What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Raiders @ GIO Stadium Canberra

Who will win? Round 2: Raiders v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Was it just me or did anyone else get the feeling in that game, the feeling we used to have during the glory years when, no matter how many points they scored, we knew we could score more. I haven’t felt that for a while, but that’s what I felt and it feels good.

Noname36

First Grade
Was it just me or did anyone else get the feeling in that game, the feeling we used to have during the glory years when, no matter how many points they scored, we knew we could score more. I haven’t felt that for a while, but that’s what I felt and it feels good.

I felt more the usual dread where we score but then do something stupid immediately following and lose. So happy that didn't happen

Silent Knight

First Grade

Certainly didn't feel it on this grumpy old bastards watch...

6666040-3x2-460x307.jpg

Two try maximum permitted. No offloads or second phase play.

Good to have the feeling back though.

Swarzey

Bench
I've got no issue with the performance. It still feels like a disjointed side that is still working on it's communication notably in defence and that's something that everyone has to realise even though it can be incredibly frustrating. Admittedly I found myself thinking that it was a case of 'New year, Old Newcastle' once or twice. I felt we were hard done by with the penalty count; laughable to think that those fat f**ks weren't laying all over us. But we pushed on and got the win and the 2 points at this time of the season where our performance isn't great and we have a tough draw is incredibly valuable.

Defence remains the biggest issue but again, that comes down to communication, something that will get better over the length of the season.

And again, Ponga is the King. That kid is the most gifted player in the game today, the most gifted player I've ever seen (albeit you lot have seen more than me) and he's going to own this club in 5 years.

perverse

Referee
There was never any doubt that we could score points against Canberra. We came away with points every time we got a sniff of the line. What worries me is that we haven't shown much ability to stay up the opponents end yet. Discipline needs to improve, and we need to be better in the ruck and pushing through the line. There's nothing wrong that can't be fixed as far as I can see, though... and the attitude and grit is certainly there.

There are a lot of points in this team already. We're much better than I thought we'd be this early on. Full credit to Brown and the coaching staff, it was clearly a good off season.

Ponga most run metres 138
Guerra most tackles 45
Sione most line breaks 1

We had 46% possession and 84% completion (they had 86‰)
Penalties 12 to 7 to them.

Surprisingly, we had more missed tackles - 38 to their 22.

I thought our defence was committed mostly but we can see where work needs to be done. Too many offloads by them.

Latest posts