What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Panthers @ Pepper Stadium

Who will win? Round 22: Panthers v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 22
Penrith Panthers v Wests Tigers
Pepper Stadium, Penrith (TICKETS)
Sunday 6 August 2017

Gates 1:30pm / NYC 1:45pm / NRL 4pm (Ch9/FOX)

PEN-17teamlist.jpg

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Josh Mansour 3. Tyrone Peachey 4. Waqa Blake 5. Dallin Watene Zelezniak 6. Tyrone May 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Peter Wallace 10. Regan Campbell-Gillard 11. Corey Harawira 12. Isaah Yeo 13. Moses Leota
Interchange: 14. Sione Katoa 15. Bryce Cartwright 16. Tim Browne 17. James Fisher-Harris 18. Matt Moylan 19. Dean Whare 20. Viliame Kikau 21. Sitaleki Akauola

WST-17teamlist.jpg

1. James Tedesco 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Esan Marsters 4. Kevin Naiqama 5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 6. Tuimoala Lolohea 7. Luke Brooks 8. Aaron Woods 9. Matt McIlwrick 10. Tim Grant 11. Chris Lawrence 12. Elijah Taylor 13. Matthew Eisenhuth
Interchange: 14. Alex Twal 15. Sauaso Sue 16. Michael Chee-Kam 17. Jack Littlejohn 18. Josh Aloiai 19. Jj Felise 20. Joel Edwards 21. Ava Seumanufagai

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Yellow.jpg

Referees: Gavin Badger, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Phil Henderson
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Ben Cummins

NYC - Sun 1:45pm at Pepper

ISP - Wests Tigers host Norths (Rabbitohs) at Leichhardt, Sat 3pm
Panthers BYE​

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiger05

First Grade
I think I've tipped every week that we are going to win by 13+ and it was actually right last week. It'll be interesting how we perform this week.

Shredder

Juniors
This week is actually a good game to see how we are tracking.
Not that it matters, we will have virtually a completely new team this week.

But will be interesting.

Clifferd

Coach
Probably the hardest game we have left in the season.

Edit: oh wait we play the Roosters aswell

Penrith won't gift us the possession the Schoolies did.

I think they will get us but if we show commitment in defence like we did against GC I will be very happy.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I can feel an upset coming. Panthers have their season on the line and Tigers have nothing but pride to play for.

I can see Panthers coming into this thinking they will have an easy win, then when they are trailing by 6 they just completely freak out and lose the match in a thriller.

Tigers by 2

Tiger Ted

Bench
I can feel an upset coming. Panthers have their season on the line and Tigers have nothing but pride to play for.

I can see Panthers coming into this thinking they will have an easy win, then when they are trailing by 6 they just completely freak out and lose the match in a thriller.

Tigers by 2
I hope we get Suli back this week as I'm quite confident we can throw a spanner into the works re Penrith endeavour to qualify for the 8!

So no Suli.
Why does Littlejohn make the 17? Backup 9, 6 or 7 I assume.

I would have thought an extra forward is what is needed against the Panther forwards,

Anyonne of the 18, Josh Aloiai, 19 JJ Felise, & 21 Ava Seumanufagai would have been in my reserves.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
MM basically played the whole games against the Titans so he has it in him.

IC should have Ava or another big unit on the bench and if something happens to MM slot Taylor in there as an emergency backup.

Truth is we should be trying to get MM up to 80 minutes this year when there is no pressure on results. If MM can go 80 on a regular basis run four big guys on the bench next year. MM isn't the greatest 9 going round but he plays tough and I think he fits the style we will be looking for next year.

Clifferd

Coach
Surely no littlejohn & Ava comes on. Wonder why Ava is so out of favour these days?

I have a feeling littlejohn was there last week just incase mm couldn't handle the 80 but I think we all know he can now

I'd be happy with any of Felise, Aloiai, Ava over lj. Surely common sense prevails

Perth Tiger

Bench
I wonder how Ava's attitude has been around the club. I have no idea but given he is leaving and has basically been dumped now I would image pretty shit. I guess Woods and Teddy are too important to the team but if so it is good to see IC making an example

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Surely no littlejohn & Ava comes on. Wonder why Ava is so out of favour these days?

I have a feeling littlejohn was there last week just incase mm couldn't handle the 80 but I think we all know he can now

I'd be happy with any of Felise, Aloiai, Ava over lj. Surely common sense prevails

Maybe the fun guy is on the outer because hes leaving and IC is looking towards 2018..
Hard to drop any forwards from last week though.
Fun guy will be in the final 17 i think...

Clifferd

Coach
Maybe the fun guy is on the outer because hes leaving and IC is looking towards 2018..
Hard to drop any forwards from last week though.
Fun guy will be in the final 17 i think...

Tbh even an unmotivated fun guy is better than a 5 min littlejohn, but ya I get the point

Tiger05

First Grade
I was hoping to see Suli there. I suppose you can err on the side of caution as the season is over but Suli makes a difference to the team.

Clifferd

Coach
He's been expected to be back the last 3 weeks or so. I suppose his particular injury is a gamble though