What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 23: Eels v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knightmare

Coach
Regardless of today's result, I was looking at the Tigers last round match against the Warriors at Leichardt and hoping it wouldn't come down to that...

The Titans, Bulldogs and Warriors have all pretty much checked out for the season by now, with their F/A being mined away each weekend and Knights are only 2 wins behind them.

...So I expect all three teams to perform amazing, miracle come-from-behind wins in the next couple of weeks, while it's back to business as usual with the Knights being dudded against Captain Cleanskin and The Untouchables, Ricky's Raiders and the Sharks...

*Edit* Just checked and of course, Bulldogs and Titans play each other in a fortnight...

Is it just me, or do Knights always get the Storm and another top 4 side in the last few weeks?

Last edited:

Knightmare

Coach
I'm calling it-

Knights won't beat the Storm next weekend, but I reckon they'll get over the Raiders and the Sharks. Knights have done fairly well against Canberra in more recent times and were unlucky to lose in golden point to them last year. Against Cronulla we're at home on Old Boys Day- I reckon they'll pip the Sharks. This would put them on 18 points, and the Tigers drubbing of the Warriors that Sunday evening on the 3rd may just offload the spoon to Auckland for the first time...

Glendale

Juniors
Bulldogs won't win another game.

So if Lamb hadn't shanked our chance to beat them, we'd be on equal wins with them right now and a fair chance to go above them. Now we need to win 2 more to overtake them and the Tigers, who will most likely beat the Warriors at Leichhardt, you'd think.

So basically... it's all Lamb's fault.

Knightmare

Coach
If Bulldogs don't win another game, I reckon it's between them and the Warriors for the spoon. Knights to go 2/3...

Zoidberg

First Grade

So if Lamb hadn't shanked our chance to beat them, we'd be on equal wins with them right now and a fair chance to go above them. Now we need to win 2 more to overtake them and the Tigers, who will most likely beat the Warriors at Leichhardt, you'd think.

Don't forget that Aku try against Manly. So close to being up to 7 wins for the season so far.

Glendale

Juniors
Don't forget that Aku try against Manly. So close to being up to 7 wins for the season so far.

And plus all the other games that we shoulda/coulda/woulda/threw away. While the ladder might not end up showing it, we'll be prouder of our season then the Bulldogs/Warriors and Titans will be.

To counteract this argument, we did put in our worst performance of the season in arguably the biggest game, vs Tigers.

Old dog

Juniors

Harsh, shank kick would only level not win and he has got us home in recent games.

Glendale

Juniors
Harsh, shank kick would only level not win and he has got us home in recent games.

Was more referring to the kick into Mbye's legs. Ofcourse, my post was sarcastic and ironic as Lamb has played a major part in our victories since that game.

Latest posts