What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 21 vs Wests Tigers @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 21: Knights v Wests Tigers

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swarzey

Bench
Hagan is 33% of the reason why we were in that state to begin with. The merkin can f**k off criticising the club. Absolute fraud of a coach who won a premiership off the back of another man's work.

Burwood

Bench
I’m sick of people getting stuck into King. He’s still recovering from his 20 odd minutes, 2 hit ups and 13m from last week.

Lay off the bloke.

Bartwah

Juniors
Who honestly expected us to be in the 8 this year anyways. Next year:
1) Ponga
2) Lee/SKD
3) ramien
4) Moga
5) Hunt?
Not the worst back 5 next year. Really need some props ASAP. In no grade should King be the starting prop

Spot On

Coach
He's been here three years. He has signed or re-signed every player on the field bar cogger. That excuse is stale.

I can not begin to dream that from the mess we were in to now, anyone could have built a side as strong as the top 6 to 8 rosters currently in the comp. That is simply pie in the sky stuff when you consider the difficulty and disadvantage we have of attracting top talent verses the Sydney clubs who get to play a merry go round with top talent because the players don't want to leave there.

Sure I think there are many things Brown could have done better but building a squad the strength and depth of the Roosters, Dragons, Broncos, Souths, Mlb, Cronulla etc in 3 seasons with this club aint realistically one of them.

Swarzey

Bench
Brown resigned players so we could actually field a team lmao. Like, lets actually acknowledge the f**king state the team was in. We had nobody better, we could not sign anyone better, we still cannot sign anyone better.

But hey, lets not let facts get in the way of a good narrative. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

slotmachine

First Grade
Yawn. You know what is realistic, making his players better. Apparently because Brown can't do that he needs to bring in the finished article.

For someone who appears to have a deep love affair with the Storm, he is the anti-Craig bellamy.

Oh, and good to see we're still blaming Bennett over 4 years since he left. Still a few miles left in that one I reckon.

Spot On

Coach
I agree with that sentiment Slots. I think that is very apparent in some cases.

However, even if some of the duds here had have improved do you believe we'd have a squad the strength and depth of Roosters, Souths, Mlb, Brisbane, Dragons, Cronulla, Penrith??

macavity

Referee
Hagan is 33% of the reason why we were in that state to begin with. The merkin can f**k off criticising the club. Absolute fraud of a coach who won a premiership off the back of another man's work.

He’s the Ricky Stuart of coaching

Burns

First Grade
*whispers more than anyone could*

Wayne Bennet took us one game from a Grand Final.

Brown has won 2x wooden spoons

``````

Now, getting that out of the way, our squad is awful. Dennis, King and Sio are not first grade standard. A few more players etc etc etc etc we probably go okay etc etc etc etc

macavity

Referee
*whispers more than anyone could*

Wayne Bennet took us one game from a Grand Final.

Brown has won 2x wooden spoons

``````

Now, getting that out of the way, our squad is awful. Dennis, King and Sio are not first grade standard. A few more players etc etc etc etc we probably go okay etc etc etc etc

We have first choice players that should be reserves, and reserves who should be playing local league.