What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Storm @ AAMI Park

Who will win? Round 2: Storm v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 2
Melbourne Storm v Wests Tigers
AAMI Park, Melbourne (TICKETS)
Saturday 17 March 2018

Gates 6:30pm / NRL 7:35pm

TL-MEL18.png

1. Billy Slater 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Will Chambers 4. Curtis Scott 5. Josh Addo-carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Brodie Croft 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Tim Glasby 15. Kenneath Bromwich 16. Christian Welch 17. Sam Kasiano 18. Young Tonumaipea 19. Joe Stimson 20. Billy Walters 21. Brandon Smith

TL-WST18.png

1. Tuimoala Lolohea 2. Corey Thompson 3. Esan Marsters 4. Kevin Naiqama 5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Russell Packer 9. Pita Godinet 10. Ben Matulino 11. Chris Lawrence 12. Robert Rochow 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Matt McIlwrick 15. Alex Twal 16. Michael Chee Kam 17. Matt Eisenhuth 18. Josh Aloiai 19. David Nofoaluma 20. Tim Grant 21. Tyson Gamble

REF-YELLOW-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Grant Atkins, Jon Stone
Sideline Officials: Nick Morel, Phil Henderson
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Luke Patten

Feeder club matches
(all times QLD local)
SAT
Vic Thunderbolts (MEL) v Tweed Heads (GLD) @ Gosch's Paddock, Colts 3:15pm
SUN
Easts (MEL) v Mackay (NQL) @ Suzuki Stadium, Colts 1pm / ISC 3pm
Wynnum Manly (BRI) v Falcons (MEL) @ BMD Kougari Oval, Colts 1:30pm / ISC 3pm

(all times AEDT)
SAT | Newcastle v Western Suburbs (WST) @ Leichhardt, ISP 1pm (Ch 9 NSW)
SAT | Newcastle v Wests Tigers @ Cessnock Sports Ground, Flegg 3pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Remember in 2005 when we were wooden spoon Favourites and knocked the 2 Premiership Favourites off back to back in rounds 2&3?

Yeah, Tigers 13+

Tigerm

First Grade
I think they are vulnerable if we can shut Smith down (with no Cronk). But either way, we will be 2 from 2.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm worried because their wingers can score points out of nothing and therefore it's hard to win a low scoring game against the Storm. Still I'll pick us every week.

mepelthwack

Juniors
I think we can win if we play as well as round one but I can live with a loss if we smack the Broncos in week 3

Clifferd

Coach
I'm worried because their wingers can score points out of nothing and therefore it's hard to win a low scoring game against the Storm. Still I'll pick us every week.

The only time ive wanted an ex player to run rings around our team was JAC under our Jason Taylor coached side as an up yours

Obviously not anymore. But f**k we could use his pace in our team at the moment

phenisha

Juniors
there were times we were soft and a better team would have put us to the sword on Saturday. Melbourne won't give us a chance.

I just want the same general effort and ill be happy. Though i think Storm will be too strong.

super_coach

First Grade
If they make a line break there gone. To much speed and have more than one player with skill unlike the Chooks. My brain tells me no chance, but my heart tells me we always compete against the Storm, so why not a win

Vozzy

Juniors
Remember in 2005 when we were wooden spoon Favourites and knocked the 2 Premiership Favourites off back to back in rounds 2&3?

Yeah, Tigers 13+

Yes and at the start of 2005 we were all out attack with no defence until the second half of the season and the finals.

This year we are all out defence. I'd be stocked to win 8-6, 10-8 again this week.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
1 Tuimoala Lolohea, 2 Corey Thompson, 3 Esan Marsters, 4 Kevin Naiqama, 5 Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, 6 Benji Marshall, 7 Luke Brooks, 8 Russell Packer, 9 Pita Godinet, 10 Ben Matulino, 11 Chris Lawrence, 12 Robbie Rochow, 13 Elijah Taylor

Interchange: 14 Matt McIlwrick 15 Alex Twal, 16 Michael Chee Kam, 17 Matthew Eisenhuth

Reserves: 18 Josh Aloiai, 19 David Nofoaluma, 20 Tim Grant, 21 Tyson Gamble

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
Cleary has a hard on for Naiqama for some reason so cant see him being dropped

Hmmm gamble getting a sniff in the 21

Vozzy

Juniors
A lot of players are in reserves because they came back from an injury like Nofo. I can see why he stuck to a winning team though. Even though players played well in ISP they were playing against players who probably have no chance ofaking Bulldogs starting team unless it's origin period.

It was our attack that was down on the weekend not defence. We will need to score more then 10 to beat storm.

simmo1

First Grade
Cleary has a hard on for Naiqama for some reason so cant see him being dropped

I remember watching one of Denan Kemp's player interviews with Naiqama last year, a few weeks before Cleary had signed as coach. He basically said a big reason why he left Penrith was that Cleary had told him he isn't a first grader and would be playing reserve grade unless there were injuries. It seems strange that he's now one of his favourites.

Shredder

Juniors
All Im looking for this year is effort. Week in week out not giving up, heads held up, having a dig.

If we play like that all year, I think we will win more than we lose.

Whether we win or not this weekend makes no difference to me so long as we dont get blown off the park. And if we put the effort of last week in, with a little less rust, Im quietly confident of jagging the 2pts.

Clifferd

Coach
I remember watching one of Denan Kemp's player interviews with Naiqama last year, a few weeks before Cleary had signed as coach. He basically said a big reason why he left Penrith was that Cleary had told him he isn't a first grader and would be playing reserve grade unless there were injuries. It seems strange that he's now one of his favourites.

Yeah I always thought Kevvy would be long odds to get a starting spot this year . I could be wrong but I reckon Cleary was pretty impressed with his passion showed for Fiji in the World Cup , hence his selection. But at the same time it’s not like anyone’s knocking down the door for his spot

Milne is still a work in progress. Maybe Fonua might work at left centre

I'll preface this by saying as a human being, I think Kev is a great role model for kids. A humble, hard working fellow that tries his guts out. I just don't think that he deserves a spot in front of other guys. He is a depth player, shouldn't be a walk up start over others.