What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Panthers @ Pepper Stadium

Who will win? Round 3: Panthers v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Roosters 1-12

• Sydney Roosters 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 3
Penrith Panthers v Sydney Roosters
Pepper Stadium, Penrith (TICKETS)
Saturday 18 March 2017

Gates 4:30pm / NYC 4:45pm / NRL 7pm

PEN-17teamlist.jpg

1. Matt Moylan 2. Dean Whare 3. Waqa Blake 4. Tyrone Peachey 5. Dylan Edwards 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Peter Wallace 10. Regan Campbell-Gillard 11. Bryce Cartwright 12. Isaah Yeo 13. Trent Merrin
Interchange: 14. James Fisher-Harris 15. Leilani Latu 16. Viliame Kikau 17. Sitaleki Akauola 18. Moses Leota 19. Tim Browne 20. Peta Hiku 21. Dallin Watene Zelezniak

SYD-17teamlist.jpg

1. Michael Gordon 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Joseph Manu 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 6. Luke Keary 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Dylan Napa 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Aidan Guerra
Interchange: 14. Isaac Liu 15. Zane Tetevano 16. Ryan Matterson 17. Connor Watson 18. Chris Smith 19. Paul Carter 20. Lindsay Collins 22. Mitchell Cornish

REF-YELLOW-2017.jpg

Referees: Grant Atkins, Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis, Dave Ryan
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Bryan Norrie

U20s Round 3
Panthers v Roosters at Pepper Stadium, Sat 4:45pm

ISP Round 3
Mounties (Raiders) v Penrith Panthers at Aubrey Keech Reserve, Sat 3pm
Wyong Roos (Roosters) v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at Morry Breen Oval, Sat 3pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

Fangs

Coach
Gonna be a big one. Roosters awesome in attack but a bit dopey towards the end of the Dogs match. With Cartwright out you won't have any turnstiles to pass through unfortunately.

Tommy Smith

Referee
We'll need to defend a lot better if we're to be a chance of winning.

I'm not overly confident as I think we're in the very early stages of our development as a team and coming up against a quality, settled team on their turf.

We're obviously capable. Our best can match anyone else. But I don't think we're there yet.

Panthers by 10.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Stupid brain fart errors have lead directly to least 4 tries against us in the first two weeks. That stuff just has to stop for us to be a realistic chance. SKD I'm looking at you.

Lambretta

First Grade
I am going out to Penrith to watch this one
Never been to Pepper Stadium before

Looking forward to it. Fingers crossed the Roosters can find something, but with Fergo and Evans missing we're making things hard for ourselves

Looking forward to it. Fingers crossed the Roosters can find something, but with Fergo and Evans missing we're making things hard for ourselves

If it looks like rain, which the forecast says it does, ensure you get seats in the grand stand, and not in the front few rows if you want to stay dry. I only say that cause if there is any breeze, the front few rows in the grand stand can get wet from the rain being driven in.Looking at ticketek's website, seats in the stands are going fast - http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=PAN0317

Fangs

Coach

Good on you! We even have some decent cafes now, so you'll feel right at home with your latte.

Its not SFS. But I have been to just about all the major grounds in Western Sydney. I think it is the best one to watch football at (trying to be objective here, I am a Panthers fan).

Fangs

Coach
If it looks like rain, which the forecast says it does, ensure you get seats in the grand stand, and not in the front few rows if you want to stay dry. I only say that cause if there is any breeze, the front few rows in the grand stand can get wet from the rain being driven in.Looking at ticketek's website, seats in the stands are going fast - http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=PAN0317

Yep its gonna piss down sadly.

I've only got general admission :( there is a slight amount of cover under the scoreboard end (Southern end). Otherwise bring an umbrella.

Disappointed with the weather. I reckon we could have had 15k + at the game if not for the rain.

Lambretta

First Grade
What a great away day Penrith is

The train takes 40 minutes from Central which is really good by Sydney standards
The pub across the road from the was excellent - they have Newtowner on tap and the food was a cut above what I expected. Those were really nice chips.

The ground is a relatively short walk from the station and it's flat (so no whinging about getting there)

The view from in the stadium is excellent - we were in Bay 7 (in line with the 10 yard line) on the Eastern side under the roof

The locals are friendly and there was good banter between members of the crowd on both sides. Not a thrown fist in sight.

The beer in the stadium is utter f**king pish (why can't they just offer cans of Mountain Goat, Steam Ale or Newtowner as an alternative?) but then the beer in every stadium is utter pish. On the plus side it gives you a reason not to have a drink for 2 hours

Getting home was a problem as someone in Mount Druitt was threatening self harm (must have been dismayed that video refs can't rule on forward passes) and all the trains were cancelled. But Ravi the Uber driver extraordinaire got us to Central for $90 (split 3 ways) so even that wasn't too much of a drama

I will definitely be going back to Penrith. I loved it. The only question I have is "where the bloody hell are the rest of ya?" Of all my Roosters supporting mates, three Poms went out to the game. No Aussies. Why is it that Australians don't do away games more? There were a lot of Roosters supporters there, but I get the feeling a large percentage of them lived locally. The trains out there and platforms after the game weren't rammed. Going to the footy, especially at a cracking little stadium like Penrith should be part and parcel of being a fan of any team in Sydney. 40 minutes from Central - it's not like its a $1,000 flight and two days out of your life.

Do yourself a favour and get to away games.

Fangs

Coach
What a great away day Penrith is

The train takes 40 minutes from Central which is really good by Sydney standards
The pub across the road from the was excellent - they have Newtowner on tap and the food was a cut above what I expected. Those were really nice chips.

The ground is a relatively short walk from the station and it's flat (so no whinging about getting there)

The view from in the stadium is excellent - we were in Bay 7 (in line with the 10 yard line) on the Eastern side under the roof

The locals are friendly and there was good banter between members of the crowd on both sides. Not a thrown fist in sight.

The beer in the stadium is utter f**king pish (why can't they just offer cans of Mountain Goat, Steam Ale or Newtowner as an alternative?) but then the beer in every stadium is utter pish. On the plus side it gives you a reason not to have a drink for 2 hours

Getting home was a problem as someone in Mount Druitt was threatening self harm (must have been dismayed that video refs can't rule on forward passes) and all the trains were cancelled. But Ravi the Uber driver extraordinaire got us to Central for $90 (split 3 ways) so even that wasn't too much of a drama

I will definitely be going back to Penrith. I loved it. The only question I have is "where the bloody hell are the rest of ya?" Of all my Roosters supporting mates, three Poms went out to the game. No Aussies. Why is it that Australians don't do away games more? There were a lot of Roosters supporters there, but I get the feeling a large percentage of them lived locally. The trains out there and platforms after the game weren't rammed. Going to the footy, especially at a cracking little stadium like Penrith should be part and parcel of being a fan of any team in Sydney. 40 minutes from Central - it's not like its a $1,000 flight and two days out of your life.

Do yourself a favour and get to away games.

Good man!

Was impressed with the new food alternatives outside the ground. Has been shithouse for years.

Lambretta

First Grade
Good man!

Was impressed with the new food alternatives outside the ground. Has been shithouse for years.

Yeah, they had a milk bar 50's style set up in the corner of the ground
I thought that was quite cool

Good to see the club trying things and also the whole area getting a bit more variety