What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Sharks @ Southern Cross Group Stadium

Who will win? Round 14: Sharks v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger Ted

Bench
You might be right re: Lichhaa, but remember that he has been playing a specific style under Hasler and now with everything that is going on at the dogs his confidence would be shot to pieces. Throw him a 1.5 year deal with Doggies chucking in a chunk of his salary. There is no way he can be worse than our current options at 9, plus he's a 80 min player. He will then be playing for a contract in 2019 which always fires a rocket up player's asses
There’s nothing wrong with his confidence.Hes just not as good as what some people think he is.The fact that Benji’s brother is ahead of him in pecking order at the dogs reflects how bad he’s going.Like super coach said we have to get away from short term fixes or bandaid solutions.

There’s nothing wrong with his confidence.Hes just not as good as what some people think he is.The fact that Benji’s brother is ahead of him in pecking order at the dogs reflects how bad he’s going.Like super coach said we have to get away from short term fixes or bandaid solutions.

Aren't some of us talking about resigning Farah? Band-aid solution if I've ever heard one...

super_coach

First Grade
Aren't some of us talking about resigning Farah? Band-aid solution if I've ever heard one...

So true, we have to get away from this short term fix mentality. We have enough harden experienced FG, but this club now has to target some real class or some out of the box kid being held back at a quality club.
It is obvious to blind Freddy we need strike power, we have enough so called cagey old timers. Dont get me wrong a bloke like Farah would do a job for us for 18 months, but its looking backwards and not forward.

Tiger Ted

Bench
So true, we have to get away from this short term fix mentality. We have enough harden experienced FG, but this club now has to target some real class or some out of the box kid being held back at a quality club.
It is obvious to blind Freddy we need strike power, we have enough so called cagey old timers. Dont get me wrong a bloke like Farah would do a job for us for 18 months, but its looking backwards and not forward.
Yep we r devoid of strike power & class & it’s where our recruiting needs to b focused on otherwise our season will continue to finish in late August.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I acknowledge the immense contribution Farah made to WT but I don’t want him back in a playing capacity.That door is hopefully firmly shut as will I expect any chance for Benji to play on with us beyond this season.

Re this clubs prospect of becoming a contender under Cleary’s tenure his primary target will be his son & I expect he will b moving heaven & earth to make it happen otherwise it’s very likely his coaching CV will b tarnished by the team it ceases @ Concord.

super_coach

First Grade
IMO even if we only jag about three more wins, its been a very good year. We now have to entice some quality to the club and that is easy said than done. Its nothing to do with money, its more about us not being an attractive destination for a lot of players

Tiger05

First Grade
IMO even if we only jag about three more wins, its been a very good year. We now have to entice some quality to the club and that is easy said than done. Its nothing to do with money, its more about us not being an attractive destination for a lot of players

I'm happy with this year already but I'd love to see us make the finals and see some players come on. I don't rate Reynolds at all but he was good last week and I'd love to see him turn into a quality player for us. If Brooks can continue his form and win us a few games that would also be great.

I'd love to see Aloiai find his role in the team as well. It'd be good to see some other players take a step up. The most important for us is probably Liddle. That would be gold.

If some of those things happen and we can jag another signing or a couple of signings we start to look good for the next couple of years.

Tigerm

First Grade
Trouble is, I don't see many superstars available or with there hand up to join us and if we don't fix it now, they might not ever come.

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench
Hence why we persevere with liddle. The kid is class. Fragile at the moment, but so was benchie at his age.

I think after the start to the year everyone forgot we are rebuilding. People here were calling a 0 -5 start! I am more than happy with how the season is going, considering how f**king diabolical we were under that f**king gimp Taylor. A call goes our way in a few games and we are in the top 4!

super_coach

First Grade
Surely a favourable refs decision must be coming our way soon,if only we were the broncos lol.

After watching last night it would seem that the under dogs are being bully bashed by the refs, so dont expect to get a 50/50 call. Both the Coast and the Raiders could not buy a call last night and we have seen the same thing in our matches this year. Its becoming a very hard product to watch

Das Hassler

Bench
After watching last night it would seem that the under dogs are being bully bashed by the refs, so dont expect to get a 50/50 call. Both the Coast and the Raiders could not buy a call last night and we have seen the same thing in our matches this year. Its becoming a very hard product to watch

The cart is well and trully ahead of the horse...the game has become what Rupert Murdoch knew it had to be to satisfy the needs of an increasingly low attention span audience....real contested scrums...technically correct knock on/ knockback calls etc ask too much of the softened reality tv viewer ... the refs are becoming dramatic directors of a live performance with a brief to keep it interesting above all else...they've become little Nero's giving the thumbs up..thumbs down ruling over the efforts of 34 players slogging their guts out for 80 minutes ( Broncos game a prime example)...the arbitrary use of the sin bin is nothing more than the entertainment value of someone getting voted off the island for 10 minutes to keep it interesting for the love island TV folk and the minority who are the real and knowledgable rugbyleague fans can just continue howling at the moon and eachother 'cause they dont bring the big bucks into the till

When fullbacks play as a second 5/8 these days it’s a wonder Gamble hasn’t been given a shot in fg as a fullback,we have had a lot worse fill in there in the past.

Besides Godinet on the bench, I actually like the starting side, changes tor today.

Reynolds to start, no Benji.
Naiqama in for MWZ
Grant to start up front - Matauline to bench,
Aloiai to start

1. Tuimoala Lolohea
21. Kevin Naiqama
3. Esan Marsters
4. Mahe Fonua
5. Corey Thompson
15. Josh Reynolds (capt.)
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer