What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Storm @ AAMI Park

Who will win? Round 13: Storm v Knights

• Melbourne Storm 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melbourne Storm 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Still Nutty

Juniors
On Gagai, he seemed to have an alright game but his kick returns are absolutely woeful. Put us on the back foot repeatedly, lost ground constantly trying to go side ways only to be driven backwards. Say what you will about Elliot, the man hits the defensive line and immediately sinks to the field to avoid being driven backwards.

What he did in attack I'm sure he can still do at centre.

It's funny because what I did admire out of his work in Origin was the direct running he did on kick returns and out of their red zone...I know that is now a part of a winger's position description but there is no reason why he can't employ that direct approach from full back as well on kick returns...especially considering they need to get up he field (rather than backwards or sideways) as quickly as they can off each of the early plays to try and get reasonable field position.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Missed the game. How did Barnett go?

Had a real go and was aggressive particularly in defence. But hard to shine when your team is so badly outgunned as many above pointed out.

Would like to see how he goes in a game where we are more competitive but there were encouraging signs on Friday.

We did force them back at times. The ref got worried and called many early held.
It was their big guys that made metres carrying our defence until we had someone go around the legs. It's been that way for us for ages. Highlights where we need some big fwds.