What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Dragons @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Wests Tigers v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 5
Wests Tigers v St George Illawarra Dragons
ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park (TICKETS)
Sunday 2 April 2017

Gates 1:40pm / NYC 1:45pm / NRL 4pm

WST-17teamlist.jpg

1. James Tedesco 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Jamal Idris 4. Kevin Naiqama 5. Moses Suli 6. Mitchell Moses 7. Jack Littlejohn 8. Aaron Woods 9. Matt McIlwrick 10. Ava Seumanufagai 11. Josh Aloiai 12. Chris Lawrence 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Tim Grant 15. Sauaso Sue 16. Michael Chee-Kam 17. Matt Ballin 18. Kyle Lovett 19. Justin Hunt 20. Joel Edwards 21. Junior Tatola

SGI-17teamlist.jpg

1. Josh Dugan 2. Nene Macdonald 3. Euan Aitken 4. Timoteo Lafai 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Josh McCrone 8. Russell Packer 9. Cameron McInnes 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Joel Thompson 13. Jack de Belin
Interchange: 14. Tariq Sims 15. Leeson Ah Mau 16. Jacob Host 17. Kurt Mann 18. Jai Field 19. Taane Milne 20. Luciano Leilua 21. Hame Sele

REF-BLUE-2017.jpg

Referees: Henry Perenara, Matt Noyen
Sideline Officials: Rohan Best, Phil Henderson
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Ben Galea

U20s Round 5
Wests Tigers v Dragons at ANZ Stadium, Sun 1:45pm

ISP NSW Round 5
North Sydney (Rabbitohs) v Wests Tigers at Chatswood Oval, Sun 3pm
Wyong (Roosters) v Illawarra (Dragons) at Morrie Breen, Sun 3pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

Clifferd

Coach
It's hard to argue against us getting flogged..

Had a real chance to beat Melbourne but blew it

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Idris
4. Chee Kam
5. Suli
6. Moses
7. Littlejohn
8. Woods (c)
9. Mcillwrick
10. Seuamanifangu
11. Aloiai
12. Lawrence
13. Taylor

14. Sue
15. Grant
16. Felise
17. Ballin

I think I prefer Sue coming off the bench for impact

Hopefully Littlejohn plays out of his skin and keeps Brooks out

Time to bite the bullet and get Idris to play full 80. Naiqama is f**king useless

Vic Mackey

Referee
I can't have MCK in the centers anymore, worth a try in the backrow.

I was all for it but Sue needs to go back to prop, heisnt effective on the edge and we miss his yardage.

Not sure if Aloiai back there is the answer, I don't know how he's been going in nsw cup but I'd throw Marsters in, at least he might create something.

Tiger05

First Grade
1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Suli
4. Idris
5. Hunt
6. Moses
7. Littlejohn
8. Woods (c)
9. Mcillwrick
10. Seuamanifangu
11. Aloiai
12. Lawrence
13. Taylor

14. Sue
15. Grant
16. Felise
17. Liddle

Clifferd

Coach
I can't have MCK in the centers anymore, worth a try in the backrow.

I was all for it but Sue needs to go back to prop, heisnt effective on the edge and we miss his yardage.

Not sure if Aloiai back there is the answer, I don't know how he's been going in nsw cup but I'd throw Marsters in, at least he might create something.

Chee Kam might be worth a shot in 2nd row in place of Sue, that leaves Idris/Suli/Naiqama in the centres

I'd go Idris/Suli then Naiqama on wing

Bench of Aloiai, Grant, Sue, Ballin sounds good to me

Perth Tiger

Bench
1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Suli
4. Idris
5. Hunt
6. Moses
7. Littlejohn
8. Woods (c)
9. Mcillwrick
10. Seuamanifangu
11. Aloiai
12. Lawrence
13. Taylor

14. Sue
15. Grant
16. Felise
17. Liddle

I would probably go the same but I would be tempted to try Kev on the wing to see if he has anything left. Suli is getting found out by defending on the wing which I guess isn't a surprise since he has barely played there.

Also I would swap Sue with Taylor to see if his experience coupled with him being fresher can solve the switch off at the 30-35 minute mark

BrotherJim05

Bench
1. Tedesco
2. Nofa
3. Suli
4. Idris
5. Naiqama
6. Moses
7. JLJ
8. Woods
9. MM
10. Ava
11. Lawrence
12. Sue
13. ET

14. Grant
15. Felise
16. Aloai
17. Liddle

Tiger05

First Grade
I would probably go the same but I would be tempted to try Kev on the wing to see if he has anything left. Suli is getting found out by defending on the wing which I guess isn't a surprise since he has barely played there.

Also I would swap Sue with Taylor to see if his experience coupled with him being fresher can solve the switch off at the 30-35 minute mark

Everyone saying that would see how Kev goes on the wing hasn't seem him there. He was moved to the centres because he was bog ordinary on the wing. I like Kev and I think he cops it unfairly because of his defence which I think is due to Nofo, Moses, Sue/Aloiai as much if not more than Kev. His attack this year though has been crud and his defence isn't good. I think he should be a backup option going forward.

We should get a gun winger. Make our back 3 weapons. They get us going forward and score and defend tries. It's a critical position.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Hahaha that's gold. Maybe keep him there and he'll be out for the season

At this rate that is a high likelihood, my avatars in order:
1. BMM - gone
2. Simona - gone
3. Rankin - no longer play FG
4. Edwards - .......

I think I even had Farah at one point.....

1. Tedesco
2. Nofa
3. Suli
4. Idris
5. ??? (NOT RANKIN)
6. Moses
7. JLJ
8. Woods
9. MM
10. Ava
11. Aloai
12. MCK
13. ET

14. Grant
15. Felise
16. Sue
17. Liddle

I'd move MCK and Aloai into the starting back row and punt Kev,the bloke just doesn't put in and is more of a burden than bonus,Lawrence can join him,and Sue can fill the bench,add a winger,whoever is quickest in reggies,anyone other than Rankin.

Clifferd

Coach
WESTS TIGERS

1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Jamal Idris
4. Kevin Naiqama
5. Moses Suli
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Jack Littlejohn
8. Aaron Woods (capt.)
9. Matt McIlwrick
10. Ava Seumanufagai
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Chris Lawrence
13. Elijah Taylor

Interchange:
14. Tim Grant
15. Sauaso Sue
16. Michael Chee Kam
17. Matt Ballin

18. Justin Hunt
19. Kyle Lovett
20. Joel Edwards
21. Junior Tatola

Clifferd

Coach
I like it a lot

No Brooks, no Edwards

Idris starting, Chee Kam utility bench player

Sue on bench for impact

Ballin makes his return (hopefully)

Key changes have made me a bit more excited now

Tiger05

First Grade
This is a significant improvement. I'd have another prop rather than Chee-Kam but Chee-Kam has been good and Aloiai can easily play in the middle.

I know Brooks is injured but he really needs to learn his craft elsewhere and LittleJohn will probably be a better option. I rate Brooks but he needs a lot of work to get to first grade level.

Latest posts