What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Dragons @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 20: Dragons v Wests Tigers

• St. George Illawarra Dragons 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
How the f**k is rankin in the team over JAC?!?! He has terrible hands and is a shithouse goal kicker. The dragons first try was all on him, guy is useless

magpie4ever

First Grade
well what a disheartening performance that was. I think we are kidding ourselves if we think this side is worthy of a place in the top 8.

Seems like whatever happened today, you was always going to find the negatives.

It was a half decent win (and without your bum boy, as well).

Mario chalmers

Juniors

You set pretty low standards if you think that was half decent. St George are pathetic and threw very little at us.

There's blokes being picked for NRL that should not be anywhere near first grade. Rankin cannot catch, kick or finish. Lovett misses tackles every week. He goes high and gets fended off time and time again. That try he bombed today was astonishing as well. He's as slow as a wet week.
It looks likely that Lawrence might miss time with an ankle after missing the second half. Sirro should come in to start but I fear Lovett will play left edge next week.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Gotta say I agree that it was a very average performance against a poor team not playing with much confidence...

Still... Keeps the season alive a bit longer I guess...

So 4 out of the last six anyone?

Clifferd

Coach
Unless we can rack up a score of 50+ against someone , I reckon we can only afford to drop 1 game

Our for and against is to poor to be on 28 with 3 other teams or so

Games I'm most nervous about are Cows at home and Warriors away, rest I think we can snatch

Vic Mackey

Referee
You set pretty low standards if you think that was half decent. St George are pathetic and threw very little at us.

There's blokes being picked for NRL that should not be anywhere near first grade. Rankin cannot catch, kick or finish. Lovett misses tackles every week. He goes high and gets fended off time and time again. That try he bombed today was astonishing as well. He's as slow as a wet week.
It looks likely that Lawrence might miss time with an ankle after missing the second half. Sirro should come in to start but I fear Lovett will play left edge next week.

I didn't realise Lovett missed the tackle on Milne til I watched the highlights. So the guy bombs a certain try by hogging it and going on his own after the Tedesco break, then follows it up by missing a basic one on one tackle for a try. I think lovetts improved but there's no way he offers more then MCK or God forbid even siro would

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

wow, how mature.

I mentioned no players names.

There were decent tries, but really, it was a sloppy scrappy affair. That was pretty bloody clear.

I don't see how I actually said anything incorrect.

Both sides made 10 errors each. Naiqama and Moses missed 9 tackles between them (33 % of all our missed tackles), which means the defensive issue on that side is still yet to be rectified.

I don't care if Farah plays or not. But we should have had at least an actual hooker in the 17 somewhere. It's only sensible and logical to do so.

I've said before a number of times, I don't care if Farah leaves, he's only got 1-2 seasons left in him anyways, and they aren't going to be any better than where he is now, so you can drop the whole petulant bum boy bullshit.

When you are at the game you get caught up in the moment and the buzz and feel of those around you, you even forget about the coach, the politics etc, if the team are winning. Yesterday, I was not a happy old tiger at the start, then they came back and did get caught up and wow, what a 'great win'.

Watching the replay last night, it certainly wasn't a great win, it was just a win. A win against a team that from all accounts have as many internal issues as the Tigers. Some terrible passes from dummy half, but that's OK, some terrible missed tackles still, but that's OK. ;)

People in the press talk about who they play in the next few rounds and gee, IMO the next game is perhaps the hardest, why? because the Tigers always disappoint when playing a team below them on the table and in the case of Parra, they are better than the Dragons.

Clifferd

Coach
When you are at the game you get caught up in the moment and the buzz and feel of those around you, you even forget about the coach, the politics etc, if the team are winning. Yesterday, I was not a happy old tiger at the start, then they came back and did get caught up and wow, what a 'great win'.

Watching the replay last night, it certainly wasn't a great win, it was just a win. A win against a team that from all accounts have as many internal issues as the Tigers. Some terrible passes from dummy half, but that's OK, some terrible missed tackles still, but that's OK. ;)

People in the press talk about who they play in the next few rounds and gee, IMO the next game is perhaps the hardest, why? because the Tigers always disappoint when playing a team below them on the table and in the case of Parra, they are better than the Dragons.

A few weeks back id agree but Parra are basically playing an unrecognisable team

No Foran, Norman, De Gois, Scott, Manu Mau, Radradra, Jennings etc plus missing Peats and Paulo from last time we played them

Robson and Gutherson in the halves

A more winnable game than yesterday's vs Saints imo.

FootynRacing

Juniors
Taylor has timed this perfectly given the quality of opposition we were to play in the weeks afterwards. The Dragons are beyond bad and the fact that they were still in it with ten minutes to go yesterday says a lot about how well we are really going. A quality side would've destroyed the Tigers yesterday

Tiger05

First Grade
We have a lot of quality players in our team. We don't seem to be firing though. Robbie might help out there. Wonder if he gets picked at some point.

Tigerm

First Grade
We have a lot of quality players in our team. We don't seem to be firing though. Robbie might help out there. Wonder if he gets picked at some point.
Maynot get picked ever again, I believe he has to front the board over his comments on Saturday, though I didn't think they were harsh

Last edited:
Tigerm, JT may have provided him with a bit of an out there though as he even said that the comment was made in the heat of the moment after an emotional week, or something like that.

So he might get a fine maybe something like $900k

BrotherJim05

Bench
A lot of good and bad from that game. Our halves really stepped it up a notch, particularly Moses who was brilliant. Our forwards showed some grit, especially all being forced to play longer minutes due to Grant/Lawrence injuries.

However, the usual suspects are a bit of a worry. Lovett had a poor game, Rankin wasn't abysmal but we need our left winger to have a lot more strike power than what Rankin offers. Naiqama's defence was pretty average.

The worst of all though was not having a hooker on the bench. Halutau can only play for so long and having bloody Rankin/Brooks filling in at hooker was beyond stupid. It caused players to become confused and thats when we started scrambling. A good team would have exposed our confusion and put us to the sword.

I'm really sick of this Farah/Taylor nonsense. I think the best thing would be if they agree that Farah leaves at the end of the year if he is allowed to play AS THE STARTING HOOKER for the rest of the year.
He is easily the best we have and is only being held back because they are trying to push him out the door next year. win/win

Tiger05

First Grade
BrotherJim - it's frustrating at the moment isn't it. I don't think I've ever seen the team being so sidelined by a stupid off field issue.