What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Sharks @ Southern Cross Group Stadium

Who will win? Round 15: Sharks v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shredder

Juniors
More signings?
How many more do you want?
Hes offed the losers and brought on solid - its a good start.

We cant turn this around in one season guys.

Tiger05

First Grade
More signings?
How many more do you want?
Hes offed the losers and brought on solid - its a good start.

We cant turn this around in one season guys.

I'm not expecting it to be turned around in a season. Even if we have another rebuild next season I'll still support the Tigers.

I still though think we can sign some more players. I reckon we have heaps in our cap. I'm happy to leave those funds there to purchase players in the future but I reckon we will jag another signing or two prior to the start of next season.

Shredder

Juniors
I reckon we have a stack of cash left as well - but its roster spots that are now dwindling.
With Mc signing on today and expecting Eisenmuth to be added to the top 30, that leaves 3 spots left by my sums. But the problem is that their isnt any quality left off contract (obviously).

And anyone that thinks clubs are going to let go of good players because they has over planned for the cap is kidding themselves.

Tiger05

First Grade
Shredder - I think you are partially right. I reckon some clubs may get into trouble. They might struggle putting together a 30 man squad and if they have injuries they will then have problems.

Shredder

Juniors
Oh clubs are going to get in trouble.
There are a couple already mentioned. And I think the recent Manly moves have been them being proactive.

BUT - and this is a big but, if clubs are say $700,000 over the cap they wont be moving on a star. They will be trying to move on depth. But if they move on depth, thats two players, not one. But they still need to make the top squad 30 players.

Its a logistical nightmare.

And honestly, I reckon the big clubs are just going to pay the fine. If I were a wealthy club I would send the NRL a big FU by telling them they are $x over the cap and copping the fine. Clubs are fined for being over the cap every year.

The concept that stars are going to shopped around because of this is a furphy.

Tiger05

First Grade
I agree with you on that point Shredder. There is no way for instance the Broncos are going to state well this is easily solved we'll just let Milford go or the Cowboys will state let's give Taumalolo to the Tigers.

I think though keeping some money in the kitty makes sense. One of the rugby teams will fold and there will be some players available or someone will come on the market next year or the year after. We just need a solid squad and room to move so that we can improve the team over time.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Rugby and quality? Not sure about that one. Notorious plodder Etoate Nabuli (former Dragons winger) just made their premier team...

Tiger05

First Grade
Koro and Rona are both quality players. I'm sure there will be other players at that level. Anyway the point is that at some point there are going to be options to pick up some quality players from somewhere.

Latest posts