What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Sea Eagles @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 23: Wests Tigers v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
Clifferd - this is what I think is probably going on as well. JLJ may be required simply as a backup option in case anything happens to a couple of players.

Clifferd

Coach
Clifferd - this is what I think is probably going on as well. JLJ may be required simply as a backup option in case anything happens to a couple of players.

Still isn't good enough imho.

Shit happens but I reckon teddy could fill in the halves in a pinch. Put Naiqama back at fullback etc

Chee Kam fills in centres.

Only hypothetical anyway, every single one of those 17 that run out are equal chance of injury.

If Mcillwrick goes down, shift ET/Chee Kam to hooker

If Brooks goes down, shift teddy into the halves.

Make use of the 17 players you have..

Tigerm

First Grade
This is the answer I got from a reliable source

I've heard that both Brooks and McIlwrick are carrying injuries into games.
Brooks gets his hamstring needled every week, while McIlwrick has a knee problem that is "can't get worse, but needs off season surgery".
He's the backup for both.

Could be true I guess. But basically says we are heavily disadvantaged and Cleary is happy to play with 16 men every game
If MM is injured, wonder why they are not playing Liddle, I mean the season is already over for us.

Tiger05

First Grade
Liddle is injured as well.

Clifferd that is a lot of changes that can be avoided with JLJ on the bench. I'm not stating he is a good option and I'd go with 4 forwards but I can understand where Cleary is coming from.

Tiger Ted

Bench
We should have another forward on the bench instead of the very ordinary JLJ.

I know Ava is leaving & it shouldn't b a reason to b on the outer but it seems odd that he isn't in the 17.

Clifferd

Coach
We should have another forward on the bench instead of the very ordinary JLJ.

I know Ava is leaving & it shouldn't b a reason to b on the outer but it seems odd that he isn't in the 17.

I'd rather have Ava there over woods. Ava has shown a lot more courtesy despite leaving

Unless there's something going on closed doors..

Trollhammaren

Juniors
JLJ did not even get on to the field in the last game, and got 2-3 minutes in the game prior.

I'd take a punt on another forward, but eh, suppose the coach knows what he's doing.

Clifferd

Coach
I'm almost certain most coaches are in the same situation and take the punt. But yes, can see where IC is coming from

macnaz

Staff member
Fair enough , still thought there must be a better option.
A needled up Brooks may explain his poor short kicking game atm , because i cant ever remember him being so bad.

simmo05

Bench
Geez knights are doing alright, its going to be an exciting race to avoid the spoon! The travesty will be, we would have got the spoon late. We needed it 3-4 years ago. The way the knights are going, we are a real f**king chance

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Geez knights are doing alright, its going to be an exciting race to avoid the spoon! The travesty will be, we would have got the spoon late. We needed it 3-4 years ago. The way the knights are going, we are a real f**king chance
Simmo
I reckon we will be safe
I predict us to beat Cowboys and warriors rounds 25 and 26

Leichhardt Oval v Manly who we have a good record against there in recent times, hopefully that and a sunny afternoon with many supporters will see the team home and stay ahead of the Knights.

Latest posts