What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Panthers @ Panthers Stadium

Who will win? Round 11: Panthers v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldPanther

Coach
I'm happy Mahe Fonua isn't playing. Bloke is a gun. Figure people could get to training for the money they make.

Vic Mackey

Referee
What a way to celebrate your breakthrough performance at your new club, show up late to the next training session and get dropped LOL f**k me dead these guys are brain dead

super_coach

First Grade
What a way to celebrate your breakthrough performance at your new club, show up late to the next training session and get dropped LOL f**k me dead these guys are brain dead

All those yards he ran, he was stuffed and slept through the alarm or maybe a big night on the slops celebrating. In a way I am pleased, I am not sure he could have gone back to back without a massive error or two. Now he will be nice and fresh for the Dogs

Clifferd

Coach
Sydney traffic lol?

Either way, he probsbly could be the difference in us winning or losing this match. Guess we’ll never know

Das Hassler

Bench
Sydney traffic lol?

Either way, he probsbly could be the difference in us winning or losing this match. Guess we’ll never know

Same question if he had of stayed in...as Ivan said...with Fanua both coaches hold their breath. But..when he's good he's great and hope it becomes the norm for him

Tiger Ted

Bench
Y the fk wouldn’t u just fine him.He is indispensable to us as he’s the most destructive outside back we have in quite an ordinary 3/4 line.Apart from Marsters & Fonua geez we r thin re decent attacking 3/4’s.

Tiger05

First Grade
Y the fk wouldn’t u just fine him.He is indispensable to us as he’s the most destructive outside back we have in quite an ordinary 3/4 line.Apart from Marsters & Fonua geez we r thin re decent attacking 3/4’s.

Marsters and Fonua are our attacking strength. I even think our defence looked better with Fonua whacking them.

Nofo can score a try and gets great hit-ups but he hasn't been consistently good. Thompson is great but based on a money ball roster. We need Masters and Fonua killing it.

Anyway - hopefully we don't end up with another Suli.

Last edited:
Obviously Fonua missed the bus this week and has to pay the penalty,l just hope it’s a one off and that he is not a repeat offender like Suli was.

Well, he and every other players know the rules of the bus and know they can’t do wrong by the bus driver.

Pressure is now on the 2, 3, 4 & 5 to be on their game this weekend with only the goal kicker a bit safer than the others.

Clifferd

Coach
I don't think Kev has done anything wrong to get dropped. But we will need to find a spot for Fonua if can maintain his form.

Was said Kev was dropped to attend a family members funeral, but when Fonuas back I can only find a spot for him on the wing

Das Hassler

Bench
It's a long increasingly hard season. ...as Mr. Ivan has pointed out the whole squad will be used...not just to cover for the injuries but tactically as well...he's willing to select for the opposition at hand. Keeps our guys on their toes on and off the field and keeps us a moving target for opposition coaches. I like that idea

Fonua was named in the centres in reserves, that indicates to me that that is where IC wants him to play.

I think he's too small (short) for 1st grade wing with just about every half & 5/8 having a superb cross field kick to their wingers in try scoring situations (exceptions being Brooks & Marshall haha). But then I'd have Kev outside him and he isn't towering over 6 feet is he?

Latest posts