What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 26 vs Raiders @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 26: Wests Tigers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
Raiders leading 40 to 10, with 10mins to go it's all over for another year.

They are huge.

What's that, 112 points scored against us by the Raiders this year?

2nd worst defence in competition doesn't help but that is one hell of a point to consider and point at when analysing the season and the coaches performance.

Front-Rower

First Grade
It was extremely hard for us to compete today when they just ran over the top of us at will. It kind of reminded me of the day we played Parramatta and Teflon had Danny Galea at prop...

Clifferd

Coach
Yep they are huge.

It's funny even in a professional sport you can be heavily disadvantaged just because they have mountain men that physically run over the top of you and Whack hard in defense, whilst still being on a level playing field etc 17 vs 17

The only team that seems to be able to combat this is Melbourne whilst they don't have the biggest team are good in the wrestle and are just general smart defenders

Shredder

Juniors
That was like Australia playing against Newcastle.

Its just horrible they couldnt man up better with all that was at stake.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I'm sure JT and the rest of the brains trust will learn and get this Raiders weakness under control for next year.

They have kept Rainken on the squad right for 2017?

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm sure JT and the rest of the brains trust will learn and get this Raiders weakness under control for next year.

They have kept Rainken on the squad right for 2017?
He said in the presser, that "this result was a good lesson for us to take into the future" (or words to that effect), I still hope his contract was a top 8 stipulation and he will punted tomorrow.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Honestly I didn't think our forwards were that bad. To me it was the backs, their backs look like props and made ours like like SG Ball players. Every time they went two passes wide they made a break. It was embarrassing.

The whole occasion got to them. As soon as Simona kicked off out on the full I knew it wasn't our day. I think we completed 1 of our first 5 sets. Basic errors we hadn't made in ages.

All in all a terrible end to what was a pretty positive season IMO

Tiger05

First Grade
Honestly I didn't think our forwards were that bad. To me it was the backs, their backs look like props and made ours like like SG Ball players. Every time they went two passes wide they made a break. It was embarrassing.

The whole occasion got to them. As soon as Simona kicked off out on the full I knew it wasn't our day. I think we completed 1 of our first 5 sets. Basic errors we hadn't made in ages.

All in all a terrible end to what was a pretty positive season IMO

Our forwards didn't do a good job though did they. You are right though that they have big strong fast outside backs. Simona was really poor as well.

I think Canberra are a team that can be contained though because most of their skill comes from their dummy half.

Tiger05

First Grade
He said in the presser, that "this result was a good lesson for us to take into the future" (or words to that effect), I still hope his contract was a top 8 stipulation and he will punted tomorrow.

He will be here next year. It's sad but people will think we've had a good year this year.

BuffaloRules

Coach
The outside backs need major overhaul... Not sure who the other options are... Don't think they are at the club at the moment...

Simona has had a disappointing year but he is our best centre/ winger at the club... That's a concern given his form this year...

FootynRacing

Juniors
This team lacks serious leadership !!! There was a point in the first half when the boys were standing behind the posts for a Raiders conversion after they were a few tries in front and no one was even talking.
It was a point where they needed a leader to lay down the law, tell them to slow things down, complete your sets, get the stupid mistakes out of the game because a finals spot was on the line... But nothing.
Woods might be well liked and respected among the team but he isn't really captain material in my opinion.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well we did claim some record, sort of yesterday.

Tigers are now equal third for conceding the most points against one side in a regular season.

Easts (1935) scored 152 v Canterbury in 2 games
St George (1935) scored 125 v Canterbury in 2 games
Warriors (2006) scored 112 v Souths in 2 games
Canberra (2016) scored 112 v Wests Tigers in 2 games
Manly (1973) scored 111 v Penrith in 2 games
Easts (1935) scored 110 v Norths in 2 games
Canberra (2008) scored 110 v Canterbury in 2 games
Balmain (1920) scored 109 v University in 2 games
Parramatta (1983) scored 108 v Newtown in 2 games
Warriors (2014) scored 108 v Canberra in 2 games
St George (1959) scored 107 v Parramatta in 2 games
Melbourne (1999) scored 106 v Wests in 2 games
St.George-Illawarra (2002) scored 106 v Souths in 2 games
Manly (1988) scored 104 v Parramatta in 2 games
Canberra (1999) scored 102 v Wests in 2 games
Easts (1935) scored 101 v University in 2 games
Warriors (2001) scored 100 v Penrith in 2 games

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Well we did claim some record, sort of yesterday.

Tigers are now equal third for conceding the most points against one side in a regular season.

Easts (1935) scored 152 v Canterbury in 2 games
St George (1935) scored 125 v Canterbury in 2 games
Warriors (2006) scored 112 v Souths in 2 games
Canberra (2016) scored 112 v Wests Tigers in 2 games

So I'm part of a small club of people still living who saw the pair of any of the listed games...

FML