What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 4: Wests Tigers v Eels

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I'll take a one point win any day but I really hope we can put Parramatta to the sword. There has been some odd results the past few weeks and I really hope we can improve our f/a. I think this year more than ever for and against will be critical.

As I say, I'll take a win anytime but lets hope there are some points in the team tomorrow.

Tigerm

First Grade
I am not convinced about Liddle, hope you guys are right. But we shall see.

Clifferd

Coach
Am I going crazy or did Nofa seriously get dropped back to nsw cup?

And why.

I’m guessing our backline will now be

1. Lolohea
2. Thompson
3. Marsters
4. Naiquama
5. MWZ
6. Marshall
7. Brooks

Tigerm

First Grade
Am I going crazy or did Nofa seriously get dropped back to nsw cup?

And why.

I’m guessing our backline will now be

1. Lolohea
2. Thompson
3. Marsters
4. Naiquama
5. MWZ
6. Marshall
7. Brooks
Not according to Fox sport?
WESTS TIGERS v EELS

Monday, April 2, Suncorp Stadium, 4.00pm (AEDT)

Wests Tigers: 1 Corey Thompson, 2 David Nofoaluma, 3 Esan Marsters, 4 Kevin Naiqama, 5 Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, 6 Benji Marshall (c), 7 Luke Brooks, 8 Russell Packer, 9 Pita Godinet, 10 Ben Matulino, 11 Chris Lawrence, 12 Robbie Rochow, 13 Matthew Eisenhuth

Interchange: 15 Alex Twal, 16 Michael Chee Kam, 17 Josh Aloiai, 20 Jacob Liddle

Reserves: 19 Tim Grant, 21 Tuimoala Lolohea

Players cut: 14 Matt McIlwrick, 18 Tyson Gamble

Clifferd

Coach
Not according to Fox sport?
WESTS TIGERS v EELS

Monday, April 2, Suncorp Stadium, 4.00pm (AEDT)

Wests Tigers: 1 Corey Thompson, 2 David Nofoaluma, 3 Esan Marsters, 4 Kevin Naiqama, 5 Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, 6 Benji Marshall (c), 7 Luke Brooks, 8 Russell Packer, 9 Pita Godinet, 10 Ben Matulino, 11 Chris Lawrence, 12 Robbie Rochow, 13 Matthew Eisenhuth

Interchange: 15 Alex Twal, 16 Michael Chee Kam, 17 Josh Aloiai, 20 Jacob Liddle

Reserves: 19 Tim Grant, 21 Tuimoala Lolohea

Players cut: 14 Matt McIlwrick, 18 Tyson Gamble

Check ISP updated team list mate. He’s in there

Tim Grant not named in NSW Cup either

Clifferd

Coach
1. Watson Heleta
17. David Nofoaluma
3. Tony Tali
2. Lucas Price
5. Mahe Fonua
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Josh Drinkwater
15. JJ Felise
20. Matt McIlwrick
10. Sauaso Sue
11. Chris McQueen
12. Luke Garner (capt.)
9. Patrice Siolo

Interchange:
13. Bayley Sironen
14. Joseph Ratu
16. Cowen Epere
18. Braden Robson

Coach: Brett Hodgson

I really dunno why. I thought he’s been very good and been awesome defensively, but the coach must see it differently

I just looked at the ISP team (and updated it on the other thread) before jumping on this thread. I'm stumped as well re Nofoaluma. OK Tui was I assume always going to be the preferred No1 at the start of the season but taking the way he comes straight back in (assume as final team list not out yet) does Grub come back straight into 6 and Marshall to the bench as that was the thinking before round 1?

I guess using Liddle as example, IC wants his preferred 17 in place as soon as they are passed OK to play.

I hope that Liddle, Tui and Benji are 110% today.

I hope Nofa is still on the bus!

Clifferd

Coach
Surely has to be off field

He’s ticked every single box there is to tick on the field from what I’ve seen

Das Hassler

Bench
Maybe? Its a tactical switch for the eels. ..doubt it but never know...what has Kev actually done wrong to deserve being dropped though?. ...he's been solid

Clifferd

Coach
I don't like it but I figure Thompson is a walk up starter and IC figures Tui is the fullback. I would have dropped Kev and moved MWZ into the centres.

In clearys defense and I’ll back him for it I don’t think he wants to play players out of position

Meaning he only sees MWZ as a winger and that’s it

Tiger05

First Grade
Maybe? Its a tactical switch for the eels. ..doubt it but never know...what has Kev actually done wrong to deserve being dropped though?. ...he's been solid

Kev has been great. So has MWZ. You can't drop Marsters or Thompson. I can see why IC is choosing that team.

Still watching Fonua and Nofo I'd like to see us run out with a back 3 of Tui, Nofo and Fonua at some point. That would be hard to stop. If you had Marsters and MWZ or Thompson as the centres it would be a beast backline. If we'd kept Suli and he was playing to his potential we could have a power backline.

Tiger05

First Grade
In clearys defense and I’ll back him for it I don’t think he wants to play players out of position

Meaning he only sees MWZ as a winger and that’s it

MWZ played centre a fair few times last year from memory. He was inside Nofo. MWZ seems to be pretty adaptable.

Latest posts