What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Bulldogs @ Belmore Sports Ground

Who will win? Round 18: Bulldogs v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Radical Rat

Juniors
Geez I felt for you blokes yesterday. I know you don't want any pity, I'm a Tigers fan so I know all about failure, but yesterday was truly heart breaking.

I don't put any fault on Lamb. What the f**k was Hodko doing. Is there a reason he didn't take that kick other than he's a massive pussy? It was only on the 30 metre line. If he can't produce in those moments and is not even willing to try then why does he exist? He offers absolutely nothing except good goal kicking.

Spot On

Coach
Brown has made the point I think many have failed to highlight and that was Barnett's stupid effing penalty he gave away when taking out the dogs kicker (was Mbye?? Can't remember) when he kicked the ball 30m or so down field and Barnett's brain decides to put a hit on him for absolutely no reason. None. There was no threat posed by the kick that was made or the kicker chasing it. None. He needs an arse kicking over stupid shit like that. I mean, is he on the same page as everybody else??? Or just wants to make an already difficult situation even worse for his team by giving away 2 points when his fulback was comfortably covering the kick and almost returning it by the time he decides to carry on with that crap?????

I'd be more than happy for Barnett to get the rissole for a while. I'm really starting to hate watching him play. Always looks like he is struggling to keep up and get to ball carriers when needing to move laterally (and in general play really) a few metres and it shows in his technique and constant attempts to grab blokes up high for which he misses too many.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
At least it's better than last year where we weren't even in games ... if they improve this much again next year we will win a lot of games

I dunno... I want to be positive but a loss by 40 points is worth 0 points and a loss by 2 points is also worth 0 points. The team just doesn't know how to win... We need some experienced winners to take us to that next level. I'd be willing to sacrifice potential for experience for the next season or two till we get on our feet, Wests firmly in control and we're no longer the whipping boys of the comp.

Glendale

Juniors
Brown has made the point I think many have failed to highlight and that was Barnett's stupid effing penalty he gave away when taking out the dogs kicker (was Mbye?? Can't remember) when he kicked the ball 30m or so down field and Barnett's brain decides to put a hit on him for absolutely no reason. None. There was no threat posed by the kick that was made or the kicker chasing it. None. He needs an arse kicking over stupid shit like that. I mean, is he on the same page as everybody else??? Or just wants to make an already difficult situation even worse for his team by giving away 2 points when his fulback was comfortably covering the kick and almost returning it by the time he decides to carry on with that crap?????

I'd be more than happy for Barnett to get the rissole for a while. I'm really starting to hate watching him play. Always looks like he is struggling to keep up and get to ball carriers when needing to move laterally (and in general play really) a few metres and it shows in his technique and constant attempts to grab blokes up high for which he misses too many.

Barnett has been shit ever since signing the contract extension.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Barnett did some good stuff yesterday but needs to cut the crap out of his game. The penalty was stupid.

More worried about Browns fwd rotation. Why did Paea and Yates play so little minutes?

Old dog

Juniors
Am very concerned with our forward strength, at new low, injuries, possibly this week we will be missing or have them returning from, Starling, Pauli, Stockwell. Mataora is gone.
Props could be, Safaiti boys, Paea if fit, King or 2nd rowers playing prop.
Reserves have props but mainly young bench types, we even played an 18yr old,Saulo, very good player but very young, am now looking at Pat Mat or Amey as our back up

Old dog

Juniors
Either way is good, both Chanel and Elliot played very well last week, just put Gagai on wing and leave him for rest of season

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Is there any reason Trent was playing in Feaneys place?? There is no way that was a decision based on talent, surely. And why did trent not take that last kick?? Kicking is the only thing he is good for and apparently he isnt even good for that.

Sad one to lose, we were clearly the better team and the lads deserved a win. Oh well, there is always next week....

Spot On

Coach
I know it's a case of coulda,woulda, shoulda......

But we did more than enough to beat Manly, St George and Canterbury.in the past month.

Certainly feel sorry for this group.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
I know it's a case of coulda,woulda, shoulda......

But we did more than enough to beat Manly, St George and Canterbury.in the past month.

Certainly feel sorry for this group.

If we had a composed, game controlling half we would have picked up another 5 or so wins this season.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Mullen debuted at 18 in the horror that was early 2005. He and Joey only overlapped for the end of 2005 + 2006 in which he wasn't even in FG for most of that. Most of his early time in FG he was the senior half and playing in a similar quality of squad that Lamb is now.

I'm not completely writing Lamb off by any means but I am concerned about how limited his skill set is at the moment. Yes he's in a poor squad but he's had enough games for us to get a general feel for what he can and can't do. Quite a few times now he has actually had space but he's been tackled with the ball because he's been too slow. When you can't run and you also seem to struggle with your passing game it really does limit you as a half.

I'd prefer 2 Lambs than one Hodko (despite his good game today) but we're in serious trouble if we want to bank on him developing into a top line half IMO.

You have a go at Lamb's game but you make the same excuses for Sione!
Come on!