What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 4: Wests Tigers v Eels

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

super_coach

First Grade
On a positive note, we have being playing a ultra physical brand of football and having the long break between games will do us no harm at all. Lets hope we get the rub of the green for once

Vozzy

Juniors
If we defend the way we have I can see us winning 20-6 something like that. I can see it being tight if we can get an 8 point lead and keep defending to the point parra get frustrated we should be able to finish them in the final 20. I want to score an early try cos that could unleash confidence in our attack.

simmo05

Bench
It has been said on here earlier, the fact hayne is out is a huge plus for them. Current form indicates a comfortable win to wests, however as wests fans we know that its these games we typically blow. This will be a good guide to how the culture rebuild is going

Tigerm

First Grade
It has been said on here earlier, the fact hayne is out is a huge plus for them. Current form indicates a comfortable win to wests, however as wests fans we know that its these games we typically blow. This will be a good guide to how the culture rebuild is going
We are a new team, so nothing is typical IMO, win or lose I just hope we are trying. At the beginning of the year, many were hoping for 1 or 2 wins from the first 6 games. We have already exceeded many people's expectations.

super_coach

First Grade
One thing I have learnt over many years of following the JV/Balmain...last week means nothing for both teams. It all comes down to who wants it on the day mixed with a bit of luck

Vic Mackey

Referee
Word going round is Liddle will play, unsure who for. Lolohea is there for cover and won’t come in unless someone pulls out.

I reckon we’ll be 1-17 with Liddle in for 1 if the hookers

Rhyno

First Grade
Can’t wait to see Tony WillIams use brooks as a speed bump

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Interesting team news going around that either Naquima and MWZ will be the one to miss out. Tui will come to 1 in pushing Thompson to the wing. MWZ possibly moving to center.

Liddle and Benji will play if they get through captains run.

My guess is Grant and Gamble drop off bench tomorrow. Then McIllwrick and the back before kick off.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Liddle in, McIllwrick out, great news. I reckon Tui will play aswell. Team slowly starting to take shape

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2018/04/01/nrl-team-update-round-4/

NRL Team Update: Round 4

Author
Dan Talintyre
Timestamp
Sun 1 Apr 2018, 03:56 PM

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary has updated his 19-man squad to take on the Parramatta Eels for their Round 4 Easter Monday clash at ANZ Stadium.

Kickoff for the match is at 4:00pm AEST with live coverage via Fox League.

After picking up an ankle injury in his side's Golden Point loss last weekend, Benji Marshall has been cleared by Cleary to take his spot alongside Luke Brooks in the halves for Monday's game.

The injury news is also positive for young gun hooker Jacob Liddle, who will play his first game of the season after recovering from off-season shoulder surgery. Liddle replaces Matt McIlwrick on the bench.

Tim Grant and Tuimoala Lolohea have been retained in the 19-man squad as reserves, with the final team list to be confirmed one hour prior to kickoff tomorrow (3:00pm AEST, Monday).

With a growing rivalry between the two sides and a blockbuster crowd expected for the traditional Easter Monday clash, this game is definitely one you don't want to miss — click here to get your tickets today!

WESTS TIGERS
1. Corey Thompson
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Esan Marsters
4. Kevin Naiqama
5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
6. Benji Marshall
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer
9. Pita Godinet
10. Ben Matulino
11. Chris Lawrence (capt.)
12. Robbie Rochow
13. Matt Eisenhuth

Interchange:
15. Alex Twal
16. Michael Chee Kam
17. Josh Aloiai
20. Jacob Liddle

Reserves:
19. Tim Grant
21. Tuimoala Lolohea

Coach: Ivan Cleary

Clifferd

Coach
Yay Liddle

I think barring injury, next week we should have a full strength squad to choose from for the first time?

Taylor and Reynolds expected back also.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yay Liddle

I think barring injury, next week we should have a full strength squad to choose from for the first time?

Taylor and Reynolds expected back also.

Hopefully mate, however I think Reynolds is at least 2 more weeks away going off Cleary’s press conference this morning

Latest posts