What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Bulldogs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 20: Bulldogs v Wests Tigers

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 20
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Wests Tigers
ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park (TICKETS)
Friday 27 July 2018

Gates 6:30pm / NRL 7:50pm

TL-CBY18.png

1. William Hopoate 2. Brett Morris 3. Josh Morris 4. Kerrod Holland 5. Reimis Smith 6. Lachlan Lewis 7. Jeremy Marshall-King 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Lichaa 10. David Klemmer 11. Josh Jackson 12. Rhyse Martin 13. Adam Elliot
Interchange: 14. Fa'amanu Brown 15. Greg Eastwood 16. Ofahiki Ogden 17. Danny Fualalo 19. Chris Smith 20. Matt Frawley 21. Francis Tualau 23. John Olive

TL-WST18.png

1. Moses Mbye 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Esan Marsters 4. Kevin Naiqama 5. Corey Thompson 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Russell Packer 9. Robbie Farah 10. Ben Matulino 11. Michael Chee Kam 12. Luke Garner 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Alex Twal 15. Sauaso Sue 16. Robert Rochow 17. Matt Eisenhuth 18. Jacob Liddle 19. Chris McQueen 20. Pita Godinet 21. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak

REF-YELLOW-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Matt Cecchin, Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Tim Roby, Brett Suttor
Video Referees: Ashley Klein, Ben Galea

Feeder clubs
BULLDOGS (NSWRL) & WESTS TIGERS (NSWRL - Wests Magpies)
SAT
BWSE (MAN) v Wests Magpies (WST) @ Lottoland, ISP 12:45pm (FOX)
Bulldogs v Warriors @ Belmore, Flegg 11am / ISP 1pm (CH 9 NSW)
Sea Eagles Flegg BYE​

Last edited by a moderator:
Really need to give the Dogs a hiding this weekend to beef up the F/A in case we do manage to level up with whoever finishes in 8th spot.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Two great wins in a row up against Premiership contenders, to be followed by a game they are expected to win comfortably against the wooden spoon favourites...

Tell me if you have seen how this movie ends before??
Exactly ! No team in world sport abides by that heartbreaking script better than us ! Getting flogged by the raiders @ the 8th wonder in final premiership round a few yrs ago when a win would’ve qualified us for the finals is the epitomy of this club.

Funnily enough I’ve heard as I’m not a big AFL fan but the Richmond tigers prior to winning the comp last yr were eternally finishing 9th something we know all about.

I’m more confident about beating saints & Souths than I am re the away games v raiders & knights.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Really need to give the Dogs a hiding this weekend to beef up the F/A in case we do manage to level up with whoever finishes in 8th spot.

Agree

Whilst in the NRL no game is a certainty this is the one game remaining that SHOULD be a gimme

F/A could prove very vital for a top 8 spot, I think we need a 30 point win here

Tiger05

First Grade
I'd really like to see us win this one well. As you guys state these are the games we lose.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
This is a monster game for us. If we win and win well AND the Warriors start to get wobbly like I think they will AND the Raiders lose their next two (against top teams) they will drop their bundle for the year so we might get a rare win against them. A few weeks ago I thought the top 8 was no chance...now I ain't so sure. Got to win this week boys.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Re my last post, gee I hope we don't need to rely on a win in the last round against Souths....can't remember the last time we won one of those clutch games to make the semis.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Re my last post, gee I hope we don't need to rely on a win in the last round against Souths....can't remember the last time we won one of those clutch games to make the semis.
We never have. 2008 against the knights and 2016 against the raiders. Wet fish efforts, although the raiders were red hot that day.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Aloiai broken hand, surgery this morning, damn. Sadly you would think either McQueen or Rochow come in.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Not good... when is Lawrence back?

Maybe Rochow can turn the clock back to the early games...

They may as well have a mannequin out there as McQueen..

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not good... when is Lawrence back?

Maybe Rochow can turn the clock back to the early games...

They may as well have a mannequin out there as McQueen..

My guess with Lawrence would be 6 weeks. So round 24 at best.

2 options imo:

11. CheeKam
12. Garner
13. Taylor

14. Sue
15. Eisenhuth
16. Twal
17. McQueen/Rochow

Or

11. CheeKam
12. Taylor
13. Eisenhuth

14. Sue
15. Garner
16. Twal
17. Grant

2 options imo:

11. CheeKam
12. Garner
13. Taylor

14. Sue
15. Eisenhuth
16. Twal
17. McQueen/Rochow

Or

11. CheeKam
12. Taylor
13. Eisenhuth

14. Sue
15. Garner
16. Twal
17. Grant

I wouldn't have Garner start yet. I'd prefer Rochow over McQueen.

Tiger05

First Grade

2 options imo:

11. CheeKam
12. Garner
13. Taylor

14. Sue
15. Eisenhuth
16. Twal
17. McQueen/Rochow

Or

11. CheeKam
12. Taylor
13. Eisenhuth

14. Sue
15. Garner
16. Twal
17. Grant

I'm not sold on option 2 but I think that is what you have to go with. Maybe you could go with Garner but it's a big ask of the kid. Moving ET from the 13 position might also be a dud call.

Lawrence out is a big loss. Aloiai out is also a loss.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I'm not sold on option 2 but I think that is what you have to go with. Maybe you could go with Garner but it's a big ask of the kid. Moving ET from the 13 position might also be a dud call.

Lawrence out is a big loss. Aloiai out is also a loss.
Yep Aloiai & Rowdy will b sorely missed coz in a team with few reliable forwards of consistently acceptable efforts they are 2 of our best.

Personally any combination will do as long as Eisenhuth, McQueen & Rochow are not in the 17.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I guess you could play Sue on the edge again but I don't think he has it in him anymore, probably solely a middle forward these days

Vic Mackey

Referee
A bit left field but I wouldn’t be adverse to having Liddle on the bench, playing the last 20 at hooker and Robbie at 13.

Tiger Ted

Bench
A bit left field but I wouldn’t be adverse to having Liddle on the bench, playing the last 20 at hooker and Robbie at 13.
Good idea.Robbie would perform this role on his ear.However Cleary hasn’t the nous to consider these selections.He can(& so can we) thank his lucky stars that Seibold foolishly released RF to us coz RF’s dominant performances in our recent victories are helping to turn around what would’ve been an unimpressive report card for Ivan come seasons end !

Latest posts