What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Bulldogs @ Belmore Sports Ground

Who will win? Round 18: Bulldogs v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Hodko went for that kick and missed we'd be screaming why Lamb didn't take it.
In the end it was more than that kick that lost us the game. We can't afford errors and dumb the way some other teams can.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
If Hodko went for that kick and missed we'd be screaming why Lamb didn't take it.
In the end it was more than that kick that lost us the game. We can't afford errors and dumb the way some other teams can.

If hokko took the kick and missed I don't think anyone would say that. Hokko is an excellent goal kicker so I don't think anyone would not want him kicking it.

Joel-22

Juniors
Team named:
1.Nathan Ross
2.Chanel Mata'utia
3.Dane Gagai
4.Pete Mata'utia
5.Brendan Elliot
6.Brock Lamb
7.Trent Hodkinson
8.Daniel Saifiti
9.Danny Levi
10.Josh King
11.Sione Mata'utia (c)
12.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
13.Mitchell Barnett

14.Jamie Buhrer (c)
15.Luke Yates
16.Joe Wardle
17.Jacob Saifiti

18.Sam Stone
19.Jacob Gagan
20.Tyler Randall
21.Micky Paea

Noname36

First Grade
You have a go at Lamb's game but you make the same excuses for Sione!
Come on!

What excuses have I made for Sione?

And where have I "had a go at Lamb"????? All I've said is that I'm concerned that we seem to be hanging our half hopes on him because at the moment his game seems very limited.

slotmachine

First Grade
Wardle in for Fitzgibbon please

Fitz has been probably the best second rower the last few weeks...

Wardle this far total flop imo. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt after no pre-season and long injury lay off but he's got a long way to go to be in the best 17 next year

mozza91

Coach
Calling him a flop is very harsh. He's been pretty good bar a total shocker against the Tigers. He deserves a shot in his preferred position.

Johns Magic

Referee
Fitz has been probably the best second rower the last few weeks...

Wardle this far total flop imo. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt after no pre-season and long injury lay off but he's got a long way to go to be in the best 17 next year

Happy to disagree on Wardle. Cruelled by having to play so much centre this year but he playe tough and gritty which never goes astray IMO. Would like to see more of him in the backrow before judging.

Old dog

Juniors
Trouble with Wardle in back row is who do we leave out, we have four in front, Siione ,Buhrer, Fitzy and Barnett.
Give him a game in reserves, 80mins backrow, let him show us and force his way in.
He was said to be a centre/backrower when he arrived

macavity

Referee
Don't rate Wardle

Or fizgibbon, king, Yates, Barnett, ...

We know we are a first grade side when those blokes are depth, not being named in the 17

For clarity, yes they are young and might come good, hope they do, never want to see anyone in red and blue not come good

Joel-22

Juniors
Don't rate Wardle

Or fizgibbon, king, Yates, Barnett, ...

We know we are a first grade side when those blokes are depth, not being named in the 17

For clarity, yes they are young and might come good, hope they do, never want to see anyone in red and blue not come good

Lol again I don't get the Barnett hate. There's no way he won't be in our top 17 next year.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Lol again I don't get the Barnett hate. There's no way he won't be in our top 17 next year.
Barnett was fantastic during the. Start of the season. He played tough and stood up to the opposition well. Since he's come back from injury he hasn't been the same player. Like you, I definitely think he'll be in the17 next season, if not the top 13.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Nathan Ross came out in media yesterday I think and said the team is mentally worn out from last three losses. The style of which they've lost has hurt them a lot.

I can totally get that, young team, primed to win against quality oposition 2/3 games and they lose painfully would be very testing. More so than the losing streak.

We're probably seeing that in some players like Barnett just taking frustration out at silly points of the game, something you wouldn't do if you were winning.

Really feel for this team. They turn up nearly every week and punch way above their weight and to get so close on multiple occasions... yet, weekly, this "reserve grade team" keeps turning up. I take my hat off too them to be honest and I hope they finish with a couple wins and some great signings for next year and West taking over financially... because they deserve it.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Really feel for this team. They turn up nearly every week and punch way above their weight and to get so close on multiple occasions... yet, weekly, this "reserve grade team" keeps turning up. I take my hat off too them to be honest and I hope they finish with a couple wins and some great signings for next year and West taking over financially... because they deserve it.

Very well said, I think the only games this year where our effort can be questioned are the game against the Tigers and that early game against Penrith where we just looked stunned from the opening exchanges and our resolve disappeared pretty quickly. Apart from that we've turned up every week and had a go, more so than a number of other teams in the comp imo. I would argue that we've had less "poor effort" games this year than Canberra, Penrith, Tigers, Souths, Titans, Bulldogs & Warriors yet these teams are at least at a level where they can get away with a "poor effort" game and still walk away with the 2 points, especially when playing another shit team.

The big problem right now is because of the personnel we have at the moment we can turn up with our best attitude on the day but still get beaten on talent alone by most other teams in the NRL. I'm not really expecting our results to improve much this year because we just don't have the cattle or the experience to make it work.

That being said hopefully with a few of these rumoured signings coming through and a few less injuries next year we'll start turning those brave losses into gritty wins. There's still a lot to be positive about for 2018.

Glendale

Juniors
Every other team has the ability to win games when they play like crap. For some teams up the top of the ladder turning up at 80% or even 50% is still good enough to get them home in some games. No team turns up 100% for every game and our problem of playing a full 80 minutes is not a problem unique to us, with many experienced and far more talented sides struggling with this.

For us to win a game we need the perfect performance, we need absolutely everything to go right for us because we don't have the talent to just score when we need to. If you look back to the two games we've won this year, we've had to complete at over 90%. In the Titans game, we had a completion rate of 95% but still the Titans were infront of us with 10 minutes to go. We completed at 100% in the second half of the Raiders game which eventually meant we ran away with the win. At Belmore we were perfect for 78 minutes, but that is still not good enough.

Woosh

Head Moderator
What excuses have I made for Sione?

And where have I "had a go at Lamb"????? All I've said is that I'm concerned that we seem to be hanging our half hopes on him because at the moment his game seems very limited.

You talk about Lamb's game being limited yet you want to praise Sione?
Then when someone brings up Sione's game you use his age as an excuse.
Come on now!!

Noname36

First Grade
You talk about Lamb's game being limited yet you want to praise Sione?
Then when someone brings up Sione's game you use his age as an excuse.
Come on now!!

To be honest I mostly praise Sione because I find it amusing how worked up he makes slotmachine - I guess you're in the same boat. Either that or you have some kind of connection to Lamb?

Saying that though Sione has been been pushed from position to position and given captaincy and handled it all fine - Lamb I'm worried won't even be able to survive in FG - and for the last time, again that's not said to criticise but rather genuine concern for the squad. I've watched Lamb since the lower grades and nobody ever wants to see a Knights junior, especially a highly touted halfback not make it.

Edit - Also I don't think I've mentioned Sione's age for well over a year? You know, when he a teenager. Good to know you're keeping track of my posts though.

Noname36

First Grade
Here you are making excuses for Sione again yet you're more than happy to bag Lamb.
You should be more worried about how Sione fits into our squad.
He's going to struggle get a starting spot if Nathan was serious about this coaching business!!

lol what have I said that's an excuse? It's a fact. I couldn't give a hoot how Sione fits into the squad. I rate him but truth be told I'd be happy if Brown asked all four brothers to walk if it meant we could sign someone like Maloney so we wouldn't have to worry about Hodkinson and Lamb.

You're very touchy about Lamb to be honest. Mate of yours? (Serious question as you've come out of nowhere on the attack).

Latest posts