What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Bulldogs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 12: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
Would love Rochow to get dropped down to nsw cup for a week. He started the year well but has been ordinary the last 5/6 weeks. No reason he can’t get back to early season form but until he can prove that give someone else a crack

Clifferd

Coach
This whole missed tackle stat thing seems bullsht to me

Penrith and Wests Tigers lead the NRL in missed tackles yet are the 2nd and 3rd best defensive teams in the comp and are in the top 8

It’s more so Rochow offers nothing in attack apart from being a tackling bag for the opposition

super_coach

First Grade
I think the Dogs forward pack will march straight up the middle and they will be on the front foot all game. The only pack we have contained in the past month or so is the Cowboys and they are playing busted. I actually think the Dogs could rack up a number.

Could be wrong of course, but I just think as usual the grind has hit and we just dont have the cattle needed to jag enough wins during our notorious mid season blues

Clifferd

Coach
Klemmer is the only forward worth worrying about in that dogs pack. He is killing it. The other 2 so called SOO forwards are plodding it this year hard

I think with the addition of Fonua (hopefully) and Aloiai we should be able to punch holes through the defense a lot easier than last week. The fact we held a red hot Panthers side last week tryless in the 2nd half is encouraging for our defense

I reckon it’ll either be a close game with either side winning or we’ll blow them off the park. Can’t see Bulldogs putting a number on us at all

super_coach

First Grade
Team to be posted any minute, but I hear Tui is back at one and Reynolds on the bench and no Rockow..also still no Josh A

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Interesting...

Wests Tigers: 1 Tuimoala Lolohea, 2 David Nofoaluma, 3 Esan Marsters, 4 Mahe Fonua, 5 Corey Thompson, 6 Benji Marshall, 7 Luke Brooks, 8 Russell Packer, 9 Jacob Liddle, 10 Ben Matulino, 11 Chris Lawrence (c), 12 Michael Chee-Kam, 13 Elijah Taylor

Interchange: 14 Alex Twal, 15 Josh Reynolds, 16 Matthew Eisenhuth, 17 Sauaso Sue

Reserves: 18 Josh Aloiai, 19 Chris McQueen, 20 Tim Grant, 21 Kevin Naiqama

Coach Ivan Cleary has recalled fullback Tui Lolohea and centre Mahe Fonua, with Corey Thompson moving to wing in place of Malakai Watene-Zelezniak and Michael Chee-Kam moving to starting second row with Robbie Rochow out of the 21. Josh Reynolds comes back from a fractured scapula on the bench in place of Chris McQueen. Jacob Liddle starts at hooker with Elijah Taylor moving to lock and Matt Eisenhuth to the bench.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I like it, would be tempted to give Nofa a spell in reserves as well but there isn't really anyone else to replace him unless Kev is fit.

Hoping the forward pack clicks and creates some space and opportunities

Tiger Ted

Bench
I like it, would be tempted to give Nofa a spell in reserves as well but there isn't really anyone else to replace him unless Kev is fit.

Hoping the forward pack clicks and creates some space and opportunities
Agree.Nofa is totally useless & our obvious liability in the 3/4’s.We really need to sign a decent outside back by June 30.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Next five weeks will determine our season, we play three teams below us, Rooster next week missing their origin players (I think) and the sharks.

Need to win at least 3 but more likely 4 or 5 if we want to sneak into the 8 by years end.

Das Hassler

Bench
That backline is easy to like...tui would know very well it's probably his last chance to seize that no. 1 before they go shopping

Clifferd

Coach
Next five weeks will determine our season, we play three teams below us, Rooster next week missing their origin players (I think) and the sharks.

Need to win at least 3 but more likely 4 or 5 if we want to sneak into the 8 by years end.

Roosters will be missing Cordner, Tedesco, Napa and maybe Fergo and Keary. If we don’t beat them we’re a joke

Followed by Sharks, Raiders and Titans. Which are all played in Sydney with 7 day turn arounds

If we are fair dinkum I think we win all those games except maybe drop the Sharks game. But I stll give us a fair shot in that aswell

Anyway one game at a time

Tiger05

First Grade
Stoked with that team. The backline looks a lot better. Things that I'm interested in seeing:-

1. How Liddle and whoever goes at hooker. It's been our weakest link all season.
2. How the backrow goes. Lawrence is killing it. MCK has been great but hasn't played big minutes. ET hasn't been good but he has been moved around. If that backrow works it will be really good for us.
3. How Benji and Reynolds perform. Benji must be close to getting dropped and Reynolds in minimal minutes has been crap.
4. Can Tui perform at the back.

We have some strikepower now though. Our two centres can bust the line. The two wingers to me are good enough to create and finish whatever comes their way. Our prop depth is really good. I'd love to see Aloiai break into the team as well.

Last edited:
Excited to see this team. With fonua back we should see an increase in tempo and enthusiasm. Like the pack and good to see liddle start and hopefully play big minutes. With talk around going after mbye tui should really fire up.

I'd really love to see Sharon get absolutely belted but that's secondary to a win.

Tigers by 14

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Roosters will be missing Cordner, Tedesco, Napa and maybe Fergo and Keary. If we don’t beat them we’re a joke

Followed by Sharks, Raiders and Titans. Which are all played in Sydney with 7 day turn arounds

If we are fair dinkum I think we win all those games except maybe drop the Sharks game. But I stll give us a fair shot in that aswell

Anyway one game at a time

Don't think the Chooks will be missing that many, but agree on sentiment, we have to win this week and next.

As for this week's team, I like it!

Latest posts