell has worked well with our forwards in the past and they seem to get organised behind him.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I don't like this shit Brown is back doing experimenting with players out of position.

Pick them in their position and stick. If Levi needs a replacement put Randell on the bench.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I don't like this shit Brown is back doing experimenting with players out of position.

Pick them in their position and stick. If Levi needs a replacement put Randell on the bench.

TBF, the only guy Brown is playing around with is Feeney and he doesnt really have a pre-set position anyway.

Brown might see some potential in him and want to give him a decent go at utility...

(But TBF the other way, playing Sione at 7 was a weird move)

Yosh

Coach

Why? Because we're winning all our games and found the magical combination already? We suck and we need to experiment to see what works.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Why? Because we're winning all our games and found the magical combination already? We suck and we need to experiment to see what works.

By trying the same experiment that hasnt worked 2 games in a row? No thanks.