What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Broncos @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 3: Wests Tigers v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger Ted

Bench
McQueen doesn’t look match fit just yet to me
I didn’t realise coz I haven’t been able to watch the magpie games.Nonetheless hes to good a player to not fight his way back to our top 17 once his match fit.Geez it’s good to have quality depth.

Clifferd

Coach
He does seem a little scared in contact still. Expected after a serious neck injury, but his confidence will grow after more 80 min games in NSW Cup

The bloke holding his position in NRL Rochow is doing fckin awesome though

Vozzy

Juniors
If Elijah Taylor is say 60% chance of playing I would still not risk it now we have won 2 games. We have depth now for someone to fill in for a one off game rather then risk further injury that could sideline him for say a month. Also if Lolahea is fit I don't mind if he comes came via the utility spot.

super_coach

First Grade
We need a workaholic to replace Taylor, I guess MCK will be first cab off the ranks but I would like to see JJ get a call up, plays with a lot of energy and got a good motor

BrotherJim05

Bench
Huth has been playing like a prop but I reckon this week he will be asked to play a more workhorse role. I would love to see Sue or JJ on the bench and we just absolutely monster Broncos up the middle!

Tiger Ted

Bench
Huth has been playing like a prop but I reckon this week he will be asked to play a more workhorse role. I would love to see Sue or JJ on the bench and we just absolutely monster Broncos up the middle!
I would’ve preferred JJ but I’m surprised to c he’s on bench in reserve grade.I have a feeling Sue will b in 17 instead of Chee-Kam.

Tiger05

First Grade
I would’ve preferred JJ but I’m surprised to c he’s on bench in reserve grade.I have a feeling Sue will b in 17 instead of Chee-Kam.

I reckon Ivan will play MCK because he has been really good. I'd go with JJ though as well.

You can't though criticise IC at the moment because he has been so good. I hope we sign him up on a long term contract.

super_coach

First Grade
Wet track Friday night will help us, You would expect our Kiwi front rowers would be good mud runners and it will negate the speed of Roberts and Milford.
Being a very negative person by nature I think Brisbane will get the bacon, but if its wet I think our chance will improve out of sight

Tiger Ted

Bench
It seems obvious that Bird will play.Hopefully we can keep him quiet the way Suli did when he played all over him at Leichhardt last season v Cronulla.

As an aside although I intensely dislike the dogs it’s nice to c Benji’s brother earning a spot in starting team.Good luck to him re his future.I was extremely impressed with his debut v warriors @ the 8th wonder in Rd 26 last yr.He will certainly give the dogs a much better return on investment than Shazza !

Clifferd

Coach
Wet track Friday night will help us, You would expect our Kiwi front rowers would be good mud runners and it will negate the speed of Roberts and Milford.
Being a very negative person by nature I think Brisbane will get the bacon, but if its wet I think our chance will improve out of sight

I really hope we can construct a few tries, not used to seeing us score a try a game haha

Vic Mackey

Referee

Agree wet track favors us imo. Benjis kicking game has been good and in particular his, brooks and even Lawrence’s short kicks have hit the mark. Neither Milford nor nikorima have great long kicking games. If we can turn it into a real trench warfare through the forwards and field position I’ll back us all day.

mepelthwack

Juniors
Look I hope I don’t jinx us but I personally just don’t rate the Broncos and I would be extremely disappointed if we lose at home to them, under any circumstances or weather conditions, based on the first 2 weeks of this years premiership.

To me they were extremely lucky to get away with the win against the Cowboys and only got away with it besides that upright because (A) the comeback factor, which all sides benefit from in the NRL to some extent or on some occasions after a loss and (B) they lift for this falsely perceived local derby thing.

If anything, this lucky Broncos win works in our favour imo, they will be less desperate and (A) as in previous paragraph can no longer apply.

Clifferd

Coach
I read a stat we have never beaten the broncos at Campbelltown

And we’ve only ever beaten them 5 times out of 20?

I found that weird I thought our record was a lot better

Vic Mackey

Referee
I read a stat we have never beaten the broncos at Campbelltown

And we’ve only ever beaten them 5 times out of 20?

I found that weird I thought our record was a lot better

Nah Brisbane always belt us mate. From memory they’ve generally got us at times we’ve had a heap of guys out. The only wins I can think of:

* at suncorp in 03, benjis 2nd game
* semi at sfs
* Chris Lawrence debut in 06
* in 11 minus Origin players
* in 15 minus Origin players

Interesting 4 of the wins at Brisbane, only win in Sydney was in a final

BrotherJim05

Bench
One thing we have to keep in mind is that the Broncos won't underestimate us like Roosters and Storm did. Roosters thought they would destroy us and made a number if crucial errors. Storm thought they could out grind us and then run away with it but again, came up with errors at crucial times out of frustration.

Broncos will not be playing like it will be a walk in the park. They will come ready to grind it out with us and play it safe.