What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Panthers @ Panthers Stadium

Who will win? Round 23: Panthers v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 23
Penrith Panthers v Newcastle Knights
Panthers Stadium, Penrith (TICKETS)
Saturday 18 August 2018

Gates 10:45am / Flegg 11am / ISP 12:45pm / NRL 3pm

TL-PEN18.png

1. Tyrone Peachey 2. Josh Mansour 3. Waqa Blake 4. Dean Whare 5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 6. Tyrone May 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Sione Katoa 10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Isaah Yeo 13. James Fisher-Harris
Interchange: 14. Wayde Egan 15. Trent Merrin 16. Corey Harawira-Naera 17. Moses Leota 18. Kaide Ellis 19. Christian Crichton 20. Adam Keighran 21. Liam Martin

TL-NEW18.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Ken Sio 3. Sione Mata'utia 4. Cory Denniss 5. Shaun Kenny-dowall 6. Jack Cogger 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Herman Ese'ese 9. Danny Levi 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Aidan Guerra
Interchange: 14. Jamie Buhrer 15. Chris Heighington 16. Pasami Saulo 17. Jj Felise 18. Nicholas Meaney 19. Josh King 20. Brodie Jones 21. Luke Yates

REF-YELLOW-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins, Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis, Liam Nicholls
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Bryan Norrie

Feeder clubs
PANTHERS & KNIGHTS (NSWRL)
SAT
Panthers v Knights @ Panthers, Flegg 11am / ISP 12:45pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

Yosh

Coach
Since now there are only a couple of games left in the season and most of us have had our hopes and dreams from the start of the season smashed into smithereens... What would you consider a solid or successful end to the season?

Personally, I'd be okay with just one more win and not getting the spoon. However, I'd want us to compete the whole 80 minutes in all the remaining matches. What about you guys?

Swarzey

Bench
Before people get carried away, despite coming back from behind they've played absolutely shithouse against Manly, Canberra and Titans. They might finally have a consistent game but we're always a chance if they repeat the last 3 weeks.

Knight Vision

First Grade
some luck with injuries would have seen a very different season for us, but still lack the consistency of a mature team. This will come over time I hope.

I think we'll get 1 more win this season but doubt this game will be it.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Yeah he’s been dreadful over the last month or so, missing tackles left right and centre as well as errors, intercept passes etc. they’ll probably bring in some gun junior looking for an opportunity who carves us up.

macavity

Referee
Yeah he’s been dreadful over the last month or so, missing tackles left right and centre as well as errors, intercept passes etc. they’ll probably bring in some gun junior looking for an opportunity who carves us up.

Yeah, they aren’t relying on Cogger and Lamb. They have two of the three best reserve halves in the comp.

Haffa

Before people get carried away, despite coming back from behind they've played absolutely shithouse against Manly, Canberra and Titans. They might finally have a consistent game but we're always a chance if they repeat the last 3 weeks.
We are exactly the type of team they need to play to get back into some form.

Still Nutty

Juniors
I don't see us bothering Penrith too much at home, I'm afraid. We need to up and maintain a completion rate and have at least 50% possession to even be in the game....I live in hope:rolleyes:

Frederick

Staff member
TEAM

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Ken Sio
3. Sione Mata'utia
4. Cory Dennis
5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6. Jack Cogger
7. Mitchell Pearce :copyright:
8. Herman Ese'ese
9. Danny Levi
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12. Mitchell Barnett
13. Aidan Guerra

14. Jamie Buhrer :copyright:
15. Chris Heighington
16. Pasami Saulo
17. JJ Felise

18. Nick Meaney
19. Josh King
20. Brodie Jones
21. Luke Yates

Lamb left right out

Swarzey

Bench
We are exactly the type of team they need to play to get back into some form.

Could have said that about the Titans last week, Titans played just as poorly, gave Penrith every opportunity and yet, they barely got past them.

Could have said that about Canberra the week beforehand. Oh and Manly too.

But they weren't played back into form against all 3 of them. Could they click? Sure, they're a good side when they have their shit together, but that logic - not just one thrown by you but a lot of people here - is pretty poor this week.

Dave_

Juniors
Penrith is exactly the type of side that can/will put 100 on us. Big, strong, fast, second phase, talent across the park...all of which we don't have. Sadly, I think Maloney out only makes it harder for us.

We've got Dennis, Sio and Cogger...smh...and all the herpa derp of SKD and Levi...and Mitch Barnett-Tolar. Ponga and Pearce carrying injuries and looking cooked too...

I'll be surprised if I haven't turned it off after 15 minutes. Should be an absolute bloodbath of the highest order and at this point idgaf (I really do..)

Old dog

Juniors
Penrith is exactly the type of side that can/will put 100 on us. Big, strong, fast, second phase, talent across the park...all of which we don't have. Sadly, I think Maloney out only makes it harder for us.

We've got Dennis, Sio and Cogger...smh...and all the herpa derp of SKD and Levi...and Mitch Barnett-Tolar. Ponga and Pearce carrying injuries and looking cooked too...

I'll be surprised if I haven't turned it off after 15 minutes. Should be an absolute bloodbath of the highest order and at this point idgaf (I really do..)
But do you give the Knights a chance, are we in it, could this be an upset, come on be honest with me, I can take it.