Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by LeagueUnlimited News, Mar 26, 2018.

?

Who will win? Round 4: Wests Tigers v Eels

Poll closed Apr 2, 2018.
  1. Wests Tigers 13+

40.0%
  2. Wests Tigers 1-12

40.0%
  3. Draw after Golden Point

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Parramatta Eels 1-12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Parramatta Eels 13+

20.0%
  1. macnaz

macnaz First Grade

When are you going to let up .. seriously what the f**k does he have to do ? He makes more game winning plays then losing games week after week and you just death ride him continously. .. ffs if Nofo is to come into 1st grade its at the loss of MWZ ! The guy as hard as he trys offers complet and utter zero.

Tigerm and Old Time Tiger like this.
  2. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

Winning imperfectly is good at this stage of the season....got the points and a bunch of stuff to work on for this short week so there's no delusions of grandeur yet...the pressure stays on! good result!

3. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

t
    And at the end of the game the score was?

IMO a lot of luck at the end except for the great pass from T-Rex to get Jennings over. Forward passes, penalty against Naquama surprised that Parra wasn't penalised and then there was the desire to chance their hand and run with the ball but again I ask, what was the final score?

4. Disgruntled

Disgruntled Juniors

Yes you seem to be pretty quiet this season....

5. macnaz

macnaz First Grade

Fatigue. ... our 2nd half was absolute f**king garbage .... we let in 2 tries in 3 weeks and then let 3 in by this shit merkin side .. coach will be pissed id imagine

magpie_man likes this.
  6. Crazyperpman

Crazyperpman Juniors

The only thing Moses is delivering Para this year is another spoon. Absolute Myth.

Even the reporter is embarrassed for him.

IMG_0675.JPG

7. Tigerm

Tigerm Juniors

Agree, but I can't see why they would be changing a winning side for anyone.
    They will get their chance.

8. Front-Rower

Front-Rower Juniors

Corey Thompson I wanna boof him what a great pick up :cool:

Tiger05 and magpie_man like this.
  9. Life's Good

Life's Good First Grade

It's a great feeling you must be experiencing after so much false promise over the years. Well done and enjoy the ride.

10. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

Brooks obviously still has a ways to go but at last he is playing like a dominant
    ..confident halfback. ...his solid one on one defence is a MAJOR assett

Tiger05 likes this.
  11. Vozzy

Vozzy Juniors

The last 20 min was poor but more with the ball we needed to just hit the ball up and get a kick away and make them chase the game from their half rather gift them the ball 20m 3 times. Defence was still pretty good they scored tries from Kicks. Brooks was outstanding defending trex who was eels best in second half. The final 20 is a learning curve which helps us work on something for next game. If we went on with it making it 40-10 maybe in their minds things would seem easy but the last 20 was a good reminder not to clock off/relax. It's good we have the storm again cos we know we have to play for 80 so today was a good lesson.

12. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

He has been a liability in the past re his chronically poor defensive reads & I certainly am not death riding him coz I’d like nothing more than for Kev to serve me a slice of humble pie.He’s certainly making the most of the opportunity given him by Suli departing the club & hats of to him for scoring a brilliant try today.If IC is happy with him that’s all that matters & in IC we trust coz the rapid transformation of this team re toughness fitness & starch in defense is incredible.

Nothing pleased me more today than Brooks’s all round performance.His improvement is a credit to IC’s recruitment & coaching.

Tiger05 likes this.
  13. super_coach

super_coach Bench

Very hot and humid day, the score went with the possession flow. Aside from the win I am stoked Mitchell the tank engine had another very poor game. Karma karma karma

Tiger05, magpie_man and macnaz like this.
  14. Marshall_magic

Marshall_magic Coach

To be fair we had a 24 point lead, it was cue in the rack stuff after 3 games that went 80+ minutes. Parra threw the ball around like crazy and a few things stuck at the death, but it was realistically job done.

So far Ivan's signings have been excellent this season, the ones he has in first grade are performing, and he's not just shoving them all into the team for the sake of picking them. We've now shown we are a tough side to beat, and beaten 3 of last years top 4 (and were hard done by against the other).

Tiger05 likes this.
  15. glockers

glockers Juniors

How good was Marsters. Last pass in three tries.

Vic Mackey likes this.
  16. TheDefinitionOfMadness

TheDefinitionOfMadness Juniors

the positive is that we do have some points in us against poorer opposition.

the negative was that last 20 minutes. I have the feeling they'll be doing some extras at training this week. Having said that the defence was rock solid for the first 60 again.

Thompson is fast becoming my favourite player. He was great, as was the whole team for the first 60 minutes.

When Marshall signed and made those statements of regret about how he left I had a tear in the eye. He is bringing everything he said he would and more. To think our greatest ever player will see out his career at home in this form. It's a dream come true.

Go the Tigs!!!!!

Ron's_Mate and magpie_man like this.
  17. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

Yeah I don’t like the fact we took our foot off the throat for the last 20 mins, seemed like we fell back into old bad habits. But after we got out to our lead, I was pretty confident we’d roll them. They looked fckin shot.

Crazyperpman likes this.
  18. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

All in all a good win. We were completely dominant, 30-6 would have been a fair reflection of the game imo. The clock off at the end was disappointing but probably to be expected after 3 tough games in a row that went down to the last play.

I love our pack so much, everyone has a crack and we have guys who can pull the momentum back with a big hit or run.

Benji and Brooks combined well, I think it's obvious Tui and Liddell complete the spine and give us a lot more threat to the defence.

I still think Nofa needs to come in, he was massive in reserve grade. I'd be swapping him for MWZ. The guy is solid but isn't quick, isn't strong and I don't really see what he offers over Nofa.

19. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

Brooks was always the more talented coming through the grades. It's been a lack of fitness, coaching and confidence that's held him back. He finally seems to have all 3.

20. benched tiger

benched tiger Juniors

LMAO at Moses...best thing he ever did for the WT was put his purse in his handbag and leave.

super_coach likes this.