What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Titans @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 16: Wests Tigers v Titans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hopefully Aloiai and Lawrence back next week which means Bye bye Chee Kam and Lovett

Chee Kam really is average the more I see of him, depth player at best

Agree re MCK

I gave him the benefit of the doubt early in the season as I thought it was obvious he isn't a center. Now that he's had a decent run in the back row I think it's obvious he just isn't a first grader.

Depth player at absolute best.

It's a worry when we are pining for Lawrence and Aloiai to be back, as neither are exactly world beaters.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I've just looked at our draw. We've lost 7 straight and I reckon we'll lose the next 7 too. Unless we play against a team who has a massive injury crisis the only games I give us a chance in are our round 25 (cowboys at campbelltown) and round 26 (warriors at leichhardt)
Agree.

The truth is that only we deserve the spoon.It would b extremely unjust if the Knights were to get the spoon as they have performed so much better than us & there fans should look forward to another win next week at home.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Luke Brooks is literally abysmal. Granted out forward pack do him no favours, but hitting short balls to back rowers on the last? Save me...
Rowdy should count himself lucky that he didn't play last nite as he avoided getting smashed from receiving the customary braindead hospital passes from this pathetic protected species.

This club will regret the day they re-signed this useless gump.The only occasion recently that Isaac the swindler moses was willing to do business with us was on behalf of Brooks re-signing & only because no other NRL club wanted a bar of this glorified park footballer !!

Tiger Ted

Bench
Agree re MCK

I gave him the benefit of the doubt early in the season as I thought it was obvious he isn't a center. Now that he's had a decent run in the back row I think it's obvious he just isn't a first grader.

Depth player at absolute best.

It's a worry when we are pining for Lawrence and Aloiai to be back, as neither are exactly world beaters.
The fact is it's not as simple as thinking or expecting due to our recruiting that we will b ultra competitive next yr & b pushing for a finals spot.Theres huge question marks about depth we don't have theX factor & also very critically is a spine with Lolohea @ FB & Brooks trying to game manage is very problematic !

Also another excruciating issue is will Cleary b able to rectify our abominable edge defence !!

Tiger Ted

Bench
Could be wrong, but maybe he has no confidence on his short kicking game so he'd rather surrender a tackle than go for repeat set and end up a with a 7 tackle set

Either way I really hope he practices his kicking game enormously
He has had 4 yrs to practice & exhibit the aptitude that he can improve & evolve into an NRL halfback. The evidence is overwhelming that he just can't cut it as a competent playmaker in the nrl.Even his dickhead player manager is aware of his abundant shortcomings otherwise he would've got a gig with a different employer in '18 !

I'm regrettably extremely confident that we will not make the 8 whilst ever Brooks is our primary game manager !

Trollhammaren

Juniors
So frustrating to watch. Lolohea is not a half. If he doesn't boot that kick into the grandstand the Tits probably don't score those two first tries.

How many times did we get tackled on the last about 20 metres out?

watching last night's game was like watching a bunch of seagulls fighting over a hot chip.

Organisation. none
working together as a team. none
effectiveness. none

Shit there is some work to be done over the off season.

If I was that far below the required performance standards at my job I'd be sacked. plain and simple. You have a bunch of blokes who won't be there next year, have no motivation, and are getting paid a very comfortable living no matter what. The one's who will be there are mostly not up to the job. Once we start playing some of the better teams after origin we are in for some massive hidings.

Tiger Ted

Bench
watching last night's game was like watching a bunch of seagulls fighting over a hot chip.

Organisation. none
working together as a team. none
effectiveness. none

Shit there is some work to be done over the off season.

If I was that far below the required performance standards at my job I'd be sacked. plain and simple. You have a bunch of blokes who won't be there next year, have no motivation, and are getting paid a very comfortable living no matter what. The one's who will be there are mostly not up to the job. Once we start playing some of the better teams after origin we are in for some massive hidings.
"The one's who will be there are mostly not up to the job" - this is a pertinent fact & a major concern going forward into '18.Our roster for '18 isn't as good as what many fans hope or think it is !!

