What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Storm @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 4: Wests Tigers v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clifferd

Coach
Yep, really no excuses for not beating Melbourne imo.

Would be embarrassing as f**k if we didn't

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yep, really no excuses for not beating Melbourne imo.

Would be embarrassing as f**k if we didn't
Excuses : melbournes big 3 ; we r shithouse in every aspect of the game -can't tackle can't kick scored only 1 try in last 2 matches & we will throw the towel in@ the 35th minute mark!

Clifferd

Coach
Excuses : melbournes big 3 ; we r shithouse in every aspect of the game -can't tackle can't kick scored only 1 try in last 2 matches & we will throw the towel in@ the 35th minute mark!

Agreed but I have a feel the boys attitude will change dramatically, followed by the fact we generally do quite ok against storm

Also Melb losing 3 key players, Munster is just as important as the other three imo.

Here's hoping!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Agreed but I have a feel the boys attitude will change dramatically, followed by the fact we generally do quite ok against storm

Also Melb losing 3 key players, Munster is just as important as the other three imo.

Here's hoping!

I think we're a good chance for a few reasons:

* we always trouble Melbourne, particularly at leichhardt. I heard today we've beaten them 8 of 12 times we've played them in Sydney

* the players have a massive point to prove and might actually put in for webster

* Melbourne are missing 4 key players and slater is playing his first full game in over 18 months, will be very rusty

* Our biggest problem v Penrith and raiders was terrible edge defence. Papalli, Paulo, fisherharris, kikau etc all got isolated 1on1 with our halves and made them pay, Melbourne don't have those guys ATM

* ET is a huge in, we massively missed him v raiders in defence and attack

* storm don't blow teams away, so far this year they've scored 12,26,14. The first 2 were against horrible teams. They only ever score what they need too. As bad as our attack has been if they only score 3 tries against us we will always be a chance of wining

Last edited:
It says a lot about our team when we have to rely on our opponents to have players out to feel more comfortable about our chances of winning,we need players with desire and drive with a will to win,without this our chances of winning decrease no matter who is playing for the opposition.

Shredder

Juniors
Drive?

Desire?

Tigers your talking about yeah?

I just went through the list of off contract players on zerotackle - we could dump this lot and pick up some decent players and still have cash to spare.

Tiger05

First Grade
They have had a really good half. Edwards shouldn't be there but the rest of them have been great.

I said earlier Tim Grant talks like he loves the club. He also plays like he loves the club. Smashing people.

Brooks doesn't look to me like an NRL player. He is a nice kid and he has some talent but he has so many mistakes in him. I want him to be successful but he has been terrible.

Let's see what happens in the second half.

Lastly - Sue is a worry. We scored at that point but he didn't play the game. That is a massive turnaround.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Cant understand what the selectors see in Edwards..Its obvious to all us fans ..hes USELESS.
I dont expect him to be picked next week.

Shredder

Juniors
Its funny - Blocker said before the game started the Tigers need to have a good first 20.

We did.

Then we switched off.

If we play like that first 20, for 80 mins EVERY week well win more than we lose.

Tiger05

First Grade
Add Grace Jones to Edwards...His defence is woeful.

Naiqama was really good for us today. Chee Kam was good too but he will regularly get beat out wide because he doesn't have the speed or lateral movement to defend out there. It happened again today and it cost us.

Tiger05

First Grade
This is my initial thoughts.

1. Brooks probably shouldn't be out there. His defence was great but he made heaps of mistakes in attack and when there is a chance he can't convert or maybe better put he converts too rarely. I don't think we can be a great team with him there.
2. Moses is a first grader. He can win games for us. He is a good player. He isn't a great player though.
3. Tedesco is quality but he isn't at the level of Slater for instance.
4. Woods is a good player but again he isn't a great player.

-> We can't okay overs for any of those guys and Brooks probably is someone we will have to get rid of. The mistakes Brooks made today were the sort of plays that makes me think he just isn't a guy that you can have in the halves of a comp winning team.

5. Nofo is a weapon. He is basically our best attacking player.
6. We have a decent pack of forwards. We may need something more here but it's not the glaring weakness in our side.
7. We desperately need some more weapons out wide. Suli looks good but not great. Chee-Kam gets caught out basically every game. He is significantly worse defensively than Naiqama and it's not close. Chee-Kam is actually a good player but he looks to me like a reserve grader or a utility bench player.
8. We desperately need some speed out wide. JAC is a weapon and is worth close to a try a game. He killed us today.

That is about all I can think of. We actually aren't that far off. If Idris comes good and replaces Chee-Kam we will look a lot better. Suli could also replace Naiqama and it may be an improvement. We also need a fast winger who can create something out of nothing to replace Suli.

I like Brooks but he at this point needs to be replaced. I think a good half today wins us that game. I wonder if even LittleJohn makes the passes today that needed to be made and we score and then Melbourne are gone.

Shredder

Juniors
My 2c is slightly different.

We played better as a team
Our first 20 was great.
Still lack concentration, creativity and the defence is still full of holes.

If we could play like the first 20 for the whole game every game we will win more than we lose.

Hard to score points when your half goes off, even when its Brookes.

Latest posts