What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Bulldogs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 12: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger Ted

Bench
The 2 glaring weaknesses in this team r Benji & Nofa.

Assuming Reynolds stays healthy & isn’t as much a liability as Benji (it’s inconceivable) then we’d b 2 changes away from the best 17 we could field:Aloiai on bench for Marshall(Reynolds slots in at 5/8) & Kev for Nofa.

We should beat the dogs by 19+ & MOM will b Brooks who will as a result provide Freddy Fittler food for thought b4 origin side is announced on Monday.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I’m liking the changes...

They have lost 4 out of 5 so a shake up is needed...

The Dogs will be no easy beats as well- they have been going ok lately..

Vic Mackey

Referee
The 2 glaring weaknesses in this team r Benji & Nofa.

Assuming Reynolds stays healthy & isn’t as much a liability as Benji (it’s inconceivable) then we’d b 2 changes away from the best 17 we could field:Aloiai on bench for Marshall(Reynolds slots in at 5/8) & Kev for Nofa.

We should beat the dogs by 19+ & MOM will b Brooks who will as a result provide Freddy Fittler food for thought b4 origin side is announced on Monday.

If Grub gets through this week I’d like to see him come into the 6 next week and Benji back to the bench.

Aloiai in for Sue for mine. Maybe even starting with MCK back on the bench

Also agree with Kev for Nofa. Kev always killed it on the wing for us, really only got moved to center cause no one else could play there

Clifferd

Coach
Sue will be rested I think. He did suffer a pretty bad concussion

That means Aloiai will probs come in

I'm confident we'll do a number on them. Just need Tui to show up and deliver on his promise.

Reynolds just has to play measured when he gets injected in the halves for him to have the wood over Marshall. Don't need him to have an explosive game, just controlled and get through it unscathed. I think Brooks can do the job.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
If Grub gets through this week I’d like to see him come into the 6 next week and Benji back to the bench.

Aloiai in for Sue for mine. Maybe even starting with MCK back on the bench

Also agree with Kev for Nofa. Kev always killed it on the wing for us, really only got moved to center cause no one else could play there

I still suffer night terrors dreaming about Kev trying to catch bombs.

Sue plays hard but he cops a lot of head knocks,hopefully he can overcome this problem and it doesn’t shorten his football career.

Vozzy

Juniors
I feel like Lolahea was a bit hard done by in getting dropped. He played in the roosters, storm and eels games in which we won would have liked to seem him stay there until he was involved in a loss.

Actually he was named in the Melbourne game but was dropped before the game. But he played against parra and nailed 4 goals from the sideline and I thought this is what we are looking for in a goal kicker it was a sign of confidence in him that he hasn't shown since he first started out.

Tiger05

First Grade
I like Tui but I think Thompson is better at fullback. Thompson has been really good. The problem is that he is really safe and not a big attacking threat.

I think bringing Tui in is more about having our best backline players in the team. MWZ and Kev to me shouldn't make our top team based on the talent that we have.

I really want to see us recruit some quality outside backs though and I think we could get a winger or a fullback and maybe even a centre because we could move Marsters to the backrow.

I don't see this game as make or break for Chee-Kam because he has been consistently one of our better players. I'd love to see him though become an 80 minute edge backrower. If he can play as well as he has for us for 80 minutes he will be a real good player.

Clifferd

Coach
In terms of MCK cementing a starting spot it is. Let’s face it he’s usually always either on the bench or a makeshift centre. He’s never really consistently been in the starting team week in week out

Tiger Ted

Bench
I like Tui but I think Thompson is better at fullback. Thompson has been really good. The problem is that he is really safe and not a big attacking threat.

I think bringing Tui in is more about having our best backline players in the team. MWZ and Kev to me shouldn't make our top team based on the talent that we have.

I really want to see us recruit some quality outside backs though and I think we could get a winger or a fullback and maybe even a centre because we could move Marsters to the backrow.

I don't see this game as make or break for Chee-Kam because he has been consistently one of our better players. I'd love to see him though become an 80 minute edge backrower. If he can play as well as he has for us for 80 minutes he will be a real good player.
Agree with u about Chee-kam & Thompson who in addition to being our best fullback also happens to b our best winger.The fact Tui is in the team is a reflection of our lack of depth in the backline.If we had a quality backline Tui would never get a lookin in our NRL team.Hes overweight, slow has a shit attitude & is challenged re the smarts.

Geez I hope Fonua can consistently replicate his outstanding performance @ the 8th wonder 2 wks ago coz we can’t afford to carry another liability in the 3/4’s.Its bad enough that we have 1 glaring weak link in the imbecile Nofa who I’m surprised has escaped the axe this week.Personally I believe Kev should b in team in place of Nofa.

Clifferd

Coach
Not wrong. But we have been crying out for a decent left 2nd rower all year. I’m confident Aloiai can fill MCK’s impact role off the bench

Tiger05

First Grade
Not wrong. But we have been crying out for a decent left 2nd rower all year. I’m confident Aloiai can fill MCK’s impact role off the bench

I'm not convinced that Aloiai can handle an edge role consistently. I would though just play 3 middle forwards and play him there.

Latest posts