What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Dragons @ Jubilee Oval

Who will win? Round 18: Dragons v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still got his critics hasn’t he Tiger05..Geez some of you guys are hard to please
Great kick for Nofa’s try
No Farah and we lose that match.....MOM performance.
I'm with you Tiger Woody. I was out this afternoon and in the car during 1st half with plenty of station surfing, ABC, 2GB and I think it was 2SM all saying that Farah, Mybe & Marshall were the standouts.

2nd half watched on FOX and those guys said it was Farah leading the way.

Perspective - he is the standout No 9 at the club, he gets his hand on the ball and takes pressure off the 6 & 7, guys who knock him, think Luke gee, think of any other No 9, they make mistakes but the good ones* always back themselves, Farah has always done that.

Perspective - 1st time Dragons have lost at Kogarah this year, 1st time Tigers have won there forever !. They are where they are on the ladder for a reason.
Perspective - they had 5 backing up from Wednesday night, who cares.

We got them at a good time but we showed a fair amount of ticker today. I was happy with that and we bustled them fairly well. Be interesting to see what happens next time around.

Anyway stiff shit......If you don't want to rest your origin players you have to expect a bit of a hangover.

Once Rowdy went off the left side defence fell apart. That's going to be a worry until be gets back

Das Hassler

Bench
Low penalty count helped us in regards their tired 5....refs didnt make it easy for them.
Mbye's a calm head and love his passing game...laser sharp

Tiger05

First Grade
Still got his critics hasn’t he Tiger05..Geez some of you guys are hard to please
Great kick for Nofa’s try
No Farah and we lose that match.....MOM performance.

Here is the thing. He did come up with a couple of hog plays but he also was close to our best. Robbie and Benji were and still are class players.

Benji's pass that was called forward was a special play. I thought Brooks and Mbye were good as well. Our spine were great.

Many have said it after previous games but I do not understand starting with the starting props and then basically taking them off at the same time, I'd be happier to see Aloiai start up front and Matulino on the bench and he replace Packer with Aloiai still on and playing x more minutes.

I thought all the backs did well today (OK I only watched the 2nd half). I didn't think much of Eisenhuth, plenty of arm grabbing for me rather than using his size and shoulders and bl00dy tackling.

Sue played the best that I'd seen from him in some time. MCK played very well, is it any wonder seeing that there is now a like player in Garner fighting for his position perhaps? That competition might be a good thing for the rest of the year.

Hopefully we see more of the grit for the rest of the year now.
The Tigers players decided they needed to revert to what they were doing well in the opening rounds and their rediscovered defensive resolve frustrated the Dragons as they sought to join South Sydney at the top of the Telstra Premiership ladder.

"Going into this game we just had a team meeting and wanted to go back to the basics and figure out where we went from the first couple of rounds," centre Esan Marsters said.
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2018/07/15/the-team-meeting-behind-wests-tigers-dragons-ambush/

Tiger05

First Grade
Still worried that when opposition teams fight back in 2nd halves our forwards have no impact getting back the momentum
The backs are the ones getting us off our own line

This was noticeable wasn't it. I thought Chee-Kam was great. He gave us some punch all over the park. Sue was awesome as well but our forwards were nonexistent at times.

stryker

First Grade
Robbie showed some real classy touches today that not one person has shown in the no.9 for us since he left. He also holds the middle well. MOM for mine and one of the best last game as well. His knockers are bitter losers who are still upset he stood up to the scarecrow.

Tigerm

First Grade
Many have said it after previous games but I do not understand starting with the starting props and then basically taking them off at the same time, I'd be happier to see Aloiai start up front and Matulino on the bench and he replace Packer with Aloiai still on and playing x more minutes.

I thought all the backs did well today (OK I only watched the 2nd half). I didn't think much of Eisenhuth, plenty of arm grabbing for me rather than using his size and shoulders and bl00dy tackling.

Sue played the best that I'd seen from him in some time. MCK played very well, is it any wonder seeing that there is now a like player in Garner fighting for his position perhaps? That competition might be a good thing for the rest of the year.

Hopefully we see more of the grit for the rest of the year now.
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2018/07/15/the-team-meeting-behind-wests-tigers-dragons-ambush/
Agree, from memory Matulino started on the bench in the early game, where we had our success?
Don't want to be too nit picky, but I am not sure Marsters is improving, he is young, so maybe I am expecting too much too soon. Goal kicking has improved.
Do we know why Twal didn't play?

Tiger05

First Grade
Do we know why Twal didn't play?

I reckon Twal has been our second best forward behind Lawrence this season but our middle forwards haven't been performing. Sue had to come in and he made a difference. Someone had to miss out.

Tiger05

First Grade
Farah is most dangerous with the ball in hand outside the 20...example is that sweet pass to put Mbye through that hole..

When they are attacking inside the 20 though he needs to pass the ball from dummy half only...

He is frustrating because he hogs it at key moments when he shouldn't. If he fixed that part of his game up he would have been an even better player.

Farah is most dangerous with the ball in hand outside the 20...example is that sweet pass to put Mbye through that hole..
Yeah that's a good point Buffalo

When they are attacking inside the 20 though he needs to pass the ball from dummy half only...
He does overplay his hand at times, maybe once a half should be the instruction but then again how many times has he kicked on the last and they have scored from it or just scored himself? I guess it's the thing about 9's and we are a critical bunch (of our own) aren't we?

BuffaloRules

Coach
He does overplay his hand at times, maybe once a half should be the instruction but then again how many times has he kicked on the last and they have scored from it or just scored himself? I guess it's the thing about 9's and we are a critical bunch (of our own) aren't we?

I just think he has become predictable going himself out of dummy half on the try line and the defence knows it... or he will try and put through a grubber which never gets through the line...I know that they scored off one of his goal line kicks today but from memory it wasn’t from dummy half but a broken play situation..

BrotherJim05

Bench
What the fk is going on at Concord.How can our most rugged & best performed prop b playing isp.If this is true Cleary needs to b held accountable for this diabolical decision.

You need to be held accountable for being a deadset troll. Every post i see from you is either bagging Cleary or whinging about the team.

We just beat the 2nd placed team in the comp. Does Cleary get credit for it or should he still be fired?

Das Hassler

Bench
Robbie showed some real classy touches today that not one person has shown in the no.9 for us since he left. He also holds the middle well. MOM for mine and one of the best last game as well. His knockers are bitter losers who are still upset he stood up to the scarecrow.

Not all who get frustrated by him are simply knockers...we were hanging on for grim death for the last 10 mins and were lucky to have got away with it ( thank you Cory Thompson)...Farah played well enough to be MOM but a former lomgterm SOO and premiership winning player SHOULD be able to play that well...if we had lost then his out and out dumb 5th tackle attempted charge over straight into a bunch of defenders who read it before he even thought of it would have really stung...they effortlessly rolled him over in goal then had the chance to reset their defence for the last. ...add to that the no hope last tackle dribble into the legs / handover near the end...both times while the halves who HAD a 100% strike rate at getting us repeat sets are standing out there waiting to do their job..it just make you want to scream as he's so much better than that as one of the highest paid and most experienced players out there. Smith would not have done it....Cook would not have done it..unfortunately Farah still does!
I'm glad he's in the 9.....he's giving it his all ...having an 80 min no. 9 with his workrate out there is HUGE ....he's made a big difference and will accelerate Liddle's progress.
Fair comments i think though the hardcore lovers may disagree ( insert smily faces etc here)