Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Sea Eagles @ Leichhardt Oval

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by LeagueUnlimited News, Aug 6, 2017.

?

Who will win? Round 23: Wests Tigers v Sea Eagles

Poll closed Aug 13, 2017.
  1. Wests Tigers 13+

22.2%
  2. Wests Tigers 1-12

22.2%
  3. Draw after Golden Point

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

33.3%
  5. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

22.2%
  1. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

I was actually saying at the game when Sue went on that he could struggle to make the 17 next season.He scored a significant try 2day but he has had an ordinary season.

Clifferd and Vic Mackey like this.
  2. Vozzy

Vozzy Juniors

It was the best game Lolahea has had for us he looked real dangerous.

Clifferd and Vic Mackey like this.
  3. roboshark

roboshark Coach

And we are eternally grateful

But he is plaging like a busted at the moment

4. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

My best 3 today were probably Lolohea, Nofoaluma and then MCK/ET

I reckon MCK had his best ever game for us. 80 mins strong in the backrow.

Lolohea will be awesome at fullback next year where all he has to do is run.

Nofas two intercepts changed the game, was strong out of our end and to me his passion lifts us. Him and JRey will combine well on the right next year.

ET, man he is the ultimate professional. Played right edge, middle then Hooker and never missed a beat.

Honestly though the best part of the win was that Teddy and Woods contributed sweet fa to it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  5. Marshall_magic

Marshall_magic Coach

Important win, if we can jag a win against the Warriors in round 26 that will be enough to avoid the spoon. The Cows are also beatable in round 25. Newcastle can probably only fluke one more win so worst case scenario is we finish equal on points (Melbourne should sort out their differential next week). One more win puts us on equal points with the Titans, Bulldogs and Warriors who are all dire.

6. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

Apparently Sue shed a heap of weight in the off season as Taylor wanted to make him into an 80 minute edge player. I think it's obvious he is much better suited to the middle.

Hopefully he can beef back up over the off season. I think he and Eisenhuth will compete for the 13 next year with the other from the bench

Tiger05 likes this.
  7. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

Thought Aloiai was great in his first game back after a long injury lay off, f*#k me our pack is going to have some competition for spots next year...

benched tiger and Tiger05 like this.
  8. Tiger05

Tiger05 Bench

I rate Aloiai highly. I'd have him in my team every week. I'd play him up the middle as well. I reckon Eisenhuth will struggle to make the team next year.

9. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

Nah Eiso is a must for me in the back row/lock even off the bench

Strong worker. Reminds me of Liam Fulton but even bigger and you need those blokes in your team

leaguelegend21 likes this.
  10. The Charlatan

The Charlatan First Grade

Eisenhuth is a tailor made modern day 13. Huge motor, does heaps of work and pretty solid defensively. Got a good offload too.

Clifferd likes this.
  11. The Charlatan

The Charlatan First Grade

On the win, good to keep pressure on the Knights to avoid the spoon.

I'm of two minds about it. I absolutely don't want to win it, but it would be a fitting send off for Woods and Tedesco.

Of all the teams that deserve the spoon I think it's the Warriors. The Kiwi international spine and still cannot compete. They've been absolute dog shit this year for the amount of talent they boast. There's a chance we'll jump the Titans, Warriors and Dogs if they continue to bottle it too. Hinges on beating the Cowboys and Warriors (we'll need to give the Warriors a shellacking to jump them if we end up on even comp points.) We could well finish 12th (while in itself a shit house result, reflective of our efforts in the second half of the year is much better than 15th or 16th.)

Titans have Easts, Parra and Canterbury; Dogs have Manly, Titans, Saints and Warriors have Manly, Bunnies and us.

12. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

Watching the 2 tries by Uate, MW-Z and his efforts reminded me that he did play union and they were typically union type efforts rather than using the shoulder/body to smash him to the sideline.

And, how good would it have been for Suli to be part of that 2nd half? great for his development and confidence going forward.

And I am warming to Naiqama all the more (gee must be going soft in my old age) and yes I know plenty of players do this type of thing but it shows us the type of guy he is and he is an improved player.
    http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017/08/13/naiqama_s_incredible.html

13. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

Chances r that Woods will experience being a wooden spooner at Belmore !!

14. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

Naiqama's dramatic improvement exemplifies the superiority IC has as a coach over the imbecile Taylor !

15. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Juniors

I saw Kev after the game walking all over the ground, obviously looking for someone in the crowd. It might not have been the woman in the story as he probably knew where she was, so there might have been other people he wanted to say hello to. Great guy.

16. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

Does anyone else notice that MCK plays really well in back row but bog average at centre?

I really don't want to see his career at the Tigers dicked around by moving back and forward from centre. Given his performance I'd like to see him stay in back row

BuffaloRules likes this.
  17. Shredder

Shredder Juniors

Agreed BrotherJim -

Hopefully next year with some depth, the guys can just stay in their preferred positions all season.

18. Tiger05

Tiger05 Bench

That would be great.

19. super_coach

super_coach Bench

The Huth will be a walk up start next year, he is a tall backrower something we have lacked for years. He can get a offload away, he can ball play and he will toil all game. He has been a revelation along Twal