Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Cowboys @ Campbelltown Stadium

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by LeagueUnlimited News, Aug 20, 2017.

?

Who will win? Round 25: Wests Tigers v Cowboys

Poll closed Aug 25, 2017.
  1. Wests Tigers 13+

36.4%
  2. Wests Tigers 1-12

36.4%
  3. Draw after Golden Point

9.1%
  4. North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. North Queensland Cowboys 13+

18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeagueUnlimited News

LeagueUnlimited News Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

NRL 2017 - Round 25
    Wests Tigers v North Queensland Cowboys
    Campbelltown Stadium, Leumeah (TICKETS)
    Friday 25 August 2017

Gates 5:30pm / NYC 5:35pm / NRL 7:50pm (Ch9/FOX)

[​IMG]

1. James Tedesco 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Esan Marsters 4. Kevin Naiqama 5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 6. Tuimoala Lolohea 7. Luke Brooks 8. Aaron Woods 9. Matt McIlwrick 10. Tim Grant 11. Michael Chee-Kam 12. Josh Aloiai 13. Matthew Eisenhuth
    Interchange: 14. Alex Twal 15. Sauaso Sue 16. Bayley Sironen 17. Jack Littlejohn 18. Joel Edwards 19. Ava Seumanufagai 20. Jj Felise 21. Watson Heleta

[​IMG]

1. Ben Hampton 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Javid Bowen 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Michael Morgan 8. Corey Jensen 9. Jake Granville 10. Scott Bolton 11. Coen Hess 12. Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo
    Interchange: 14. John Asiata 15. Shane Wright 16. Patrick Mago 17. Shaun Fensom 18. Gavin Cooper 19. Lachlan Coote 20. Kyle Laybutt 21. Enari Tuala

[​IMG]

Referees: Ben Cummins, Chris Sutton
    Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Kasey Badger
    Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Luke Patten

NYC - Fri 5:35pm at Campbelltown

ISP (WT) - away to Warriors at Mt Smart, Sun 11:45am AEST (FOX)

ISC (Cowboys) - Pride host Redcliffe (Broncos) at Barlow Park, Sat 5:30pm
    Mackay host Souths Logan (Broncos) at BB Print, Sat 6pm
    Townsville away to Falcons (Storm) at Sunshine Coast, Sun 1:40pm​

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2017
  2. Tigers1986

Tigers1986 Juniors

This game will be tough. Cowboys are desperate to stay in the finals, we might get complacent against a less capable team. We've performed really well the last month but have still been very scratchy. If Teddy fires, Wests will win easily.

Hopefully for Teddy and Woodsy's farewell to C'town they pull a good/decent crowd.

3. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

Danger game. On recent form we should account for them pretty easily but you never know

Us by 12

4. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

Normally I'd b very confident in Sydney games v cowboys.However they've lost with dignity over the last month & a no. of games injuries have cost them any chance to win.They will throw everything at us due to there precarious position in the 8.This should b a nail-biter.

5. super_coach

super_coach Bench

If Brooks is fit and his hammy is okay we should win. We have had a good run against the Cows, but with JLJ playing no7 we come back to the field in a hurry. I know Brooks is a bit up and down but he is miles ahead of JLJ

Vic Mackey likes this.
  6. The Charlatan

The Charlatan First Grade

No disrespect to the Cowboys but I think we've got them. They've lost their last four and they've leaked points of late (granted by Melbourne, Penrith, Cronulla and Easts.)

We beat them with Thurston, we should get them without him. I'm confident we'll do well.

7. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

We certainly have had the wood on them in Sydney however I've watched there games over the last month & there results belie there form.Additionally there form away from Townsville has been a lot better than in the past.We can definitely win it but I'm not as confident as I have been in the past particularly in games at Leichhardt against them !

8. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

Mail is Morgan will be out but Coote and Cooper(?) I think will be back

Plus Hess and Taumololo. Still a dangerous team on paper but so were the roosters and we nearly beat them

9. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

No matter who bad or injury depleted we are we always beat the cowboys. Our random rushing up out of nowhere defence has always troubled Thurston.

Now they're injury depleted and playing poorly, whereas we're going alright, so knowing us we'll stink it up and lose.

super_coach likes this.
  10. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

Bayley Sironen debuting off the bench...interesting

Didn't see that coming

11. Tigerm

Tigerm Juniors

Yes, I know who he is, but nothing about his footy, he obviously has some talent, can anyone give any info on him.

12. Tiger Woody

Tiger Woody Juniors

Lawrence out,Taylor out.......maybe giving him a chance to see what he's got

13. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

I'm really looking forward to seeing how young siro handles the big time on his debut.Well done IC for giving the kid a shot at home late in season.

14. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

Hopefully he has a stronger work ethic than his sluggish brother.

15. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

It's irrelevant to whether he is cutting it in grade but people I know involved in the Balmain juniors were all of the belief that he had more potential than his brother.I hope it's a case of the apple not falling far from the tree in the case of Bayley's NRL future at WT.

16. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

The thing with me regarding Sironen the Younger is, he started the year in the back row so you'd assume he is strong enough/tough enough but then he's played more 5/8 but has he progressed? IC has persevered with LittleJohn in the 17 so is that an indication as to where Sironen the Younger is?

Or has he just kept him away from 1st grade for his own good ? surely not, because playing reserves and getting smashed each week by 30 and 40 would be no good for his confidence.

Interesting and I hope he gets a run and goes OK.

17. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

Haven't been able to notice him much because our nsw cup side is diabolical but I remember him dominating at u20s level in 16'

Good move by ic anyway, nothing to lose and could uncover a real talent in the process

18. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

Pretty sure he made u20s Blues side in 16', although could be wrong...remember him getting some sort of rep homie

Rated higher than his brother was anyway

19. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

Don't rate Bayley at all. Small, limited skills and not quick. Does go hard but to me he's another Lovett.

I heard an interview with the Sg ball coach who had woods, brooks, Moses, sirox2 and he did say Bayley was the toughest out of all of them. Probably not the biggest wrap considering that company but it's something I guess.

20. Tiger Woody

Tiger Woody Juniors

Think he's off contract this year Vic,so maybe IC is seeing if he's worth re signing.

Where is Lovett these days anyway?

Vic Mackey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.