What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 21 vs Titans @ Cbus Super Stadium

Who will win? Round 21: Titans v Wests Tigers

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 21
Gold Coast Titans v Wests Tigers
Cbus Super Stadium, Robina (TICKETS)
Sunday 30 July 2017

Gates 1:30pm / NYC 1:45pm / NRL 4pm (Ch9/Fox)

GLD-17teamlist.jpg

1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Anthony Don 3. Dale Copley 4. John Olive 5. William Zillman 6. Tyrone Roberts 7. Ashley Taylor 8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Nathan Peats 10. Ryan James 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Joe Greenwood 13. Max King
Interchange: 14. Karl Lawton 15. Morgan Boyle 16. Leivaha Pulu 17. Nathaniel Peteru 18. Kane Elgey 19. Phillip Sami 20. Pat Politoni 21. Agnatius Paasi

WST-17teamlist.jpg

1. James Tedesco 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Esan Marsters 4. Kevin Naiqama 5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 6. Tuimoala Lolohea 7. Luke Brooks 8. Aaron Woods 9. Matt McIlwrick 10. Tim Grant 11. Chris Lawrence 12. Elijah Taylor 13. Matthew Eisenhuth
Interchange: 14. Alex Twal 15. Sauaso Sue 16. Michael Chee-Kam 17. Ava Seumanufagai 18. Josh Aloiai 19. Jj Felise 20. Joel Edwards 21. Jack Littlejohn

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Yellow.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee, Chris James
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Nick Morel
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Bernard Sutton

NYC - Sun 1:45pm at Cbus

ISC (Titans) - Burleigh host Townsville (Cowboys) at Pizzey Park, Sat 5:45pm
Capras host Falcons (Storm) at Browne Park, Sat 6pm
Tweed Heads BYE

ISP (Wests Tigers) - BYE​

Last edited by a moderator:

Vic Mackey

Referee
We should have a few more troops back with Sue, Suli, Edwards and Aloiai all likely available for selection.

Although knowing how the match review committee like to make example of Tigers players Brooks will be the first guy suspended for a trip in 3 decades

Tiger Ted

Bench
Tigers fans to line up at the gap.
We are accustomed to misery & mediocrity.

It's fans like the doggie fans who will b lining up at the gap when in '18 they miss the finals for the 2nd yr in a row something that's foreign to the spoilt fans of some clubs who unlike us r accustomed to success.

simmo1

First Grade
We should have a few more troops back with Sue, Suli, Edwards and Aloiai all likely available for selection.

Although knowing how the match review committee like to make example of Tigers players Brooks will be the first guy suspended for a trip in 3 decades

Yep, and what's the bet Reynolds finally cops a big suspension next year when he sticks the leg out.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Probably as good a side as we can put on the field this week.(Suli out again)
Bench 14 to 18 is good........Wonder who will be the odd man out?

Can I be excited by a bench? Well when there's no Lovett, I can but as long as Chee-Kam can play like last week (perhaps his best game).

I think that the 2018 guys might be picked where possible in front of guys who won't be there which is fair enough.

1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Esan Marsters
4. Kevin Naiqama
5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
6. Tuimoala Lolohea
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods
9. Matt McIlwrick
10. Tim Grant ?
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Elijah Taylor
13. Matthew Eisenhuth
Interchange:
14. Alex Twal
15. Sauaso Sue
16. Michael Chee-Kam
17. Ava Seumanufagai
18. Josh Aloiai
19. Jj Felise
20. Joel Edwards
21. Jack Littlejohn

Include anyone of the following instead of the players crossed out for starters.
Then you have the 'depth players' for 2018 such as, 3, 4, 5, 10 & 16 and IC has a good starting point for the off season,

Liddle
Suli
Fonua
Gamble
Matulino
McQueen
Milne
Packer
Reynolds
Thompson

Tiger Ted

Bench
Can I be excited by a bench? Well when there's no Lovett, I can but as long as Chee-Kam can play like last week (perhaps his best game).

I think that the 2018 guys might be picked where possible in front of guys who won't be there which is fair enough.

1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Esan Marsters
4. Kevin Naiqama
5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
6. Tuimoala Lolohea
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods
9. Matt McIlwrick
10. Tim Grant ?
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Elijah Taylor
13. Matthew Eisenhuth
Interchange:
14. Alex Twal
15. Sauaso Sue
16. Michael Chee-Kam
17. Ava Seumanufagai
18. Josh Aloiai
19. Jj Felise
20. Joel Edwards
21. Jack Littlejohn

Include anyone of the following instead of the players crossed out for starters.
Then you have the 'depth players' for 2018 such as, 3, 4, 5, 10 & 16 and IC has a good starting point for the off season,

Liddle
Suli
Fonua
Gamble
Matulino
McQueen
Milne
Packer
Reynolds
Thompson
That squad will finish in bottom 4 in '18.

Clifferd

Coach
That squad will finish in bottom 4 in '18.

I see you aren't really confident about next year ted. I'll give you some valid points for next year though

1. We are competing with top 8 teams this year, despite our reserve grads standard team

2. Add in try scoring freak Fonua for MWZ/Naiqama not to mention a big body getting our sets rolling. Basically another forward

3. Milne/Suli centre combo. Basically I think this is make or break in how we go next year just behind Reynolds/Brooks, but potentially they could be lethal.

4. Hard working ethic of Reynolds. I watched Reynolds against Bulldogs, although they got pumped...he was in nearly every defensive play..applying kick pressure, chasing runners etc.

5. Packer & Matulino getting our sets rolling and generating fast play the balls

6. A full off-season with IC's squad (main point is it's finally his team)

Brooks is hot and cold but I reckon behind our team next year & an experienced Reynolds will see him have his best year yet

Shredder

Juniors
I agree with you Cliff - a team will always beat a couple of stars.
Ivan is building a well rounded team with a no dick head policy - how can you fault that?

And given that this is his first season with his team, lets just see how they go.

Im expecting us to be busy in the player market next year to - so dont get too attached to anyone!

Clifferd

Coach
Hard not to be positive next year, I think all of us WT fans were guilty of this season thinking Tedesco, Moses, Brooks & Woods were gonna take it to the next level. How wrong were we apart from round 1

BLN2

Juniors
Outsider looking in, looks like you are still a attacking second rower and a prop short for next season (like my Warriors, but we're 2+ props short). The centres look good attack wise, but we all know centres defence is the most important thing.

Tui at Fullback doesn't give me confidence, but he might come good..

Latest posts