What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Roosters @ Allianz Stadium

Who will win? Round 3: Roosters v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frederick

Staff member
Our support play tonight has been pretty bad. Plenty of half chances but noone there to capitalise

Misanthrope

Staff member
Our support play tonight has been pretty bad. Plenty of half chances but noone there to capitalise

That’s the most unforgivable element of this performance. We could have been in it up to our necks with adequate support play and more level heads when making breaks.

Jono078

Referee
It's been a problem with the Knights for so long now and it shits me to tears. Brown needs to ensure that next week everyone is backing up Ponga. He's is creating so much and if he had numbers around him I think we'd be getting plenty of opportunities to score.

slotmachine

First Grade
I'm going to watch mad dog and midley highlights for the next week to remind myself what having centres with half an idea feels like.

SOS Ramien.

Frederick

Staff member
It's been a problem with the Knights for so long now and it shits me to tears. Brown needs to ensure that next week everyone is backing up Ponga. He's is creating so much and if he had numbers around him I think we'd be getting plenty of opportunities to score.
Not just Ponga. Whenever the roosters have made a half break there are players coming from everywhere to support. The break by ponga early broke down from a bad pass by ponga. The second break by ponga broke down because Ross wasn't in position outside his centre who had made a clean break. Ross needed to be up with Moga, not 5 steps behind. Griffin made a clean break in behind the ruck, but noone was there in support. Sione poked his head through and had his arms free, but noone was there to support. And again with Moga late in the game...Ross wasn't there with him.

I have a feeling losing Watson so early hurt more than we thought as Watson's strength is in his support play.

The game provided a reality check big time. We're nowhere near the top, but have enough in us to avoid being down the bottom. We're a middle of the road team who is improving. Combinations and understanding and trust amongst the team will come with each game they play.

PhilGould

Bench
Sione backs up a good performance last week with one of his worst. Had no idea what he was doing in defence. Ross was awful as well.

There's a lot to work on obviously, but overall this performance didn't worry me too much. A team with Tedesco, Keary and Cronk can and will put 40 on any team when they're getting the luck of the bounce like that.