What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 21 vs Wests Tigers @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 21: Knights v Wests Tigers

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mozza91

Coach
Levi isn’t garbage. He needs to make some adjustments to his game but he’s better than Liddle.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Levi isn’t garbage. He needs to make some adjustments to his game but he’s better than Liddle.

True, if he can learn to tackle, pass selection, kick and a general feel for the game he might become as good as Riley Brown was

mozza91

Coach
True, if he can learn to tackle, pass selection, kick and a general feel for the game he might become as good as Riley Brown was
He isn’t too bad defensively, his passing is normally quite good and Pearce does all the kicking.
Levi’s main weakness is that he’s pretty selfish with his ptions and runs the ball too often especially when we’re on the back foot and he needs to work on that.
He’s working hard to become an 80 minute player and it’ll take abit of time. He’s a much better player than Liddle.

perverse

Referee
There's a sizable gap between Levi's best and his worst. At his best he is a first grader, but we don't see it enough or for long periods of time. Greedy with the ball, seems to believe his own hype.

I missed the second half last night, sounds like there was a bit of a comeback mounted. Shame that Pearce is goneski again... was there any word on the coverage on how bad the injury might be?

Also I pretty much agree with slots that Brown hasn't shown much coaching chops since he got here. The more I watch us play, the more I think Darren Mooney deserves most of the credit for our direction. Not many of our players have improved under his tenure. Brown needs to show he can work with what he has and improve the team rather than wheeling out the same old excuses of not having the cattle, etc. If we don't fire next year, he's gotta go. Regardless of circumstance, you can't preside over half a decade of horrible shit and keep your job.

slotmachine

First Grade
Levi's defence is ordinary tbh. He makes a lot of tackles but he never controls the ball carrier, he's just there.

I'd like him a lot more if he never attempted a barge over again.

Vic Mackey

Referee
He’s obviously the better player. Levi has played for NZ. Godinet and an ancient Farah have been preferred to Liddle.

Well I guess he’s also better then Damien Cook & Bryson Goodwin is a better player then Latrell Mitchell and Addo Carr then

And not once has Godinet been preferred, only played ahead of him due to injury

Last edited:

Burwood

Bench
Because of Wests, I’m fairly confident Brown can be the guy the club needs steering the ship. They have the footy knowledge and financial clout to surround Brown with the key personnel needed. First priority, fill that defensive coach role with a top class candidate.

Yosh

Coach
What did everyone think of JJ? He was quite a bit smaller than I thought he would be. However, seems quite mobile and didn't get dominated in the tackle. Better than Yates, King and Lillyman?

Really liked Sione's work yesterday. Versatile and defended well. I hope we see him somewhere in the 17 next season.

I remember in the good old days, we used to see kickers on either side of the ruck. Leftie on the left and right foot kicker on the right. The opposition would be in two minds and the kickers would get much more time to find a good kick. We should have Ponga and Pearce on either side of the ruck every 5th tackle. Ponga's kicking game is good and getting better. A great weapon we aren't taking advantage of enough.

How many games have we had our spine on the field at the same time? Hopefully next season we can go 85% of games with the same spine of Ponga, Watson, Pearce and Levi.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
I thought Felise looked decent in limited minutes. 6 runs for 69 meters. Certainly rather see him next week then King. Would be happy to see Pasami Saulo get a chance in King’s place

Burwood

Bench
Levi needs a complete attitude adjustment.

You could see it all back in 2015 when the reserves won the NSW Cup grand final. Levi, Feeney, Ross, Mamo and Tapine all had this very arrogant attitude like their shit didn’t stink and it was hard to cheer them on at times. I remember thinking that Newton was meant to be there as the old head setting a good example, but he never seemed to pull them into line.

mozza91

Coach
You could see it all back in 2015 when the reserves won the NSW Cup grand final. Levi, Feeney, Ross, Mamo and Tapine all had this very arrogant attitude like their shit didn’t stink and it was hard to cheer them on at times. I remember thinking that Newton was meant to be there as the old head setting a good example, but he never seemed to pull them into line.
This is bring pretty harsh to be honest. Mamo was the only who the change was noticeable with. He carried on like a total dickhead at times.

Tapine was and is abit of a loose cannon on the field but that was there well before 2015. Feeney and Levi I had no issue with.

Ross is a massive lair and seems to have gotten too big for his boots over the last 12 months but I couldn’t see any signs of it 2015.

Latest posts