What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Cowboys @ 1300SMILES Stadium

Who will win? Round 20: Cowboys v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alex28

Coach
I mean, yes we should be upset with the way we played...

But f*** we got ripped off. Video ref not being able to judge on forward passes is ridiculous. At least one forward pass in that final try.

Levi was incredibly unlucky to be binned in the first half too...

perverse

Referee
What little hope I had that we would finish off the season strongly is gone now. Not saying make the 8, just finish the season strongly.

If we can't go on and beat a lacklustre Cowboys team with a healthy lead at H/T then I have no confidence we can measure up against better teams like the Tigers, Warriors, Panthers, Sharks and Dragons (yep that's the order of teams we're facing).

I hope the Tigers can go on and make the finals because I'll be jumping on their bandwagon after the regular season finishes. They understand what consistency means, thanks to having an excellent coach in Ivan Cleary.

Levi needs a proper kick up the arse. What an absolute toss.
Can't wait for Gallen to shit talk about us to the press. Worst thing being he'll probably be spot on.

Swarzey

Bench
Bit hard to fathom them wanting Brown gone when we were playing tremendously well in the first 40 despite being up against it by the refs. If they did, I'm sure there would have been clearer signs like players making comedic attempts at tackles, more selfish plays etc. Players in those situations make it far more obvious than just a poor performance; lets not forget that despite doing it for a full half, the way we played wasn't new or any different to other weeks where we've won.

But if you have a narrative that sees Brown being gone, you'll scratch and claw any significant or - most often - insignificant piece possible to put that narrative together.

Dave_

Juniors
I've backed Brown as much as anyone but someone explain what happened. Does he not say the right things or do our players just not listen?

Swarzey

Bench
The players are purposely playing bad, hampering their ability to maximise their earnings in a new contract, all because they want the coach gone. I don't know how none of us have caught onto this before tonight.

we're not woke enough.

We gotta get woke like the rest of them.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
The players are purposely playing bad, hampering their ability to maximise their earnings in a new contract, all because they want the coach gone. I don't know how none of us have caught onto this before tonight.
Nah nah the other clubs are in on it too. Players will still get paid. Only Browny doesn't know.

Dave_

Juniors
Everyone loves Browny, cool, me too...but he can be questioned. He's not Wayne Bennett.

Reality is, he gets a free pass despite anything but he has more against him than most coaches do so fair enough. All I'm saying is, the excuses are running out fast. I don't have to get on the bandwagon. I just hope he's not going soft on these boys.

perverse

Referee
Relax guys, I'm pretty sure Dave was just saying it as an expression rather than a suggestion or statement of fact.

Brown definitely isn't perfect. He's been getting a lot of credit for the work of Darren Mooney, too. Having said that, I don't think he's horrible, either. There are better coaches out there, but he's got us pointed in the right direction at least.

Next year will make or break his NRL career, so he better hope he and Moons find a big prop and some more depth.

Bartwah

Juniors
Get real mate, ...the Cows are a bunch of washed up hacks and they played like it too. Last year was last year.
I’m being real. If they’re washed up hacks, they’re hacks that would walk into our starting line up.

perverse

Referee
I’m being real. If they’re washed up hacks, they’re hacks that would walk into our starting line up.
Not as many of them as you'd think if you've been watching at all this year. I certainly wouldn't knock back Taumalolo, obviously.

Swarzey

Bench

Would you be saying the same thing if we had won? If we didn't bottle that second half and maintained the first, I don't think you would be saying they would walk into our starting side.

Don't be selective.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Relax guys, I'm pretty sure Dave was just saying it as an expression rather than a suggestion or statement of fact.

Brown definitely isn't perfect. He's been getting a lot of credit for the work of Darren Mooney, too. Having said that, I don't think he's horrible, either. There are better coaches out there, but he's got us pointed in the right direction at least.

Next year will make or break his NRL career, so he better hope he and Moons find a big prop and some more depth.
"Basically though bruz, if you're a dickhead you're getting told and most can dig that."

Ridiculous comment gets treated as it deserved.

It'll be great if we can get Watson, Ponga and Pearce together for more than four games

macavity

Referee
I had to pause to put the kids to bed, looked up the score when they scored the two quick tries. How the hell did we lose that?