What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Broncos @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Knights v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
That win was built on effort and enthusiasm, which is a good way to win for us at the moment. We're not going to blow sides off the park with skill or talent just yet but if we turn up with that attitude every week then we've got the pieces in place to grind out those tough wins.

What made me really happy about our performance on Saturday night is that no-one really had a bad game and everyone 1-17 made a contribution. Obviously some contributions were more crucial than others but everyone played for each other and it was a real team effort.

I would have felt aweful for SKD if we'd lost because he made a couple of clangers but to be fair he ran hard and made some really tough carries all night especially getting us out of our red zone. He also came up with that tackle on Jack Bird when it looked like a Broncos try was coming, that was a clutch play and made up for his previous errors imo.

Barnett and Dan Saifiti both showed plenty of aggression which was good to see, and Dan made good metres off the bench too. These were two guys who needed to stand up and they did, now we need to see it more consistently.

The Griffin/Levi combo was interesting, it looked to me like Griffin played the full 80 although I could be wrong, did he go to lock for a while? I thought Levi was pretty solid and deserves another game next week.

Ross also came up with his best game of the year and was excellent in almost all aspects, I was especially impressed with his kick chase.

All in all what a sweet win it was!

slotmachine

First Grade
Griffin went to lock at about the 25th minute. He came off in the second half for a bit then went back on at hooker with 10 to go.

Yosh

Coach
I was really worried we were gonna be out powered by their pack when Levi came on. We look so small out there with Griffin, Barnett and Heighington... However we luckily stood our ground. To be honest, the lack of size is the only real concern I have with the team and perhaps the lack of a gun centre.

Latest posts