Vozzy

Juniors
The redcliffe dolphins are coming 3rd in qld cup. Tyson Gamble is their best player. They would flog our reserve grade side. We really need someone putting pressure on Brooks. Littlejohn is so much worse then Brooks so we have no one to drop him like Bennet dropped ben hunt.

I know Brooks has it in him he used to carve sides up coming through the Juniors his kicking game and taking the line on were so good. I think the problem for players who jump from st ball straight to first grade is such a big ask for players. They get coached in a way that was nothing like how they were. So as soon as they have like 3 bad games confidence is shot. I wish he had 2 more years in the 20s coz don't think he was ready.

Moses and Brooks used to be fullback/half combo in 20s they were all over the park no stationed right and left. They were roving players. It's too structured for them now.

Clifferd

Coach
Gamble looks like someone who could perform better than Brooks imho

But we also thought the same about Littlejohn & Drinkwater

They're in reserve grade for a reason

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Luke Brooks is literally abysmal. Granted out forward pack do him no favours, but hitting short balls to back rowers on the last? Save me...
What other options did he have?

Neither centres ran as options, or ran at all. He either goes himself or short passes to the back rowers.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't accept much of the criticism of Brooks. As good as McIlwrick has been, neither he or Liddle can organise and direct the forwards. That is a big part of the problem right now.

Once the forwards are organised, structured and making metres will we be able to criticise Brooks for not performing.

This lack of direction does also fall back on the captain.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Leaving McIlwrick on the bench for 62 minutes is atrocious. The whole 2 hooker system is not working and there is an obvious deficiency when Liddle is on the field. He needs to go back to NSW Cup to spark form.

Our forwards are weak. Woods didn't threaten at all, Ava was rudderless after a few big runs, and the second row were nowhere to be seen. ET again was the standout performer and it is only a matter of time before he ups and leaves this club if nothing changes.

Naiqama had a nightmare at the back. Heleta should play FB next week if precious still has the ankle injury (didn't look too sore from him jumping over seats in the grandstand at fulltime). Or give Noffa a run at the back. Give Tui a trial run and play Benji's little brother at 5/8.

The most infuriating thing is that we start well, which gives us hope as fans. Then a bad call goes against us, or the opposition do something big, we tuck our tails between our legs and resign ourselves to defeat. The heads go down and the attitude sucks.

This is the worst I've seen this side play in the entire history of the merged entity. It's like the 98/99 years of the Magpies. I really fear that a wooden spoon is coming our way and maybe, just maybe, that's the catalyst to finally spark this f*cking club into becoming serious about onfield success. 3 finals appearances in 17 years is atrocious. Running 9th last year and missing the finals by a point, now turns into running stone cold last and having not much of a hope of bouncing off the canvas, and all we did was get rid of Farah for good.

But we also thought the same about Littlejohn & Drinkwater

They're in reserve grade for a reason
It reminds me of 2 guys who were expected to take over from Farah.
1. Pat Politoni went to the Sharks and played more reserves than 1st grade, went to the Titans and played 1st grade a few weeks back but otherwise, it's Qld Cup
2. Manaia Cherrington also went to the Sharks but has since been released to play for the Warriors.

Under other circumstances, perhaps with a more astute coach, that would be Cleary and current management team, the club could still have had Farah to lead these young guys like Suli & Brooks, around, save plenty of coin as well.

FMD it certainly is character building following this lot,mates of mine follow the Storm,each of them nearly cry when their team gets beat,usually i tell them that i feel their pain,knowing i am a WT fan they usually pull themselves together and stop behaving like bitches.At times i feel the NRL has a case to kick us out the comp for impersonating an NRL team which would probably be doing all our long time suffering supporters a favour.

glockers

Juniors
Part of me is thinking we should offer Benji 2 years at 400k. Bring the club legend home to provide actual leadership on the training paddock. Then have him as a bench utility and cover for Reynolds and Brooks. If we decide Brooks still isnt up to it behind our 2018 forward pack we shift to Benji mid year.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Benji as bench utility?

We need 4 players capable of playing Prop/Back Row every week on the bench...

Forget a midget like Benji, forget a back up hooker... We need 4 big men that can come on to make metres and aim up in defence because the other teams are monstering the Tigers every week..