What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Sharks @ Southern Cross Group Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Sharks v Knights

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swarzey

Bench
you'll be back

#stockholmsyndrome

I know. It's the worst. This week I'm going to spend my time believing we're a chance to beat the Bulldogs so I'll have a reason to watch it. Then we'll either lose by 40 or 1 again and I'll be right back. Time is a god damn flat circle supporting this team.

perverse

Referee
Hodko tried to take a hit up on the 4th tackle with 15 seconds left so he didn't have to do anything on the last play.
Yeah, it was truly abysmal. He's finding ways to impress like this most weeks now. No-one can deny it anymore, not even Brown hopefully. I'm really not sure that we're any worse off with a Pearsall or a Feeney at this point, both of those guys have a career to play for at least.

Brown will trot out the old "kids need to learn to win" shit or whatever, and rightfully be proud of the effort... but the elephant in the room is that we can equally lose by 1 point to the team coming 1st or 15th on any given day, and the bloke in the drivers seat is hardly a rookie.

Spot On

Coach
Hats off to Wardle. He was f**king great today.

Whoever said he wouldnt be up to firsts ........

perverse

Referee
Hats off to Wardle. He was f**king great today.

Whoever said he wouldnt be up to firsts ........
Yeah, he was good. Elliott was good, too. Everyone was good except for you-know-who. Sio had some ordinary moments, too.

Spot On

Coach
I could make a pretty strong argument that Feeney played better in his 1 game playing in the halves in first grade than Hodko is playing right now. And he doesn't need stem cells to walk.

I can't. Feeney, from what I've seen is a bush standard footballer.

If he gets a gig in first and does well I'll happily eat shit but I can't ever see that happening.

Rudderriffic

Juniors
It's 'ifs and buts' level of speculation, but would Brown have been more likely to drop Hodkinson with this level of form if we didn't lose Mullen? Mullen had his own issues, but Mullen/Lamb sounds 1000x better than Hodko/anyone.

Glendale

Juniors
Done with Hodko.

Done with refs.

But I will never be done with these boys. Geez that was a gutsy effort today. There is more heart and spirit in this Knights team that I have seen in any of teams for years. To lose to the Sharks by only 1 point whilst having less then 40% of the ball is unheard of.

perverse

Referee
I can't. Feeney, from what I've seen is a bush standard footballer.

If he gets a gig in first and does well I'll happily eat shit but I can't ever see that happening.
It probably won't, and I don't really care enough to defend him either, because I agree with your sentiment that he's just shit. My point is any old potato is better than Hodko at the moment. Hell drop him for no other reason than to show the kids that if you play shit, you get dropped. I just can't stand watching him any longer. It angers me profusely.

Play f**king Barnett in the halves and bring another forward in. I don't even care, just make it stop.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Well we may as well have a forward in the halves because all hokko does is catch, pass, get tackled on the 4th. That's literally it. At least if we had feeney there, we would have a half who could catch, pass, and run the ball. Hodkinson has absolutely zero skill set. There is nothing to his game. f**k him.

perverse

Referee
Seriously, what could a guy like Pearsall do worse than Hodko right now? Giving the ball to Lamb slower? Letting second rowers palm him off an extra metre?

Glendale

Juniors
It probably won't, and I don't really care enough to defend him either, because I agree with your sentiment that he's just shit. My point is any old potato is better than Hodko at the moment. Hell drop him for no other reason than to show the kids that if you play shit, you get dropped. I just can't stand watching him any longer. It angers me profusely.

Play f**king Barnett in the halves and bring another forward in. I don't even care, just make it stop.

Ruderrific raised a good point when he said when he said if Mullen was available we could drop Hodko easily. So once again our season dies upon the loss of Mullen.

perverse

Referee
Well we may as well have a forward in the halves because all hokko does is catch, pass, get tackled on the 4th. That's literally it. At least if we had feeney there, we would have a half who could catch, pass, and run the ball. Hodkinson has absolutely zero skill set. There is nothing to his game. f**k him.
Yeah, it's like watching the color beige play football.