What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs Titans @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 19: Knights v Titans

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yosh

Coach
Great come back win. No Pearce, we lose by 30. Really missed him those ten weeks.

Saifiti needs to start the season in this sort of form. Ese'ese could go on to be the best lick we have ever had, big statement but I believe it.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Levi gets my vote 2 weeks in a row. Absolutely fantastic.

Watson showing a bit more with the ball. It’s not clean yet, but a willingness to play since Pearce’s return. And running game is looking dynamite. He is pure energy which is fantastic.

Loving our spine. With a stronger pack, they can be lethal.

Yosh

Coach
Watson shines a lot more with Pearce in the side. With Ponga and Pearce doing the play making, I can see Watson making line breaks galore in the weeks to come.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I thought we played pretty well this week. I was especially impressed with our forwards, finally we got to see some imaginative play from them and there were times when we really carved up the middle. I reckon this was our highest offloading game in the last few years, and they were quality offloads too and we actually had players pushing up in support of the ball carrier.

A few guys had their best games of the year imo. Barnett, Fitz, Dan Saifiti, Levi and maybe even Herman.

The score was a little deceiving because the Titans did score a couple of fortuitous tries. Outside of that 15 mins or so after half time we looked like the better team imo and it was pleasing that we finished strong in both halves.

Levi has arguably played his best two career games in the last two weeks. If he keeps this level going for the last 6 rounds I think he’s just about impossible to leave out of the starting side next season. Slade probably won’t be back from injury at the start of next year anyway but I would think that Levi would be just about an automatic selection considering what he’s currently bringing to the side.

Tbh I can’t really think of anyone who had a really bad game, even Denniss chipped in with some tough runs and quick play the balls when coming out of our half. It’s a shame he’s just about useless when we get the ball in an attacking position though.

I think moving forward we simply must have either Herman or Dan on the field at any given time. Those two have just been running rampant recently and are clearly our two most damaging middle forwards. Even if we don’t sign a big name prop I think we can build a forward pack around those two. I just hope they get enough support next year, Glasby will help but outside of that our stocks are still very thin.

Our 2019 backline on the other hand looks ace!

1. Ponga
2. Lee
3. Ramien
4. Moga
5. SKD
6. Watson
7. Pearce

Then we still have Sione who can slot in at centre if we need him to and Ross/Sio as injury cover on the wing.

perverse

Referee
If we ever see Griffin again, it'll be towards the end of next year or even the year after. That injury was horrendous. Will take at least 12 months to get right again. The position is Levi's for a while.

Yosh

Coach
I was really impressed with the metres Ross made during the game. We usually have SKD making those metres but with him shifted into the centres, Ross made close to 200m right? Those metres really helped. Ross is definitely a winger and not a centre. With Ramien, Moga and Sione, hopefully we see him either in reserve grade or only on the wing.

Ese'ese was so impressive. His mobility, fend and simple short balls were exactly what I'd want from my smallest middle forward. Did he have the most tackle breaks in the game? It looked like our forward were playing the ball more than previously in the season. Ese'ese played some short balls and Saifiti had his arm free often to hit the support runner. Very pleasing to see. I have been super impressed with Saifiti lately. I hope his brother comes back and they finish the season strong so we got something to build on for next season.

Latest posts